NG September 2024 Hints(Finally)

About time

Boeing 737
  • N86xxx - Southwest 737-800, Nevada One
Boeing 737 MAX
  • C-Fxxx - WestJet Max 8, Old livery
    • Could be an Air Canada or a new livery WestJet which would be excellent, but I'm expecting NG to act like NG here and give us the old livery
  • N33xxx - American Max 8
    • Hope it's N339SU since I've flown on that one
  • N37xxx - United Max 9, EvoBlue livery
    • Could be a standard United Max 8 (I flew on N37325 - hope it's that one), but leaning towards a Max 9 since they already did one in the revised Globe livery
  • N77xxx - United Max 8, "Connecting the world. Ensuring a better future" sticker
    • A special edition that no longer flies; right up NG's alley
    • Could also be N77559; a United Max 9 with a grey left side winglet
  • N27xxx - United Max 8, "Aviate" sticker
    • NG loves stickers, don't they?
    • Could also be a Boeing House livery 737 Max 10
  • N27xxx - United Max 8, "United Together" livery
    • COULD be a regular UA Max 8 or Max 9 but I'm honestly expecting another special livery because NG just can't get enough of them
    • Might also be N27269, which has a mismatched right side scimitar winglet (it's grey instead of blue)
  • N87xxx - Boeing House livery Max 8, Version 1 (N8701Q)
    • Could also be another Southwest Max 8 in the normal livery, which is repetitive, but if has the correct shade of blue, all is forgiven
  • N87xxx - Boeing House livery Max 8, Version 2 (N8702L)
It's so disappointing to not see any 767s or MD-80s. These are brand new molds; USE THEM!
This is another reason NG is struggling. Wasting loads of money on materials, manufacturing, and printing for essential 5 variations of the same aircraft that only a small number of collectors may care about. Idgaf about retired stickers. If the theme is more of the same, at least do more Frontier. If they're going to redo a butchered attempt at an aircraft, redo the SWA 737-700 with correct colors. Why even bother with mismatched winglets? On top of that, let's delay some of the releases two cycles just to make the wait even more painful.

About time

Boeing 737
  • N86xxx - Southwest 737-800, Nevada One
Boeing 737 MAX
  • C-Fxxx - WestJet Max 8, Old livery
    • Could be an Air Canada or a new livery WestJet which would be excellent, but I'm expecting NG to act like NG here and give us the old livery
  • N33xxx - American Max 8
    • Hope it's N339SU since I've flown on that one
  • N37xxx - United Max 9, EvoBlue livery
    • Could be a standard United Max 8 (I flew on N37325 - hope it's that one), but leaning towards a Max 9 since they already did one in the revised Globe livery
  • N77xxx - United Max 8, "Connecting the world. Ensuring a better future" sticker
    • A special edition that no longer flies; right up NG's alley
    • Could also be N77559; a United Max 9 with a grey left side winglet
  • N27xxx - United Max 8, "Aviate" sticker
    • NG loves stickers, don't they?
    • Could also be a Boeing House livery 737 Max 10
  • N27xxx - United Max 8, "United Together" livery
    • COULD be a regular UA Max 8 or Max 9 but I'm honestly expecting another special livery because NG just can't get enough of them
    • Might also be N27269, which has a mismatched right side scimitar winglet (it's grey instead of blue)
  • N87xxx - Boeing House livery Max 8, Version 1 (N8701Q)
    • Could also be another Southwest Max 8 in the normal livery, which is repetitive, but if has the correct shade of blue, all is forgiven
  • N87xxx - Boeing House livery Max 8, Version 2 (N8702L)
It's so disappointing to not see any 767s or MD-80s. These are brand new molds; USE THEM!
I would guess all the N maxes will be the same variant, whether it be a max 8 or 9. NG has shown with the last United 737 releases they’re cutting costs by making the same plane essentially and just altering the print with some stickers or minor variations.

This is another reason NG is struggling. Wasting loads of money on materials, manufacturing, and printing for essential 5 variations of the same aircraft that only a small number of collectors may care about. Idgaf about retired stickers. If the theme is more of the same, at least do more Frontier. If they're going to redo a butchered attempt at an aircraft, redo the SWA 737-700 with correct colors. Why even bother with mismatched winglets? On top of that, let's delay some of the releases two cycles just to make the wait even more painful.
Indeed, they are being rather wasteful. One of the rare instances where I'd be happy to see repetition is with Frontier Airlines. There's countless tail variations out there, and Frontier is an airline that I don't think gets enough love in 1:400 scale. NG could make plenty of their A320neos, A321s, and A321neos. In that case, I'd like them to spread out the batches a bit (maybe in sets of 3 or 4 over a couple months/years).

I wouldn't mind them redoing the SWA 737s in the correct shade of blue, but they shouldn't have made them with the incorrect shade in the first place. That situation was another sign of NG's slippage. I don't think that would've happened back a few years ago. They didn't even catch the mistake the first time and used the dark shade of blue on several releases. That was such a huge shame, especially since standard Southwest aircraft are very popular in the U.S.

