NG Models May 2024 Hints

Has NG issued any release pictures like they always do? Many models are showing 'available' - though no photos
Can’t find any. Surprised as they have been shipped to retailers. West Main Toys posted a few pics of the boxes as they just arrived..

Attachments

• IMG_2848.jpeg
    IMG_2848.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2847.jpeg
    IMG_2847.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2849.jpeg
    IMG_2849.jpeg
    487.7 KB · Views: 53
btw following items will be delayed according to NG.

The following seven collectible edition new products will be delayed until early June due to unfinished packaging:

• 39055 Sichuan Airlines A350-900 B-32F8 (Panda Route cs (ULTIMATE COLLECTION))
  • 39061 Air India A350-900 VT-JRA (1st A350 delivered to AI (ULTIMATE COLLECTION))
  • 61080 Air China A330-200 B-6075 (Olympic Games (Torch relay) (ULTIMATE COLLECTION))
  • 61081 China Southern Airlines A330-200 B-6057 (Asian Games (ULTIMATE COLLECTION))
  • 61093 China Southern Airlines A330-200 B-6057 (Asian Games)
  • 68001 Delta Air Lines A330-900 N411DX (Team USA cs #1 (new mold first launch) (ULTIMATE COLLECTION))
  • 58221 China United Airlines 737-800/w B-208U (City of Chengdu (ULTIMATE COLLECTION))
The following new product will be delayed until early July:

• 55125 Air Tahiti Nui 787-9 Dreamliner F-OVAA ("25th anniversary" sticker; named "Bora Bora")

the main reason for this round of delay is due to the ultimate collection packaging material shortage,
which they have cancelled some and use normal packaging instead.
NG statement as following:

"Additionally, due to the long delivery cycle for premium packaging, some of these new products will be released in standard packaging to reduce your waiting time, and the prices will be adjusted accordingly. If your pre-ordered product is affected by this packaging change, you can apply to the seller for a refund of the price difference (we suggest applying after you receive the product). We apologize for this temporary adjustment! Although the packaging is not as luxurious, the products are still excellent. The minimalist packaging remains beautifully designed, and it will not significantly impact your collecting experience. Please rest assured."

Source: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/zgK73iaMPrye9TIFUARDug

Ng has been slacking big time
I guess we'll just give then time -there's definitely some reorganisation / some restructuring happening - keeping in mind all the recent developments - so yeah let's see where this goes. It's a company that's pushed the boundaries - and yeah there will be a time where maybe it seems they're falling behind - but let's see where this goes. All the new moulds point towards a big rebound - so yeah let's see

Ng has been slacking big time
I think if anything the opposite is true. NG has taken on too much at once and is struggling to fulfil everything. No other brand has delivered this many new moulds in this period of time at this quality level, plus put out this number of releases per month, plus had a CRP programme, plus introduced a new packaging style of this complexity.

So I would say they are not slacking but have merely bitten off more than they can chew.

I think if anything the opposite is true. NG has taken on too much at once and is struggling to fulfil everything. No other brand has delivered this many new moulds in this period of time at this quality level, plus put out this number of releases per month, plus had a CRP programme, plus introduced a new packaging style of this complexity.

So I would say they are not slacking but have merely bitten off more than they can chew.
Agreed. I do worry about how the release sets will look once all the classic molds roll out. I think it's also hurt their quality (e.g. the blue being way too dark on their recent Southwest 737s). A few years ago, NG wouldn't have made an error like that.

we are seeing high window lines again on jetBlue smh. ruins everything

glad they fixed it on the 321s tho

Just receiced the AA OW 772 and the Air China 08 torch relay A332 - happy to report that they are nice and are problem free.
20240601_165217.JPG
I was originally informed that my Delta A339 duo (Non Ultimate collection) were available for pickup as well. But when I go to the shop today the shop owners told me that NG recalled all Delta A339 (Item: 68002/68003/68005). The only thing they are told by NG is that there's a serious issue that NG needs to fix.

... NG recalled all Delta A339 (Item: 68002/68003/68005). The only thing they are told by NG is that there's a serious issue that NG needs to fix.
sounds serious, is this the first time NG recalls a product? wonder how bad it is that they need to recall all 3 models.

…NG recalled all Delta A339 (Item: 68002/68003/68005). The only thing they are told by NG is that there's a serious issue that NG needs to fix.
Been quite a while since I’ve heard of a manufacturer recalling models. I saw the photos and nothing looked seriously off that would prompt a recall.

Just receiced the AA OW 772 and the Air China 08 torch relay A332 - happy to report that they are nice and are problem free.
View attachment 30029
I was originally informed that my Delta A339 duo (Non Ultimate collection) were available for pickup as well. But when I go to the shop today the shop owners told me that NG recalled all Delta A339 (Item: 68002/68003/68005). The only thing they are told by NG is that there's a serious issue that NG needs to fix.
Did NG fixed the cockpit windows on the 777? From this angle it looks correct. However, I remember their 777 used to have small crooked cockpit windows which was unrealistic.

That Air China looks great. Might have to pick it up now....