NG Model - 1:400 February 2023 Release "Hints"

I know a JetBlue A320 would be more popular but....I really wish that N82XXX would turn out to be Avianca N821AV wearing the LACSA colors. That would be epic!

I'm very interested in these:
A320 N82XXX - Avianca LACSA tail colors (or JetBlue).
A321 C-GXXX - Air Transat A321neo.
A330 CS-TXX - TAP

View attachment 11496
Yessss!!! So excited to get that Avianca A320 in the LACSA heritage colors!!! Thank you NG!

I'm preordering these three:
15026 Avianca A320-200 N821AV (LACSA Heritage cs)
13069 Air Transat A321neo C-GOIO
13061 JetBlue Airways A321neo N2142J (Ribbons tail; named "A Mint Summer Night's Dream")

10 fit my criteria. But well 🙈😔. I need to do something about my criteria lol. I'll need to figure out which ones to pre-order. Counts to 7. But needs to be lessened. Been just too expensive for me recently.
CX Tristar
CZ 73G
Air Greenland A330
ANZ All-Blacks A321
AI A319
Avianca A320 Lacsa
Rossiya 154

Can't think of any to avoid from the above. All fit my criteria 😕

Have to let go of these for now
Cebu 757 😓
Corsair 747sp 😓
ANA 777

Yes! That is a great resource - love all that retro CX memorabilia! But you’re right; what the hell is going on with the timeline between Palmdale roll-out and delivery with the “Super TriStar” titles!? This makes no sense at all. Why move the reg. to the tail, apply those titles to the #2 for July/August then revert to #MSN ex-Palmdale state again pre-delivery, then change back again into service??

The logical explanation would be, the dates are wrong, but somehow I don’t think so by what the photos are showing (test flight etc.) A total mystery and a frustrating puzzle. Too bad “Chic” is no longer around to help solve it.

Definitely agreed though on what the model should look like if it’s truly a “1975 delivery c/s”

Found a video of the delivery ceremony on the other side of the Pacific. So there's not a doubt it did not have the "SuperTristar" titles at that point.
The only logical conclusion would be wrong dates including Laurie King's and that the aircraft returned to California very soon after delivery (there were two weeks between delivery and the first revenue flight), received "SuperTriStar" titles and had its photoflight therafter.

Jesus NG, give my wallet a break will you! Bonzas, Air NZ and Cathay for me. Every single one of these look stunning, I am excited!
Poor wallet. For 1:400 luckily its just the L-1011. But 1:200 on the other hand isn't so wallet friendly. I really want the AG600M, C919 and the Dassault Falcon but I may just get the Chinese aircraft as I highly doubt they will sell well in the US.

Thrilled that we have VR-HHK coming. Checked on NG's site but no artwork pics yet for this one, others in the list are up however. Very curious to see what we get; and which engine configuration - it should also have the long exhausts if it's truly 1975 delivery spec., plus ''Lockheed L1011'' in black on the rear of the fuselage, on both sides (illustrated in b&w pics attached). The earliest year I can find in dated photos with the black radome installed is 1977, which also coincides with modified engine exhausts and the ''Lockheed L1011'' removed.
I honestly hope they don’t include the black radome as that was not included in the delivery colors from the photos I’ve observed, I’m happy to be corrected. As for the long exhaust I honestly feel that is more of a wish as NG may nor other manufacturers have been willing to make small modifications for one or a few models. It would be nice but I wouldn’t put all my marbles into it.

Found a video of the delivery ceremony on the other side of the Pacific. So there's not a doubt it did not have the "SuperTristar" titles at that point.
The only logical conclusion would be wrong dates including Laurie King's and that the aircraft returned to California very soon after delivery (there were two weeks between delivery and the first revenue flight), received "SuperTriStar" titles and had its photoflight therafter.
Good old British Pathe archive footage comes to the rescue! Great find 👍 Well that settles that, the dates were indeed wrong after all.

I honestly hope they don’t include the black radome as that was not included in the delivery colors from the photos I’ve observed, I’m happy to be corrected. As for the long exhaust I honestly feel that is more of a wish as NG may nor other manufacturers have been willing to make small modifications for one or a few models. It would be nice but I wouldn’t put all my marbles into it.
NG already have the correct mould parts for the long exhausts and as I’ve mentioned here, these have been used already on a few releases. They have also got a mould part for hot section reversers and again, a couple of releases with these have also been produced. So, a correct delivery CX is possible as they have covered all the bases.

