NG Models May 2024 Hints

I honestly don't think the nth AA 772 re-release would make NG as much money as a popular subject they've never done, like a CX brushwing 772. Maybe I'm wrong, but a modicum of variety would be nice.

I agree. I have not purchased from NG in several months. The AA MDs do fit my collection but I’m not sure I will be getting the three of them. As far as brands going for the money I think Phoenix takes the cake. That might be because of my collecting criteria, but I get the feeling it is actually true. Lots of collectors posting photos of new PH acquisitions. Meanwhile several NGs sitting on retailer sites. Anyone else sees it that way?

I think Phoenix takes the cake. That might be because of my collecting criteria, but I get the feeling it is actually true. Lots of collectors posting photos of new PH acquisitions. Meanwhile several NGs sitting on retailer sites. Anyone else sees it that way?
Probably because PH releases are centered around a geographically diverse selection of popular FSCs, without rehashing certain stuff ad nauseam.

NG does make a lot of popular stuff, but the re-releases end up creating excess supply. They also totally neglect airlines which would make them a truckload of dinero. For others, they release all the wrong stuff; KAL is decently popular, but nobody gives a toss about their narrowbodies.

I agree. I have not purchased from NG in several months. The AA MDs do fit my collection but I’m not sure I will be getting the three of them. As far as brands going for the money I think Phoenix takes the cake. That might be because of my collecting criteria, but I get the feeling it is actually true. Lots of collectors posting photos of new PH acquisitions. Meanwhile several NGs sitting on retailer sites. Anyone else sees it that way?

It’s unfortunately Phoenix with the right releases wrong moulds, NG with the wrong releases right moulds. Who knows when we will see some proper diversity again. One of you go try and apply for a job there see what you can do or something!

Honestly, now that I have thought about it a bit more, I suspect this MD-80 release might be less exciting than I thought. It's possible they could be all AA, with one original AA bird (hopefully the black nose if that's the case), one AA with a former TW tail number, and one AA/TW hybrid. All screwdriver tailcones, of course.
Looks like I called it!

The question is why JC doesn't step in then.
That's the question I answered in the JC thread a few days ago when I said.

"BUT fundamentally JC is still slow and there is a leadership vacuum. The majority of this month's releases are filler from the warehouse. Some are very very old. The new mould production is slow and the actual JC team don't seem to know what they are doing in terms of what to release or how to release it."

....and the actual JC team don't seem to know what they are doing in terms of what to release or how to release it."
Fair enough, I saw that. Very odd still. Weren't they the ones that sold AC the 742 blanks? Can't they see what AC and PH release and how it sells?

A little disappointed that the American MD-80s aren’t black nose variants. That was my only reason to get them.

No kidding. I have a black nose one from DW, but they released three of the things and could not do a black-nosed one?

No kidding. I have a black nose one from DW, but they released three of the things and could not do a black-nosed one?
Right! Hopefully they update the Super 80's CGI to include it or they do another one next month to satisfy that crew. They have quite the tendency to release the same plane with minor changes the next month.

NG does make a lot of popular stuff, but the re-releases end up creating excess supply. They also totally neglect airlines which would make them a truckload of dinero. For others, they release all the wrong stuff; KAL is decently popular, but nobody gives a toss about their narrowbodies.
I disagree with that. The narrowbodies have been selling extremely well, but yes some wide bodies would be great.

A little disappointed that the American MD-80s aren’t black nose variants. That was my only reason to get them.
Agreed. My only reason to get them is because of the mold! And one of them does have the old style pointed tail cone, which no one has done yet. So let's at least give them credit for that...

"BUT fundamentally JC is still slow and there is a leadership vacuum. The majority of this month's releases are filler from the warehouse. Some are very very old. The new mould production is slow and the actual JC team don't seem to know what they are doing in terms of what to release or how to release it."

If that's truly the case I consider it a huge loss for JC since recently I've been acquiring quite some JC new mounds mainly 789 and 748, very pleased with them. I do think the recent effort on the government 748 set is quite refreshing tho.

For NG this month I think it's ok, I'm counting 6 pick-ups currently CUA special livery, Uganda 338, both Delta 339, CA 332 Torch cs, and CZ 332 Asian game cs. Still debating about the maddogs, it's outside of my criteria but might just make a special case for that.