NG Model 1:400 December 2022 Release "Hints"

Nothing for me this month...
I had high hopes the AF 777 was going to be the 772 pax version at least...
NG's releases are becoming sooooo repetitive... almost same airlines every month... and more Qatar models?! 😩
Don't get me wrong; I like NG, but come on! There's much more out there! 🙄
Yeah they are releasing too many Qatar's but at least they released a AAL in the bare metal livery.

Yeah they are releasing too many Qatar's but at least they released a AAL in the bare metal livery.
Hopefully after the World Cup the Qatar releases will calm down, I imagine that is why NG are making so many. The only other Qatar that I might buy from them would be the retro and 777F. And why did they give us another Star Alliance UA 772? At this point I just want a normal one so bad that I don’t care what livery it is in, even if it is a fantasy Saul Bass. I do like their Scoot and Air New Zealand releases, hopefully they will give us the ANZ A320neo and normal Scoot 787-9 next month.

NG-Qatar is becoming the new GJ-Emirates. Dunno why they're so tentative with Cathay releases as well, CX models always sell well. They haven't released a single widebody in the new livery...
I said the exact same thing earlier. I do think it is because of the World Cup, but soon they will run out of Qatar models to release, it think the only ones remaining are the 788, A35K, Normal A330s and a few 777s. The Cathay/NG situation is ridiculous at the moment, they have never cared about licensing before, so why start now? Oh well, NG make their own decisions, and sadly we cannot control them. I do wish they were active on here, there is so much more growth potential than on DA.C.

I said the exact same thing earlier. I do think it is because of the World Cup, but soon they will run out of Qatar models to release, it think the only ones remaining are the 788, A35K, Normal A330s and a few 777s. The Cathay/NG situation is ridiculous at the moment, they have never cared about licensing before, so why start now? Oh well, NG make their own decisions, and sadly we cannot control them. I do wish they were active on here, there is so much more growth potential than on DA.C.
At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if the first 748 release is the Qatar Amiri.

I think you are overthinking it. NG has obviously seen a massive amount of sales of Qatar models. Their a350s are all sold out and very hard to find and the recent 77W releases are getting increasingly harder to find so they evidently sell very well. What a lot of people seemingly struggle to understand on these forums is NG is a business and in order to keep it going, they have to make models that will sell very well which gives them the space and potential to do models that arent as likely to be popular with the community.

That being said, there are still many models to be made that I think would be guaranteed home runs but NG can only make so much a month. You already have people complaining that they’re releasing far too much which I personally think is a ridiculous argument as NGs quality has remained quite good imo.

I think the key to this hobby is patience and just wait to see what they do next.

I think you are overthinking it. NG has obviously seen a massive amount of sales of Qatar models. Their a350s are all sold out and very hard to find and the recent 77W releases are getting increasingly harder to find so they evidently sell very well. What a lot of people seemingly struggle to understand on these forums is NG is a business and in order to keep it going, they have to make models that will sell very well which gives them the space and potential to do models that arent as likely to be popular with the community.

That being said, there are still many models to be made that I think would be guaranteed home runs but NG can only make so much a month. You already have people complaining that they’re releasing far too much which I personally think is a ridiculous argument as NGs quality has remained quite good imo.

I think the key to this hobby is patience and just wait to see what they do next.
Their A350s are not all sold out. I regularly see NG Qatar A350s at retailers both locally and internationally. Yes, they do sell well, but so will other models with more variety! Releasing 10 Qatars in 7 months is a little much, don't you think? I understand NG is a business, and they do need to make the decisions necessary to keep it running, but making this many of one airline attracts negativity, mostly courtesy of Gemini and Emirates. Ultimately, these are just my opinions, and I do not want to force them upon anybody. And besides, if they were making this many Australian models a month would I be complaining? No. Would everyone else? Yes. That is exactly what is going on here.

Their A350s are not all sold out. I regularly see NG Qatar A350s at retailers both locally and internationally. Yes, they do sell well, but so will other models with more variety! Releasing 10 Qatars in 7 months is a little much, don't you think? I understand NG is a business, and they do need to make the decisions necessary to keep it running, but making this many of one airline attracts negativity, mostly courtesy of Gemini and Emirates. Ultimately, these are just my opinions, and I do not want to force them upon anybody. And besides, if they were making this many Australian models a month would I be complaining? No. Would everyone else? Yes. That is exactly what is going on here.
I get that and if NG are being commissioned by Qatar to make models then that would explain the large volume of releases. Personally, I don’t mind as it’s been awhile since we got the Qatar regular 77W and I wasn’t a huge fan of the JC 77Ws colours. i Hope NG focus on a few other European airlines aswell, they seem to be on Air France atm but would love for them to make Aer Lingus, Lufthansa, Swiss etc

I’m going to guess that maybe NG is tweeling the 772 mould and then release the tulip UA and other grails. I’m waiting for a AA 772.

Picking up the Illinois one.

I get that and if NG are being commissioned by Qatar to make models then that would explain the large volume of releases. Personally, I don’t mind as it’s been awhile since we got the Qatar regular 77W and I wasn’t a huge fan of the JC 77Ws colours. i Hope NG focus on a few other European airlines aswell, they seem to be on Air France atm but would love for them to make Aer Lingus, Lufthansa, Swiss etc
I was glad to see a Qatar 777 in the plain livery too. NG have been pretty good about Lufthansa, but hopefully they will stop making wide bodies and focus more on the sorely-needed narrow bodies.

What really does not make sense to me is the fact that we're seeing a fifth Saudia 789 in the span of just half a year. Besides, if anything it's just the same exact special livery released back in July with a different reg. @Qantas992 has said it well, and I agree and am well aware that I don't represent the entire 1/400 collectorate, but it does seem a bit excessive to my eyes.

The 1/400 market is tough. Especially for a relatively new company like NG. However in my opinion, this sheer amount of special liveries in one release is unique selling point gone a bit too far. As Korean Air is one of my collecting criteria, I'm fairly aware of what has been done before and what needs to be done. The Children's livery definitely does not fit in the latter category, at least to me. The KE 737 family as a whole is quite underrepresented, alongside many other widebodies in the good old plain livery (A330s and B772 to name a few) -- and so it's a bit early for a niche special livery isn't it? I know I'm out there requesting for a Skyteam 738 but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing standard liveries first.

What really does not make sense to me is the fact that we're seeing a fifth Saudia 789 in the span of just half a year. Besides, if anything it's just the same exact special livery released back in July with a different reg. @Qantas992 has said it well, and I agree and am well aware that I don't represent the entire 1/400 collectorate, but it does seem a bit excessive to my eyes.

The 1/400 market is tough. Especially for a relatively new company like NG. However in my opinion, this sheer amount of special liveries in one release is unique selling point gone a bit too far. As Korean Air is one of my collecting criteria, I'm fairly aware of what has been done before and what needs to be done. The Children's livery definitely does not fit in the latter category, at least to me. The KE 737 family as a whole is quite underrepresented, alongside many other widebodies in the good old plain livery (A330s and B772 to name a few) -- and so it's a bit early for a niche special livery isn't it? I know I'm out there requesting for a Skyteam 738 but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing standard liveries first.
Good points, I assume the KE special livery was in part due to high demand from Korean collectors; for whatever reason, they seem to completely eat up the children's drawing liveries. I've personally been on HL7733 way back when it was painted in Skyteam colors, so seeing that get a release would be nice after a standard 772. Same applies for the 748: standard first (ideally 7636 or 7644), special later.

Last edited: