NG Models May 2024 Hints

JJ Skippy

NG hints for May are live. It’s about freaking time we get some true classics in the house. Also debuting this month are the A330neo.

Airbus A319
N53xxx

Airbus A320
SX-xxx
SX-xxx

Airbus A330-200
B-6xxx
B-6xxx
B-6xxx
B-6xxx

Airbus A330-800 (new mould)
5X-xxx

Airbus A330-900 (new mould)
N41xxx
N41xxx
N40xxx

Boeing 737-700
C-Gxxx

Boeing 737-800
HP-18xxxxx
LV-xxx
PS-xxx
PS-xxx
B-5xxx
B-5xxx
HL7xxx
B-2xxx
B-7xxx
B-2xxx

Boeing 737 MAX 10
N27xxx
N27xxx
B-2xxx

Boeing 777-200
N79xxx

McDonnell Douglas MD-80 series (new mould)
N58xxx
N96xxx
N98xxx

COMAC ARJ21-700
B-3xxx

Damn are they early…

All three A339s are Delta for sure, one of them having to be the Ultimate Collection.

Super excited to see the MD-80s, hoping for some Deltas with both the N96 and N98XXX regs!

Also the N53XXX is most likely Spirit, in the Ultimate Collection given what happened with the last Delta release.

Those MD-80s are going to be epic. With those tail numbers, American, Delta, and TWA are all in play!

Those MD-80s are going to be epic. With those tail numbers, American, Delta, and TWA are all in play!
I’m thinking they’re gonna do American; N58 will be one of the legacy units (and with that also have the black nose!) and N96 will be one of the ex-TWA birds with the gray nose. I’ll be getting N58 if that’s the case since I don’t have the black nose in my collection yet.

I’m thinking they’re gonna do American; N58 will be one of the legacy units (and with that also have the black nose!) and N96 will be one of the ex-TWA birds with the gray nose. I’ll be getting N58 if that’s the case since I don’t have the black nose in my collection yet.
It would be super tempting to pick up all of them... can never have too many AA Mad Dogs as far as I'm concerned. But I'm hoping N96 is TW final colors and N98 is DL Ron Allen.

It would be super tempting to pick up all of them... can never have too many AA Mad Dogs as far as I'm concerned. But I'm hoping N96 is TW final colors and N98 is DL Ron Allen.
Indeed; ask Connor (@redriveraviation) about that and he’ll tell you 😂 I’d be happy if Ron Allen got made, would look nice alongside GJ’s Deltaflot whenever that gets announced.

Indeed; ask Connor (@redriveraviation) about that and he’ll tell you 😂 I’d be happy if Ron Allen got made, would look nice alongside GJ’s Deltaflot whenever that gets announced.
The only thing is, the NG mold appears to be light years beyond GJ's... it has the correct "double bubble" cross section and correct wingtips! Are we even going to want the GJ Deltaflot when we can hold out for NG?

The only thing is, the NG mold appears to be light years beyond GJ's... it has the correct "double bubble" cross section and correct wingtips! Are we even going to want the GJ Deltaflot when we can hold out for NG?
I know I will because I don’t feel like waiting for someone else to do it later. To me it doesn’t seem worth it if there’s already a version of the product you want out there.

I know I will because I don’t feel like waiting for someone else to do it later. To me it doesn’t seem worth it if there’s already a version of the product you want out there.
True, and if the NG one does end up coming out and being better, you could either have both or sell the GJ. It might be justifiable in my case to have both since there were times where one from ATL and CVG were on the ground at the same time.

True, and if the NG one does end up coming out and being better, you could either have both or sell the GJ. It might be justifiable in my case to have both since there were times where one from ATL and CVG were on the ground at the same time.
Personally I don’t need multiple of the same liveries; I plan to get one of each of the Deltas. It would indeed work to have both GJ and NG or buy two of the NG for your scenarios, depending on whoever releases first.

A few exotic stuff, but also tons of typical NG boringness.

The A330neos are interesting, specially the Uganda Airlines. Super awesome. Hope to see Senegal Airlines too, since it's another African operator.
Also good to see some US airlines for the first MD-80s. Hopefully these will be fantastic picks and will keep the already much spoiled American collectors even more happy :LOL:

On the nonsense side... I see two PS-reg B737-800s. 🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷
PS is a quite new Brazilian registration variation. Currently there are only 6 Boeing 737-800s with PS reg here in Brazil, and they are all freighters of Gol Linhas Aéreas, with the striking yellow livery of e-commerce website Mercado Livre.
The regs are PS-GFA to GFF. They all have the same yellow livery, except PS-GFD. This one wears a blue and yellow special livery, promoting the "Mercado Pago" website.

PS-GFA was already released by NG.
PS-GFB was already released by NG.
PS-GFD (the special one) was released by Phoenix.

I believe NG will now release GFD and some other in yellow livery (GFC, GFE or GFF), but why do we need three different regs of the same livery?! Not even Brazilian collectors want these... only one yellow and the GFD are enough.

Another thing that worries me is the lack of some older moulds.
No 757, no L-1011, no 747SP, no Tu-154... :(

Last edited:
Honestly, now that I have thought about it a bit more, I suspect this MD-80 release might be less exciting than I thought. It's possible they could be all AA, with one original AA bird (hopefully the black nose if that's the case), one AA with a former TW tail number, and one AA/TW hybrid. All screwdriver tailcones, of course.