NG Model 1:400 December 2022 Release "Hints"

Ok guys, I don’t understand why people want the NG Cathay L1011. someone please inform me why its so requested?
NG's Tristar moulds are one of the best castings ever in 1:400 scale. That complex dolphin nose and that pretty complicated tail region are perfectly replicated as is frankly the entire aircraft. Besides each type is accurately represented with suitable variations in the mould. And , NG's print quality and attention to detail, and livery reproduction is, broadly, second to none. The Lockness/Aeroclassics mould frankly speaking has a pretty awful nose area - it doesn't look like a Tristar but rather some strange hybrid - and ACs livery reproduction is average - their colours are always darker than the real ones, their moulds don't have aerials, and they don't have all the different aircraft types accurately represented. And their print quality isn't great.
That's regarding the NG Tristar mould - now other than that - Cathay's Tristars are amongst the most iconic ones - thanks to the livery of course which worked so well on the 1011s - and they were a significant Tristar operator.

The selection process in general is really confusing to me. I'm trying to wrap my head around the strategy they use on some models.
As good as NG's molds generally are, I wish they would release standard liveries first. It's great to get special liveries, but we need more representation of standard liveries, which represent the majority of an airline's fleet. We've gotten all kinds of state livery Southwest 737-700s, but we haven't gotten any in the normal Heart livery! Given NG's strategy, I'm not shocked that we got the gold Southwest 737 Max 8 first.

NG has also been heavily focusing on Chinese carriers as well as Qatar and Saudia, so having more geographic variety in terms of releases would be nice as well.

NG has also been heavily focusing on Chinese carriers as well as Qatar and Saudia, so having more geographic variety in terms of releases would be nice as well.
NG is based in China so I don't think Chinese airlines will decrease though it would be nice if they stopped releasing so many Qatars and replaced those with some more retro.

Yes please, they should focus more on Asian (minus mainland China) and Australian airlines.
Yes. I completely agree. the Asian giants, such as Cathay and Singapore, are poorly represented by NG, and don’t even get me started on Australia. For a country that takes up 11% of the world’s airspace, we don’t get very much love… There are countries that get a lot less though, so I will end it at that.

Cathay 747-8Fs in the old, new and HK Trader liveries would be instant-purchases for me.
The JC HK Trader Interactive re-release is still available in some stores as is the previous old livery one - but somehow everytime I see the price and that unsightly rear hump (bump?) I can't get myself to buy it. They released the Cargolux Cutaway one too as an interactive version - but same dilemma.

The JC HK Trader Interactive re-release is still available in some stores as is the previous old livery one - but somehow everytime I see the price and that unsightly rear hump (bump?) I can't get myself to buy it. They released the Cargolux Cutaway one too as an interactive version - but same dilemma.
My local retailer has that in stock, but I never once considered getting one. Interactives are a huge no-no for me due to the ugly seam lines and horror stories of parts constantly falling off. Not to mention I wasn't too impressed with JC's -8i...