The black radome came later when it was replaced. The earliest year I can confirm for this from the photos I’ve found is 1977; I believe this coincided with exhaust modifications on the engines and the removal of “Lockheed L-1011” on the rear fuselage - a delivery example would need to have that detail included as well in order to be accurate 😉👍

NG already have the correct mould parts for the long exhausts and as I’ve mentioned here, these have been used already on a few releases. They have also got a mould part for hot section reversers and again, a couple of releases with these have also been produced. So, a correct delivery CX is possible as they have covered all the bases.

The black radome came later when it was replaced. The earliest year I can confirm for this from the photos I’ve found is 1977; I believe this coincided with exhaust modifications on the engines and the removal of “Lockheed L-1011” on the rear fuselage - a delivery example would need to have that detail included as well in order to be accurate 😉👍
That’s great news, I just personally hope they don’t do the black nose as per the info agreed upon here as it came way later after delivery. I’m almost certain they will do it with the dome eventually, unless it was the only wear it.

Even though it doesn't fit my criteria, this is going to be a great one.

Right there with you Mr. Purple, I know that Cathay L1011 is going to be a hot seller, but it doesn't fit my criteria... Same thing with the Air Hawaii DC-10-10 that Aeroclassics released in January, it is getting tons of attention, but it was nowhere near my criteria for models. I will admit that it took some serious self-control not to buy it, but I think I'm safe now :)

As far as these NG releases I am LUVing the Southwest releases... I'll likely be placing my pre-order shortly with the Texan Airplane Store, just yesterday my NG Canyon Blue 737-700 arrived from them, and I ran into Nick (the owner) today at the Hangar Sale at the 1940 Terminal Museum at Hobby Airport, we had a great time.

That’s great news, I just personally hope they don’t do the black nose as per the info agreed upon here as it came way later after delivery. I’m almost certain they will do it with the dome eventually, unless it was the only wear it.
Let’s see what happens! I don’t mind having either as both are from the 1970s, but each have their own differences which set them apart, so it really would be great if both were covered. This would also be the first time this has been done in 1:400, plus no example has ever been made with all the early features which makes the original 1975 delivery version special. NG should make full use of the ability they have to do this, with all the mould parts they have for the variety of engine configurations. No other manufacturer has ever made that effort for the L-1011! Whatever happens, I just hope they get the combination of all these details correct! 👍

Let’s see what happens! I don’t mind having either as both are from the 1970s, but each have their own differences which set them apart, so it really would be great if both were covered. This would also be the first time this has been done in 1:400, plus no example has ever been made with all the early features which makes the original 1975 delivery version special. NG should make full use of the ability they have to do this, with all the mould parts they have for the variety of engine configurations. No other manufacturer has ever made that effort for the L-1011! Whatever happens, I just hope they get the combination of all these details correct! 👍
Same here, I wouldn't mind either as long as it's not a hodge-podge of the 1975 and '77 schemes; I'm sure NG's done their research. Or at least I hope so, I dropped 116 bucks on two the moment they came up for pre-order lol.

Same here, I wouldn't mind either as long as it's not a hodge-podge of the 1975 and '77 schemes; I'm sure NG's done their research. Or at least I hope so, I dropped 116 bucks on two the moment they came up for pre-order lol.
Got mine pre-ordered too, although 1 was enough for me 😂 Exactly - I don’t mind which, as long as they’ve got either of them right and it’s not a combo of both! They better get this right 😅 $116 is a lot to drop sight unseen, so let’s keep the faith 🙏

Got mine pre-ordered too, although 1 was enough for me 😂 Exactly - I don’t mind which, as long as they’ve got either of them right and it’s not a combo of both! They better get this right 😅 $116 is a lot to drop sight unseen, so let’s keep the faith 🙏
Haha yes, gotta get them while they're available! I did get two just in case one has a QC error, which isn't out of the question considering the factory shutdown and the sheer number of releases. Here's to NG nailing this batch.

Just wished to reiterate what I posted on the other thread - that this conversation on the CX Tristars has been fantastic. So much learning and discovery and sharing and co-discovery. Appreciate all of you for doing so! The Tristar's one of my all time favorites, and especially in the CX livery! Hopefully NG will be able to deliver all the variants /sub variants accurately and to the satisfaction of our collective scrutiny. We all hold them perhaps at a higher standard than most other brands - either fairly or unfairly - but we know that no matter what it'll be a stunning one. Assuming that the time being taken is also because of research on their part - I'm presuming some of you have also on your own accord gotten in touch with them with these specific details. Hopefully it'll all bear fruit!

Haha yes, gotta get them while they're available! I did get two just in case one has a QC error, which isn't out of the question considering the factory shutdown and the sheer number of releases. Here's to NG nailing this batch.
Yeah I've done that a few times with a few key 'grails, but it doubles the cost of collecting these things! I really hope they get this one right and the QC doesn't let us down either 😧