If they would like to rerelease certain models, why don't they go back to models that they released back in 2018-2020? There's plenty to choose from.

Out of curiosity, I recently looked through photos of United's 737 Max 8 fleet and came up with a staggering 11 uninteresting variations that NG could do if they really wanted to (across stickers, mismatched scimitars, etc.).

I would guess all the N maxes will be the same variant, whether it be a max 8 or 9. NG has shown with the last United 737 releases they’re cutting costs by making the same plane essentially and just altering the print with some stickers or minor variations.
The near identical releases are absolutely a sign of cost-cutting, and I think we'll see more evidence of that in this set. NG has been consistently shooting themselves in the foot, and it's gotten bad enough to where I question if NG Models will still be around in a few years. It's a real shame because they have some of the best molds in 1:400 scale. They don't entirely have to abandon their love of B- and N registrations, but if their release sets had a good variety of molds and airlines, they would be much better off and they'd be at the top of the 1:400 market.

So the "changing strategy from August" thing was confined to the month of August. And even MORE Lufty 748s instead of the obvious choice they haven't done! Those pepsis are never coming.

At this point, I'm hoping NG goes under and someone else picks up the moulds.
They seem allergic to obvious aircraft/livery combinations that would be immensely popular (e.g. standard livery Korean Air widebodies - the 787-10 they did ended up selling very quickly). That certainly hurts their ability to make a high profit.

At this point, I'm hoping NG goes under and someone else picks up the moulds.

Let's not be hasty💀. Give it some time, you'll get your Korean Air models eventually, it's one of the most obvious choices for a 747-8i but you can't expect them to throw one out immediately. If anything it saves you money for down the line.

And I rather NG didn't go under anytime soon, there's a lot of potential that they've been sitting on unfortunately. It is frustrating, absolutely but I don't think it's worth hoping they go under and someone else gets the moulds. I don't want to see a situation where NG Moulds get bought and never see the light of day again because the other guys got their own moulds of the aircraft NG have.

One of the rare instances where I'd be happy to see repetition is with Frontier Airlines. There's countless tail variations out there, and Frontier is an airline that I don't think gets enough love in 1:400 scale.
Not just the case with Frontier! There are tons of others that come to mind: Norwegian (737's & 787's), Jetblue, British World Tails, Air India Express and many many more...

There are literally hundreds of options and variations to choose from.

Let's not be hasty💀. Give it some time, you'll get your Korean Air models eventually, it's one of the most obvious choices for a 747-8i but you can't expect them to throw one out immediately. If anything it saves you money for down the line.

And I rather NG didn't go under anytime soon, there's a lot of potential that they've been sitting on unfortunately. It is frustrating, absolutely but I don't think it's worth hoping they go under and someone else gets the moulds. I don't want to see a situation where NG Moulds get bought and never see the light of day again because the other guys got their own moulds of the aircraft NG have.
One thing is for certain, I'll not be pre-ordering NG anymore. Not worth holding up my other models for months at a time.

Is it truly cost cutting? There's the cost of labor and materials to churn out all those repetitive models. Then there are other retailers who aren't even stocking their inventory with this repetitive crap that won't sell. Not to mention half of these releases have already been made by other brands, so the demand for them is even smaller.

Instead, they could focus on a few extremely sought after models with each release that people would pick up in a heartbeat and desire years down the road. Focusing on smaller releases would also improve their QC and release times.

Instead, they could focus on a few extremely sought after models with each release that people would pick up in a heartbeat and desire years down the road. Focusing on smaller releases would also improve their QC and release times.
Totally agree. And as I have already mentioned in another thread: They shouldn't be releasing all the variants of a new airline at once! It would be better for them to release a sought after model in a smaller batch and then release it again a few months or a year later. What they did till now is just dump 2-3 liveries of one airline only to never release it again. This needs to change!

Totally agree. And as I have already mentioned in another thread: They shouldn't be releasing all the variants of a new airline at once! It would be better for them to release a sought after model in a smaller batch and then release it again a few months or a year later. What they did till now is just dump 2-3 liveries of one airline only to never release it again. This needs to change!
The funniest thing is that some of these sticker models are now retired. I might be crass, but who would want to drop $50 on that?

you can't expect them to throw one out immediately.
Eh, I'd agree if they'd skipped 748s this month. Maybe they're taking a break, and it'll come eventually! The fact that NG's announced more, but circled back to Lufty rather than doing the only operator they haven't touched, tells me they've got zero intention of releasing KAL.

They'll probably drop a Qatar Amiri before ditching the -8i for good 🤣🥲

Last edited:

That's totally accurate unfortunately. The great quality and variety of old NG releases left us all very hyped. Sadly NG have become very mediocre now and we're still emotionally attached to the old NG ☹️ :LOL:

But NG have their share of the guilt. They keep feeding our emotions with cool new mould and things like "Year of the Classics"!