NG September 2024 Hints(Finally)

As a fellow American collector I have to disagree. These are all repeats of models made by other brands, namely Gemini. Sure, NG wins the trophy for better mould, but in terms of originality, this release set hits rock bottom. Imo the NG Lite doesn't help with their image either. Makes the brand look cheap
I can see where you’re coming from, however I think the MAXes are great for those who missed out on the aforementioned Gemini releases or intentionally skipped them for the better mould. The NG Lite I’m waiting on photos to come out for judging, but I do like the idea of discounted models at the expense of excluded details; these things aren’t getting any cheaper these days so it makes sense to have a cheaper option for those who don’t mind the missing details.

These are the ones I want to get.
Same here! I'm really happy to see the standard livery AA and UA 737 Max 8s on NG's mold. I've wanted these for a long time. Triple Crown One is a great choice as well (thought we'd get Nevada One). Given NG's release strategy, I would not be at all surprised if we saw a set of several Alaska 737 Max 9s (Gift of Travel, Seattle Kraken, San Francisco Giants, and standard liveries) in the near future (not sure if NG would do the Orca livery; they have to keep their costs down 😂).

All happiness aside, this set is definitely not indicative of a new release strategy. It's more of the same from NG with repetition everywhere. The Flair/Bonza hybrid Max 8 is a complete head-scratcher. What??? NG could've hit a slam dunk with an Air Canada, Sunwing, or WestJet Max 8, but they consistently shoot themselves in the foot. It feels like they deliberately ignore planes that would be red-hot sellers.

Rinse and repeat

Last edited:
The problem is that NG clearly don't want to listen, at least not to non-Chinese audiences. This seems to be twofold.

Firstly, I feel they have had some disappointments with releases in the past that have come from suggestions and have also been over bombarded with thousands of requests. They don't know what a good release choice is anymore and have blanked out the noise. Certainly, the relationship they attempted to build with Western collectors has largely been discarded.

Secondly, the leadership at NG clearly doesn't rate anything that isn't ultra-modern and also doesn't understand Western markets, which makes it a challenge to get releases 'right' in an interesting way. I have heard several times that NG has got multiple stakeholders, and this is maybe partly why they seem to be undertaking such a scattergun approach doing everything all at once. There is no one voice.

Part of the issue is also that they remain very secretive. Without understanding things like their MOQ it is hard to give good suggestions. I still communicate with them, but they are not open with me the way they used to be and a lot of what they have said to me hasn't come to pass. I don't think that is malicious, but it is symptomatic of the points above.

The result is a spiral of odd model decisions and costly undertakings, which appear to have led to financial problems that have slowed down everything and just annoy collectors more. In some ways I do think collectors have contributed to at least poisoning the golden goose, but ultimately NG has done a lot of this to itself.

It also appears, as others have said, that the 'Year of Classics' was never intended to be anything but an internal Chinese message discussing Chinese models.

My disappointment is palpable with all of this, but they don't seem to want my, or anyone else's, help so all we can do is look on.
It doesn't help that they don't accept the opinions of Chinese collectors at all, and the quality of the new products comes and goes, the landing gears on both of my Air China 777-200 models have come off, and hilariously, when I looked at them, I found that none of the landing gears had any traces of glue in them.

Same here! I'm really happy to see the standard livery AA and UA 737 Max 8s on NG's mold. I've wanted these for a long time. Triple Crown One is a great choice as well (thought we'd get Nevada One). Given NG's release strategy, I would not be at all surprised if we saw a set of several Alaska 737 Max 9s (Gift of Travel, Seattle Kraken, San Francisco Giants, and standard liveries) in the near future (not sure if NG would do the Orca livery; they have to keep their costs down 😂).

All happiness aside, this set is definitely not indicative of a new release strategy. It's more of the same from NG with repetition everywhere. The Flair/Bonza hybrid Max 8 is a complete head-scratcher. What??? NG could've hit a slam dunk with an Air Canada, Sunwing, WestJet Max 8, but they consistently shoot themselves in the foot. It feels like they deliberately ignore planes that would be red-hot sellers.

Rinse and repeat
I reckon the Flonza will sell pretty well down here as it was a unique livery for us Aussies for a short period of time

Don't forget the MAX 9 in ecoDemostrator Alaska colors.
There are also a ton of Alaska -800s and -900s that had decals that I would get.

-800 Nevada One and Lone Star One are both probably in the pipeline.

I have been saying for all the time that when I don’t see models that I wanted to buy from a new release, I’d be happy because I can save my spendings for later releases. And yes, I have not got any new NG since the Qantas Freight A330 - considering NG tendency to produce modern airframes. I am kinda let down by this release but patience might be the key. And fortunately enough, I have been getting NG old releases like madness with good price so that should balance out the above fact a bit.

Last edited:
I have been saying for all the time that when I don’t see models that I wanted to buy from a new release, I’d be happy because I can save my spendings for later releases. And yes, I have not got any new NG since the Qantas Freight A330 - considering NG tendency to produce modern airframes. I am kinda let down by this release but patience might be the key. To balance out the fact and fortunately enough, I have been getting NG old releases like madness with good price so that should balance out a bit.
I think the only thing I'm looking forward to is the points redemption in December for some models

Any news on the October releases yet? Will we have to wait till the middle of the month again?
Likely yes, if we get October releases at all (September eta is November). No worries though, the release set will be a couple new/retired sticker liveries for Alaska or Delta, more Lufty 748s, a random European or South American sticker livery, followed by more Chinese releases.

Likely yes, if we get October releases at all (September eta is November). No worries though, the release set will be a couple new/retired sticker liveries for Alaska or Delta, more Lufty 748s, a random European or South American sticker livery, followed by more Chinese releases.
Let’s be optimistic this time and get surprised by a boring set and wait for next month once again

If NG Release Alaska Aircraft we need some plain liveries max’s and some special liveries like Disney and the old colours/Icicles tbh 😀

Last edited:
If NG Release Alaska Aircraft we need some plain liveries max’s and some special liveries like Disney and the old colours tbh 😀
We need Alaska regular! NG still didn’t make the regular 737-Max 9 and still no Icicles livery -800 or -900ER

Attachments

• IMG_7338.jpeg
    IMG_7338.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 24