NG September 2024 Hints(Finally)

Couldn't spare that slot for a real SQ 773, eh?

Nah, what's SQ? New airline? Haven't heard of them!

Lot of repeats. I just don’t understand that Malaysia 777 fantasy release.
what a waste of a release :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Couldn't agree more. Not a fan of fantasy releases on a good day, and when the rest of the release is as lacklustre as this, it really doesn't make sense why the slot couldn't have been taken up with something else.

4 United 7M8s, exactly what we needed with previous months that were unironically filled with even more repeats.

Getting the regular one and the AA. Case closed. Good luck selling the rest I suppose.

Just when I thought about ordering the Malaysian 777-200, they release a -300 fantasy model! It doesn't make any sense to do this since the -200 version is by itself iconic, why make it more "iconic"?

Also, why release all 3 LH 747's in new colors without at least one in previous colors or re-releasing previous models which had defects and pay dues to collectors who received them?

I'm never going to see a proper Desert Gold Southwest (no winglets and an airline they are obsessed with) or a Bowling Shoe 757-300 in my lifetime am I? God forbid the PSA L-1011 as well....

I dmed NG on instagram years ago about re-releasing the tin box UA 757 and they said they would, but it appears as if Gemini will get my business there instead.

After reassessing I do have more compelling thoughts.

While the hints didn’t look exciting upon initial glance, and same for the actual releases themselves, after a reassessment it seems like a step in the right direction for NG. The American and United MAXes, alongside Triple Crown One, are in pretty high demand for the American market. Yes the former two have been made before, and I also understand most of those who have replied to this thread probably don’t care for the American market, but I guarantee there’s a group of collectors out there who want them but they lack it because the previous releases have become hard to find. This release still isn’t “good” in my eyes, as there’s still repetition when we don’t need it (another Panda Route A350?), and arguably unnecessary fantasies, however I now view this release as a sign of progression for NG. We’ll need at least three to four more releases with something good to talk about, regardless if it’s American, European, or wherever else, at least before I can say that NG returned to form. I hope for the other folks here you’ll get what you want with NG soon.

While the hints didn’t look exciting upon initial glance, and same for the actual releases themselves, after a reassessment it seems like a step in the right direction for NG. The American and United MAXes, alongside Triple Crown One, are in pretty high demand for the American market. Yes the former two have been made before, and I also understand most of those who have replied to this thread probably don’t care for the American market, but I guarantee there’s a group of collectors out there who want them but they lack it because the previous releases have become hard to find. This release still isn’t “good” in my eyes, as there’s still repetition when we don’t need it (another Panda Route A350?), and arguably unnecessary fantasies, however I now view this release as a sign of progression for NG. We’ll need at least three to four more releases with something good to talk about, regardless if it’s American, European, or wherever else, at least before I can say that NG returned to form. I hope for the other folks here you’ll get what you want with NG soon.
That Panda Route A350 (not made by them before and with only one good version of it (by AV400) in existence and hard to find) is probably the best model in the set!

However I don't think this set is in anyway a return to form. It's not even a return to 2023 form.

However I don't think this set is in anyway a return to form. It's not even a return to 2023 form.
Right, which is why I said it’s a step in the right direction and not a true return to form yet. I’m waiting on the rest of this year’s releases before making a concluding statement on their status entering 2025.

58238 Southwest Airlines 737-800/w N8681M(new Triple Crown One c/s; with scimitar winglets)(2024.09) QTR022 Qatar Airways 777-300ER A7-BAC(25th anniversary retro)(2024.09)
73057 Air Canada 777-300ER C-FITW(Go Canada Go(2024 colours))(2024.09
The Qatar 777-300 In the 25th anniversary retro livery is a rerelease with Ng lite a regular liveried 777-300 would have been better to be honest 🙃

I’m happy about the Southwest 737-800 Triple crown One should hopefully be a good release

And the Air Canada 777-300 oh man I was looking at the exact same aircraft on flightradar24 this morning and thinking Ng will probably make
This aircraft because they LOVE special livery’s and boy i was right really wanted a normal livery triple 777 or maybe even the toothpaste livery 😔😢 oh well

Last edited:
58238 Southwest Airlines 737-800/w N8681M(new Triple Crown One c/s; with scimitar winglets)(2024.09)
88037 United Airlines 737 MAX 8 N37318(Blue Evolution c/s)(2024.09)
88039 United Airlines 737 MAX 8 N77259(Connecting the world. Ensuring a better future. sticker)(2024.09)
88040 United Airlines 737 MAX 8 N27261(United Together)(2024.09)
88041 United Airlines 737 MAX 8 N27255(Aviate sticker)(2024.09)
78028 Lufthansa 747-8 D-ABYC(n/c)(2024.09)
Fixing to be an expensive month for me.

'another Sichuan Panda' is factually incorrect and to enlighten you - there's at least 6 different 'Panda Route' schemes flying right now, excluding the 2 FISU ones (which aren't 'Panda Route' schemes - though they may feature Pandas because you know, Sichuan, is the home of the Pandas) - B-306N was the second Panda Route scheme delivered IIRC - and it's the first time NG is releasing this - FYI. I have a terrible old JC A350 version I bought at a discount and thus don't regret too much about, because I missed the lovely Av400 one which was produced in limited numbers afaik - and effectively this is one release 3U collectors have been waiting for.
Unlike of course these ridiculous repeat US releases, which curiously you don't seem to mind because, of course, the repeat US choices are right and the unique CN ones wrong - don't blame you with all the anti-CN rhetoric in Uncle Sam's broken home that's difficult to shake off.

The tone here you may find problematic, but it's reciprocal, so yeah, no offence meant to your person. Cheers and Hugs.

For me B-306N and City of Wenzhou are the star releases this month - both anticipated and welcome once I acknowledged a few months ago, that us English-speaking collectors completely misunderstood what Classics meant over in the Chinese chat platform . Not NG's fault per se, but rather the problem with our deeply rooted orientalist thinking where we fail to translate the nuances of the origin language, but rather choose to see them through our own convenient lens, and yes will get the long awaited LA28 that NG should have announced first amongst the rest. D-ABYA with the Team D sticker is effectively a Fantasy release, somehow yeah that makes 3 for me this month. Unless they correct the D-ABYA artwork......

Last edited:

As a fellow American collector I have to disagree. These are all repeats of models made by other brands, namely Gemini. Sure, NG wins the trophy for better mould, but in terms of originality, this release set hits rock bottom. Imo the NG Lite doesn't help with their image either. Makes the brand look cheap