NG Models April 2024 Hints

The N37xxx A319 is a little interesting to me. I suspect it's a Northwest in the 2003 livery, which would be a great 'classic' release. Otherwise, I don't have any idea since no N37xxx A319s were painted in the Northwest 'bowling shoe' livery. Hopefully it's not a Delta re-release...

It's nice to see the 753s rolling out. Looks like we're getting a United or Continental 753. Hopefully it's in United's EvoBlue livery. The set of Condors should be fun.

Lots of Chinese models as usual, but that's NG's main market so it's understandable. It'd certainly be nice to get some more European, South American, African, etc. representation though. That'd get NG in the spotlight again.

Based on my initial impressions, this seems to be a middle of the road set. Not outstanding (like we used to see from NG), but not the worst either. Not a ton of excitement though. Out of all the models, the JetBlue new livery A320/A321, United 753, Northwest (?) A319, and F-Oxxx 787-9s (Air Tahiti Nui 25th Anniversary?) are the only ones that really catch my eye. I've been giving my wallet a good rest over the past couple months (like several of you), so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger and get anything from NG at the moment. I've actually taken a pause from collecting over the past couple of months (nothing bad happened, just spending elsewhere), but I'm looking into getting back into it in the near future.

The N37xxx A319 is a little interesting to me. I suspect it's a Northwest in the 2003 livery, which would be a great 'classic' release. Otherwise, I don't have any idea since no N37xxx A319s were painted in the Northwest 'bowling shoe' livery. Hopefully it's not a Delta re-release...

It's nice to see the 753s rolling out. Looks like we're getting a United or Continental 753. Hopefully it's in United's EvoBlue livery. The set of Condors should be fun.

Lots of Chinese models as usual, but that's NG's main market so it's understandable. It'd certainly be nice to get some more European, South American, African, etc. representation though. That'd get NG in the spotlight again.

Based on my initial impressions, this seems to be a middle of the road set. Not outstanding (like we used to see from NG), but not the worst either. Not a ton of excitement though. Out of all the models, the JetBlue new livery A320/A321, United 753, Northwest (?) A319, and F-Oxxx 787-9s (Air Tahiti Nui 25th Anniversary?) are the only ones that really catch my eye. I've been giving my wallet a good rest over the past couple months (like several of you), so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger and get anything from NG at the moment. I've actually taken a pause from collecting over the past couple of months (nothing bad happened, just spending elsewhere), but I'm looking into getting back into it in the near future.

It should be NWA, otherwise it’s N371NB.

The N37xxx A319 is a little interesting to me. I suspect it's a Northwest in the 2003 livery, which would be a great 'classic' release. Otherwise, I don't have any idea since no N37xxx A319s were painted in the Northwest 'bowling shoe' livery.
I wish it was a diff reg since I would be more than happy to pick a Bowling Shoe 319 up. I already have the final livery AC did a couple years back.

Screenshot_2024-04-03-16-14-26-087_com.android.chrome-01.jpeg

Was 24 items earlier today - now only 3 show.

So yeah as expected they're in the April announcement
Curious what the B reg A333s would be
- hopefully long awaited CZ regular scheme in 2 engine options?

They just dropped them, will be picking up the Delta A319, hopefully with revised windows and titles!

I think that N37* A319 will be another Delta current scheme. N37*NB. I really would rather have Northwest, but...

I think we broke another record for the largest release set :ROFLMAO:

Will plan to get the JetBlue A320 spotlight and United 753. I suggest proceeding with caution if you preorder anything in case of unexpected delays; I would not be shocked to hear about that later this month.

A pretty expensive set for me
Not unlike their December release
But great additions to my focus fleets
Will be picking up
- the 4 Condors
- Cubana
- Sichuan A350 & A321
- Both the CZs (long awaited!)
And 2 gorgeous 'just because' ones:
- the Capital & Juneyao A321 specials
So 11 for sure

While unsure about adding a Tahiti 25yrs

Otherwise it's nice to see a new airline (I personally had never heard of them before - but reading about it now - it's a pretty significant new regional airline in the vast Chinese scene.

