NG Model - 1:400 February 2023 Release "Hints"

I like these larger release sets. As long as QC doesn’t take a hit, it’s fine by me. I agree that they could reels back the specials, but 25+ releases a month is great for variety. There are enough modern US models to please the masses, and the extra release size allows for models that would not have otherwise been made. (e.g. Bonza MAX 8s, Cebu Pacific 757, Aegean A321neo, Air Greenland A330-200, just to name a few from the recent release.)
I definitely agree there. As long as NG can manage it and QC isn't effected I'm all for the big releases.

I would think having spoken to NG previously they have a huge list of requests from various different collectors that by now is probably in the 1000s of models and this is there way of getting through them all.

I can't speak for other places around the world bit in the UK at least, I never have a problem with QC. It's very rare that I'll get a model with loose bits or damaged paint. Perhaps it's because the sellers check the model before sending back to avoid returns.

I definitely agree there. As long as NG can manage it and QC isn't effected I'm all for the big releases.

I would think having spoken to NG previously they have a huge list of requests from various different collectors that by now is probably in the 1000s of models and this is there way of getting through them all.

I can't speak for other places around the world bit in the UK at least, I never have a problem with QC. It's very rare that I'll get a model with loose bits or damaged paint. Perhaps it's because the sellers check the model before sending back to avoid returns.
Yep, I think NG's QC woes are way overblown; every brand pumped out some stinkers during Covid. Out of the 20 or so NGs I have only 3 came with QC issues, one of which was easily fixable. That pales in comparison to most other brands, not to mention the horror show in 1:200.

I'd like to think the delay's because they're gearing up for a 747 mould launch. Of course, one's lofty hopes are often different from reality...
I wonder when the next hints would come out, since they weren't there last week.

I would be alright with these large releases too. When they started I had noted some drops in their QC performance which is why I didn’t like them at first, but as of now it seems like they have stabilized and are running this ship smoothly across the Pacific.

I would be alright with these large releases too. When they started I had noted some drops in their QC performance which is why I didn’t like them at first, but as of now it seems like they have stabilized and are running this ship smoothly across the Pacific.
Large releases with good QC is a win/win situation. Hopefully this ends up being sustainable. Given the lack of February release photos, I think it might be another week or two before we see any hints for March, but regardless I'm really looking forward to next month's release set.

I still think NG needs to downsize on these releases. Sure there’s some great special liveries in these releases, but perhaps focus on some of the ones that collectors have been most requesting (Avelo 738, Southwest 737 Heart, United 320 Evo Blue, etc.) before doing these specials that don’t fly anymore.
NG definitely needs to improve their variety, both in terms of liveries and geographical representation. Sure, special liveries are nice but we need more standard liveries/some retros rather than one-off special liveries that may not even be flying anymore (e.g. the Southwest "Coco" 737-700). It genuinely feels like special liveries or variants consist of over 50% of the average release set. There's many other domestic releases that would be slam dunks, such as
  • Alaska 737-9
  • Allegiant A319/A320
  • American A319/A320/A321neo/737-8/777
  • Delta A319/A320/757-200 Gen 2 configuration
  • Frontier A320neo (hopefully more than one tail)
  • Hawaiian A321neo
  • JetBlue A320 (could do a set of two different tails)
  • Spirit A320neo/A321
  • Southwest 737-8 (normal Heart livery)
  • United A319/737 Max 8 & 9/777-200 (Evo Blue livery)

NG definitely needs to improve their variety, both in terms of liveries and geographical representation. Sure, special liveries are nice but we need more standard liveries/some retros rather than one-off special liveries that may not even be flying anymore (e.g. the Southwest "Coco" 737-700). It genuinely feels like special liveries or variants consist of over 50% of the average release set. There's many other domestic releases that would be slam dunks, such as
  • Alaska 737-9
  • Allegiant A319/A320
  • Hawaiian A321neo
  • Spirit A320neo/A321
I second that, definitely need a few more TUIs, Ryanairs and Easyjets 😀

It's odd because even with all these special liveries it somehow feels more repetitive than before, when they used to release more plain liveries.

It's odd because even with all these special liveries it somehow feels more repetitive than before, when they used to release more plain liveries.
Probably because most special liveries are just minor tweaks of the original. Or since most of the special livery airline/type combos have been done to death before (Southwest, Qatar etc.).

• Alaska 737-9
  • Allegiant A319/A320
  • Hawaiian A321neo
  • Spirit A320neo/A321
No clue why NG is reluctant to do these popular US Airbus narrowbody aircraft. Perhaps they are doing all the A321s first then all the A319s and A320s? I don't really understand their logic here, questionable at best.

No clue why NG is reluctant to do these popular US Airbus narrowbody aircraft. Perhaps they are doing all the A321s first then all the A319s and A320s? I don't really understand their logic here, questionable at best.
I'm confused as well. Their selection process is quite bizarre, and we haven't gotten a single A319 or A320 produced for a US carrier despite these molds being introduced last summer. I'm not sure if they're trying to get through all the A321s first but the A321 has definitely been a big focus for them. I wonder if their ability to manufacture these two molds has been limited somehow? But I'm not sure.