NG Models May 2024 Hints

Anyone else unable to view NGs account? I have multiple people who can’t as well. Seems like it got deleted???

Fair enough, I saw that. Very odd still. Weren't they the ones that sold AC the 742 blanks? Can't they see what AC and PH release and how it sells?

That was a personal sale between Johan and Andrew and designed entirely to damage sales at NG, which is a central pillar of JC's 'strategy'. I'm told he laughs at the resulting Aeroclassics models and considers them to be like being in a timewarp.

If that's truly the case I consider it a huge loss for JC since recently I've been acquiring quite some JC new mounds mainly 789 and 748, very pleased with them. I do think the recent effort on the government 748 set is quite refreshing tho.

JC has some great moulds but also quite a few clunkers. I am told replacement moulds are coming but the timescales appear long and like Phoenix JC don't care about releasing models on rubbish moulds they know are not great.

Regardless the majority of the past 3 sets was made years ago so it is hardly fresh!!

In terms of this set if I didn't collect older US or Chinese I'd be unhappy, but as there is there's plenty for me - mainly due to the Chinese stuff. NG seems to be really focusing on those markets but as far as I know there has been the suggestion of some cashflow issues (possibly due to all this new mould production) too, which may be a factor in the composition of these sets.

It really does seem like they don't consider other markets are as lucrative.

So I see a lot of the regular complaining - and yes I agree with a lot of it (re-releases as 'Ultimate Collection', diff reg same aircraft-livery combo, not using their entire mould catalogue, not making EU or more diverse Latin American / Oceania models) but I disagree with some of it (no diversity, making models that don't sell or cater to the market, not making models catering to narrow collecting criteria, )

Yes I agree that I may probably have a broader collecting criteria than most, but with this set I have 7 models I'd want.

- 2 of the AAs
- the CUA special
- the two Chinese A332s
- the Westjet
- the Uganda - which is probably ROTM

That's still a lot from what's deemed as a lackluster set.

Also it looks like short term recouping of their substantial investments into their expansion.
So let's give them some time

Last edited:
That was a personal sale between Johan and Andrew and designed entirely to damage sales at NG, which is a central pillar of JC's 'strategy'. I'm told he laughs at the resulting Aeroclassics models and considers them to be like being in a timewarp.

Then JC could have released the 74s on their own and damage NG sales themselves. Apparently, Mr. JC understands he can produce a better product (747). Apparently, they (model brands) are too busy worrying about each other and the collectors come in second place. I don't care too much though, it's just interesting to watch.

For everyone concerned about the black nose on the MD-80s, it is not that hard to do at home. I have dipped DC-9 noses in a drop of black paint to do the trick. I'd recommend a more refined method if you care about the model you are working with, but it is rather simple.

I honestly don't think the nth AA 772 re-release would make NG as much money as a popular subject they've never done, like a CX brushwing 772. Maybe I'm wrong, but a modicum of variety would be nice.
I believe is only the 3rd polished oneworld 772 made. GJ made one and this is the second ng one. But I agree there are other 772 that would be more popular, CX, SQ, JL, NH, KE, UA battleship would be more popular

No release can get me as disappointed as NG can. They announce 2! N27 after having had one before and still don’t manage a Boeing house color to be among them.

At this point I wonder what will be first - a house color Max10 in 1/400 or the certification of the real airplane.

I don’t see NG using the MD mould once the year of the classics thing is over tbh but any MD-80 that doesn’t look like crap gets my money right now!