NG Model 1:400 December 2022 Release "Hints"

What really does not make sense to me is the fact that we're seeing a fifth Saudia 789 in the span of just half a year. Besides, if anything it's just the same exact special livery released back in July with a different reg. @Qantas992 has said it well, and I agree and am well aware that I don't represent the entire 1/400 collectorate, but it does seem a bit excessive to my eyes.

The 1/400 market is tough. Especially for a relatively new company like NG. However in my opinion, this sheer amount of special liveries in one release is unique selling point gone a bit too far. As Korean Air is one of my collecting criteria, I'm fairly aware of what has been done before and what needs to be done. The Children's livery definitely does not fit in the latter category, at least to me. The KE 737 family as a whole is quite underrepresented, alongside many other widebodies in the good old plain livery (A330s and B772 to name a few) -- and so it's a bit early for a niche special livery isn't it? I know I'm out there requesting for a Skyteam 738 but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing standard liveries first.
Agreed. I'm sure somebody has emailed them about this matter. I hope they're able to adjust at some point and bring us the outstanding products they do without QC issues in the near future.

The selection process in general is really confusing to me. I'm trying to wrap my head around the strategy they use on some models.

It really doesn't. For example; NG rereleases the Xiamen Airlines 787-9 while the original release is still in stock in a lot of places. There are also a lot of underrepresented countries, particularly in Africa, East Asia, Australia, South America, etc, etc. This is not the way I would run NG if I were them, but we are not NG, and therefore we have to let them make their own decisions, regardless of whether or not we agree with them.

It really doesn't. For example; NG rereleases the Xiamen Airlines 787-9 while the original release is still in stock in a lot of places. There are also a lot of underrepresented countries, particularly in Africa, East Asia, Australia, South America, etc, etc. This is not the way I would run NG if I were them, but we are not NG, and therefore we have to let them make their own decisions, regardless of whether or not we agree with them.
Yep, I wouldn't run it that way either, but unfortunately they didn't ask us how it should be done. LOL

Yep, I wouldn't run it that way either, but unfortunately they didn't ask us how it should be done. LOL
Yep. If I had the amount of money required to make new moulds and start a company I would try and be the way NG was in the beginning, very community-minded. I do wonder how much influence retailers have on what NG makes, @Midwest and @danwashere could you fill us in? I know Panda and JC have made many retailer-exclusive/commissioned models before, but I haven't heard of one from NG.

Yep. If I had the amount of money required to make new moulds and start a company I would try and be the way NG was in the beginning, very community-minded. I do wonder how much influence retailers have on what NG makes, @Midwest and @danwashere could you fill us in? I know Panda and JC have made many retailer-exclusive/commissioned models before, but I haven't heard of one from NG.
Never with NG " other retailers will get angry" quote from them

I think NG's open communication is somewhat of a double-edged sword: it's easy to recommend regs you want, but that may inundate NG's inboxes and create skewed perceptions of what many collectors want. Liveries aside, releasing the 747s should be their highest priority now. Kinda weird that there's been no news of them, considering the -8 was leaked almost a year ago and the classics have been teased for ages.

Wow! I never even knew we got hints from NG, I guess you learn something new everyday! The ANZ, Scoot and maybe a Qatar 777 for me, very excited for what we see from them next time!

NG have just posted the packaging plans for the December releases on IG, and among them they showed this:

52A4B393-A796-4DD9-A12A-6207BEE7F3D9.jpeg

This does not show 9V-OJE, in the Jubilee livery. It shows 9V-OJI, in the regular livery, which has not yet been announced nor released. I reckon this will be in the January releases. Exciting!

Ok guys, I don’t understand why people want the NG Cathay L1011. someone please inform me why its so requested?
1. Cathay's L1011 looks super duper cool
2. It's iconic
3. Cathay is popular among collectors
4. NG has the best Tristar mould by a country mile
5. The Aeroclassics one was heavily criticized, so folks are thirsty for something better