NG September 2024 Hints(Finally)

I've lost most of my hope for NG using their available moulds for something classic (1980's MD-80s/767s/154s or at least early A320s)
So if they need to make something colourful/special, why not at least something "classic" from good old Europe, like DB Air 1/2 or Haribo 738s or a Trigema MD-83?
I guess all of these only when the last modern special sticker has been rereleased for the 3rd time.

Let’s be optimistic this time and get surprised by a boring set and wait for next month once again
It'll be 2050 by the time they release a 1:400 Northwest A320 or US Airways 757 in white to complement the dark navy version released years ago, and models by then will cost $100 a piece for 1:400. Maybe in 2035 we'll see a Korean A330 with a sticker livery.

I've lost most of my hope for NG using their available moulds for something classic (1980's MD-80s/767s/154s or at least early A320s)
So if they need to make something colourful/special, why not at least something "classic" from good old Europe, like DB Air 1/2 or Haribo 738s or a Trigema MD-83?
I guess all of these only when the last modern special sticker has been rereleased for the 3rd time.
Or Danish Air Transport MD87, Alitalia McDonalds, Inex-Adria or one of those SAS special liveries.

or US Airways 757 in white to complement the dark navy version
Imagine the US Airways 767-200. Oh my, that would be a gem alright! 🤤🤤

Last edited:
I remember a lot of people having hopes in 2023, that they would release a lot of nice models this year, but it just seems like a repeat of the previous year and worse...
People (myself included) tend to blindly hope quality brands will eventually release what they want, even if trends and history say otherwise. Sucks there’s no real alternative that matches NG’s quality and output.

Being a popular airline doesn't mean it will (edit: always) sell well, especially with retro aircraft unfortunately. For example, Aviation Megastore still has 5+ American 737-200s after 2,5 years, two USair 767-200s from 5,5 years ago (before Covid and long before the new 767 moulds were announced) and a variety of United/Delta/Continental props from 15 years ago!
So if all those don't sell after all these years, then I doubt there is still enough demand on a new mould.

Last edited:
Being a popular airline doesn't mean it will sell well, especially with retro aircraft unfortunately. For example, Aviation Megastore still has 5+ American 737-200s after 2,5 years, two USair 767-200s from 5,5 years ago (before Covid and long before the new 767 moulds were announced) and a variety of United/Delta/Continental props from 15 years ago!
So if all those don't sell after all these years, then I doubt there is still enough demand on a new mould.
This is my sentiment as well. Although there are certainly demands for more classic stuff, I feel the overwhelming majority of collectors still, especially those in China (possibly due to the relatively short history of aviation), tend to favor modern and active aircraft. In reality, we also see a bunch of old models floating around after years which speak for themselves.

But even given the current "bad" release choice I don't see much problem besides the lack of "old" ones, for example, in this set we get many United max, Delta LA 28 which are in high demand and fit many collectors criteria I believe. On the other hand, we'll all get broke soon if everything in the set is "good".

In this light I found NG's decision pretty reasonable although it will certainly leave some collectors unsatisfied, unfortunately.

Being a popular airline doesn't mean it will sell well, especially with retro aircraft unfortunately. For example, Aviation Megastore still has 5+ American 737-200s after 2,5 years, two USair 767-200s from 5,5 years ago (before Covid and long before the new 767 moulds were announced) and a variety of United/Delta/Continental props from 15 years ago!
Because they're Aeroclassics, where you pay the same price for an inferior product plagued with QC issues and missing details.

If popularity were a concern, brands could always produce but limit certain releases so as not to leave the collecting community devoid of that model. For example, rather than churning out 'Lite' models, NG could do limited releases on more historical or niche models while producing mainstream models in larger batches to satisfy everyone.

This is my sentiment as well. Although there are certainly demands for more classic stuff, I feel the overwhelming majority of collectors still, especially those in China (possibly due to the relatively short history of aviation), tend to favor modern and active aircraft. In reality, we also see a bunch of old models floating around after years which speak for themselves.

But even given the current "bad" release choice I don't see much problem besides the lack of "old" ones, for example, in this set we get many United max, Delta LA 28 which are in high demand and fit many collectors criteria I believe. On the other hand, we'll all get broke soon if everything in the set is "good".

In this light I found NG's decision pretty reasonable although it will certainly leave some collectors unsatisfied, unfortunately.
I highly doubt NG is factoring in collectors' bank account sizes when planning each release. This hobby is inherently expensive and finances are entirely subjective. It is variety that is desperately needed. The UA Max's have been released by Gemini so demand would be diminished. The LA 28' A350 is niche to the Northern American hemisphere and has also been released by several other brands this past year. NG seems to have hit rock bottom with originality, with their only saving grace being their superior moulds.

P.s. I would argue that collectors are getting more broke having to pay exorbitant amounts on Ebay for sought after, neglected models.

Last edited:
I feel the overwhelming majority of collectors still, especially those in China (possibly due to the relatively short history of aviation), tend to favor modern and active aircraft.
Actually, I am very surprised that they are not doing more Chinese Tu-154's or 767-200's or 707's from the 80's and 90's since they were very prominent back then... Also almost every major Chinese airline operated the A300 at some point. Why haven't they thought about that mould before Yu models?

We might not have to wait till November after all, as NG has already posted pics of the releases on WeChat.

What's most interesting is the "lite" version of N871HK - they redid the livery and ironically it looks more accurate than the non-lite version.

IMG_3241.PNG

We might not have to wait till November after all, as NG has already posted pics of the releases on WeChat.

What's most interesting is the "lite" version of N871HK - they redid the livery and ironically it looks more accurate than the non-lite version.

View attachment 33895
This one looks so much better than their previous version! The color is more accurate

This is a surprisingly quick turnaround for NG. Looking at the new photos that's the majority of September's models complete less than a month since announcement, plus pretty much everything that was on backlog.
True. Could this mean they were probably already in production / or already made, perhaps these release announcements are more of NG working through their production backlog?

Uhhooohhh, look, corrected artwork for both YM and YT! Did my mails finally help? (Not sure on the yellow, but the rest (y))
Need to order this 2nd run finally.
427805d1728055695-78027-78010-78016-2-.jpg

Last edited:
Uhhooohhh, look, corrected artwork for both YM and YT! Did my mails finally help? (Not sure on the yellow, but the rest (y))
Need to order this 2nd run finally.
427805d1728055695-78027-78010-78016-2-.jpg
NG LH 747-8 D-ABYM is a great model and I’m glad to have this model in my collection! However, NG could have use a lighter shade of blue for D-ABYC and correct the logo size, etc. since it has the correct n/c unlike D-ABYA. D-ABYT still has wrong colors (silver + logo…). Still 3 beautiful models from NG! Hope they will make Korean Air 747-8 soon 😁

NG LH 747-8 D-ABYM is a great model and I’m glad to have this model in my collection! However, NG could have use a lighter shade of blue for D-ABYC and correct the logo size, etc. since it has the correct n/c unlike D-ABYA. D-ABYT still has wrong colors (silver + logo…). Still 3 beautiful models from NG! Hope they will make Korean Air 747-8 soon 😁
Are not all 3 NG 748s in the standard current scheme?
NG's D-ABYA doesn't look dark enough to be the darker launch scheme

Last edited: