NG March 2024 release - Hints

The LH jumbos do look fantastic

Can't agree on this. I just asked my retailer to cancel my order. Seriousely, I'm puzzled, NG adjusted some details in their artwork (like the LH logo on tail) and now they not only screwed it nonetheless, they even managed to not print the stab leading edges. The wonky titles on YM vs YM come to no surprise as NG often fails in the titles department, but come on, NG?!?

Can't agree on this. I just asked my retailer to cancel my order. Seriousely, I'm puzzled, NG adjusted some details in their artwork (like the LH logo on tail) and now they not only screwed it nonetheless, they even managed to not print the stab leading edges. The wonky titles on YM vs YM come to no surprise as NG often fails in the titles department, but come on, NG?!?
I was so frustrated at the WNs that I didn't even notice lol. NG really needs to do better...

T

The blue still looks a bit dark in those photos.... hopefully it's just the lighting
Here's to hoping. Credit where it's due, the models are still excellent mold-wise and the window line ain't sky-high (one of the reasons why I hesitated with Panda's rendition). Still, shame on NG for their sloppiness.

The LH logo on the tail is the first thing I noticed too. Such a central aspect of the scheme gone awry. Crumbs.

Since I'm not getting this reg (have the GJ one with the 5Starhansa) didn't probe further

It's great they've fixed the cockpit windows -hopefully that shall remain on future releases. The missing silver on the stabs though is surprising. Sigh.

Last edited:
Wow, they look perfect from this side-on angle. I'm very happy with the result!
However, how about the two front windows? They used to extend down too much.

I consider the update to be as good as it gets given how wrong the cockpit section is moulded on NGs -8i.

But after this round of releases my hopes for a good NG 747Classic are almost down to zero.

I consider the update to be as good as it gets given how wrong the cockpit section is moulded on NGs -8i.

But after this round of releases my hopes for a good NG 747Classic are almost down to zero.
Just out of curiosity, do you consider any existing (or historical) 747 mould to be any good?

I'd say all are bad~subpar apart from NG's efforts which, although not perfect, are more than good enough in the grand scheme of things.

It's possible that the Tu-154 regs and the horizontal stabilizer leading edge on the LH 747 are non-deliberate errors due to the production ramp-up right after the Chinese New Year. I think the next 747 (revised D-ABYT) will look a lot better and without errors.

Just out of curiosity, do you consider any existing (or historical) 747 mould to be any good?

Yes, the NG 748 is "good". Everything aft of section 41 (nose) is "great", maybe "awesome", just the nose is "bad". All in all a "good" mould so.
I'd have loved to add both YM and YT, but with NG failing in the artwork department it's a no deal.