NG Model 1:400 December 2023 Release Hints

Concerning the comparison shots posted.
NG sure is the obvious winner when it comes to mould. GJ's (never seen this before) is horror. When it comes to artwork, my clear favourite is YY. NG is - despite its superior built/print quality - last.

NG sure is the obvious winner when it comes to mould. GJ's (never seen this before) is horror. When it comes to artwork, my clear favourite is YY. NG is - despite its superior built/print quality - last.
The tail logo is indeed not the quality I expected from NG, it's not a small logo afterall so mistakes are easy to notice. Such a popular aircraft and yet not much effort to get it right. YY got the best balance of artwork accuracy and mould quality.

The tail logo is indeed not the quality I expected from NG, it's not a small logo afterall so mistakes are easy to notice. Such a popular aircraft and yet not much effort to get it right. YY got the best balance of artwork accuracy and mould quality.

The YY one is what we would call in Spanish a BBB: bueno, bonito y barato (good, pretty and cheap).

The NG one is like a hot fashion model with dirty fingernails 😂

GJ is just ugly.

You're putting the NG behind the GJ version? After those comparision shots I'm put the NG first and the GJ in the trash

You're putting the NG behind the GJ version? After those comparision shots I'm put the NG first and the GJ in the trash
No. But I may be way too technical (as usual) as I split my judgement into three indepenent categories.
1. Mould (R&D, cast quality)
2. Artwork (Research and execution)
3. Production (assembly+printing+detailing (=built quality))

NG is top notch in (1.) and (3.) but lacking in (2.). D-ABYT is no exception here.

well what kills me is that they still got the Southwest color wrong smh...

View attachment 27142

What a disappointment about the color. Don't think I've ever said this about an NG model before, but I'll wait for someone else to do it better. I'll hope that they correct it for the upcoming 73Gs, but considering that countless people told NG they got the color wrong on the SWA MAX8 yet it still is wrong on the MAX7, I'm not expecting it'll be fixed for the 73Gs either.

well what kills me is that they still got the Southwest color wrong smh...
Don't wanna beat a dead horse, but when NG showcased their WN MAX 7 on their WeChat feed earlier today, I took the chance to raise the color issue.

Surprisingly, they actually replied and acknowledged the problem. Hopefully this means that future WN releases by NG will have the correct shades, but that remains to be seen...

IMG_6107.jpg

Last edited:
Don't wanna beat a dead horse, but when NG showcased their WN MAX 7 on their WeChat feed earlier today, I took the chance to raise the color issue.

Surprisingly, they actually replied and acknowledged the problem. Hopefully this means that future WN releases by NG will have the correct shades, but that remains to be seen...

View attachment 27683
Which translator did you use?

View attachment 27683
I have the feeling we will still see the color issue on the upcoming 737s but I wanna be wrong.
Thank you, though. I had DM'ed NG through IG regarding the color issue as well, but never got a response, so let's just hope 🤞

I have the feeling we will still see the color issue on the upcoming 737s but I wanna be wrong.
Thank you, though. I had DM'ed NG through IG regarding the color issue as well, but never got a response, so let's just hope 🤞
As long as the folks in China are over the moon over NG's almost exclusively Chinese pickings, they won't budge. I ain't got issues with people getting what they wanted but NG now almost exclusively interacts with and caters to the mainland Chinese collectorate, while our complaints fall on deaf ears. Someone needs to raise hell in Chinese for them to at least acknowledge certain issues, which is frustrating.

I figured I might as well bite the bullet. What's the worst that could happen? Banned from commenting on their posts? :ROFLMAO: NG needs to remember that we non-Chinese collectors are important to their business as well.