Not kicked about the 2 Tu 154s being just repeats - but on the plus side, I saves moneyz

Am pretty sure the Ultimate Collection models and the repeats repackaged will lead to a lot of debate and discussion. Am not sure making the Ultimate Collection as a 'luxury' option - and thus removed from whether that particular model is really special or not - is a wise move. In my view it compromises the 'special' nature of the particular models - of course, the counter argument is that it allows the collector more choice and agency to decide whether they wish to spend more or not - but then, shouldn't this option be available on all models? But that would be chaotic for sure. Nonetheless, this is now a grey area.

On a closing note - I guess we can see this set as a continuation of the CNY celebrations - and thus the China focus - and thus these Chinese models being announced way before as 'Future Releases' to build anticipation - and thus also their 'luxury' packaging as Ultimate Collection

Cheers

Last edited:
They just dropped them, will be picking up the Delta A319, hopefully with revised windows and titles!
It looks completely identical to the previous release (49026).

1712165162157.png
The new one.

1712165201700.png

I definitely hope they adjust the titles and enlarge the windows, but it doesn't look like that will happen.

For a while I found myself complaining about the excessive Chinese releases, but the thought occurred to me that

-Gemini Jets rarely releases Asian models, mainly USA, some European
-JC Wings rarely releases any North American models, mainly Asian and European carriers
-Panda Models releases a mix but only 3-4 models at a time
-AV400 seems to release a good mix, but mostly wide bodies and only a small number of models per release

Point is that each manufacturer either seems to cater to one or two regions while neglecting another, or, they cater inclusively but only release a small batch of models at a time. Gemini and JC are practically counterparts as they share identical moulds.

NG Models has been releasing huge batches recently, upwards to 30-50 models at a time. They're doing the job of all the other brands as one single company. Indeed they release what appears to be an excessive number of Chinese models, but they are a Chinese manufucturer afterall, and the market in China is presumably in high demand. We don't complain about the shortcomings of Gemini neglecting Asia or JC neglecting North America. That NG still releases sought after models from both Europe and the USA should be something to be grateful for. Of course, they do have some of the best moulds so it's understandable we want them to release particular models we want. I don't think, however, that their number of Chinese releases is necessarily 'excessive.'

For a while I found myself complaining about the excessive Chinese releases, but the thought occurred to me that

-Gemini Jets rarely releases Asian models, mainly USA, some European
-JC Wings rarely releases any North American models, mainly Asian and European carriers
-Panda Models releases a mix but only 3-4 models at a time
-AV400 seems to release a good mix, but mostly wide bodies and only a small number of models per release

Point is that each manufacturer either seems to cater to one or two regions while neglecting another, or, they cater inclusively but only release a small batch of models at a time. Gemini and JC are practically counterparts as they share identical moulds.

NG Models has been releasing huge batches recently, upwards to 30-50 models at a time. They're doing the job of all the other brands as one single company. Indeed they release what appears to be an excessive number of Chinese models, but they are a Chinese manufucturer afterall, and the market in China is presumably in high demand. We don't complain about the shortcomings of Gemini neglecting Asia or JC neglecting North America. That NG still releases sought after models from both Europe and the USA should be something to be grateful for. Of course, they do have some of the best moulds so it's understandable we want them to release particular models we want. I don't think, however, that their number of Chinese releases is necessarily 'excessive.'
That’s how I’ve begun to put it. It was nice to see some more regions get representation in this release.

IMO they should alternate between doing a release dominated by Chinese carriers and a more contemporary batch with a mix of Chinese releases and have other regions (they could also alternate these regions if they chose). That way it can give collectors a “sine wave” cycle where there’s a good release, and then one where they can pass and save up some money so that when the top peak of the wave comes by, they have the budget to get what they want. I think it’s a fair strategy for NG to take.

I think the problem is that NG keeps releasing:
1) the same livery with a different registration
2) a very minor change of their previous release
3) a special livery

Plus most of their moulds are the best on the market, meaning people wait for them to make it, instead of paying the same price for an inferior mould. For me this is the case with TU-154s, L-1011s, 747SPs and 747 classics.