NG Models June 2023 Release Hints

45363_1272239140.jpg

Like this? It's such a minor change but I think it makes quite a bit more sense than a Mohican release. I didn't realize this actually existed, does anyone know why the nose has that little yellow spot?
Looks like primer or even bare naked fibre glass to me.

Have NG in 2023 become a endless production line of excellent but somewhat tedious models covering the same types and airlines every month with small scheme differences? When the Phoenix release set is a lot more interesting then maybe there are questions to be asked? While NG's models are better quality the subject matter for this month's releases looks incredibly similar to the past three months, with a few notable exceptions. Here are my thoughts:

for me this one only the AA 777 is interesting. I'm disappointed with NG's choice for the L1011 and Tu-154. When I saw the JA in the hints I thought NG was gonna release the Mohican because they messed up the top blue cheatline and lack of bare metal belly in the first release
There are many other Russian Tu-154s to be made like Alrosa, KMV, Bashkirian...I wonder how long I have to wait for stuff like CSA, Malev, Tarom, Ariana Afghan, MIAT...

This set is just okay. It’s not great, nor is it horrible. It’s sort of “middle-of-the-road” territory with this release.

I am happy to see that American 777 chrome. Will need to get that alongside the Peter Max once that’s done.

NG June 2023 Releases: Coming Soon!

Item No.Aircraft TypeOperator (Airline)Reg.Remarks
10007L-1011-50American Trans AirN31022basic TWA Dual Stripes livery (Buchannan Models)
10008757-200British AirwaysG-OOOBleased in Air 2000 scheme (Buchannan Models)
72019777FChina Southern CargoB-20EN
72043777-200LRQatar AirwaysA7-BBEwith "FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022" stickers
72045777-200LRQatar AirwaysA7-BBG
72039777-200LRAir IndiaVT-AEGrevised new colors
72041777-200EREuro Atlantic AirwaysCS-TFM
72042777-200EREuro Atlantic AirwaysCS-TSX"30th Anniversary" sticker
72046777-200ERAmerican AirlinesN795ANbare metal livery
72047777-200ERAmerican AirlinesN796ANoneworld cs; chrome cs
73019777-300ERAir FranceF-GZNTSkyTeam cs
15013A320-200JetStarVH-VQHwith small domain titles
13067A321-200China SouthernB2282
62037A330-300Qatar AirwaysA7-AEE
39029A350-900Sichuan AirlinesB-325JPanda Route cs
57003A350-1000Japan AirlinesJA01WJfirst A350-1000 for JL
31031L-1011-1ANAJA8522
54009Tu-154B-2RA-85565
73031777-300ERTurkish AirlinesTC-LJJUEFA Champions League cs
62053A330-300Garuda IndonesiaPK-GPZKembara Angkasa - 74th Anniversary cs
62061A330-300Turkish AirlinesTC-JNMUEFA Champions League cs
39045A350-900FinnairOH-LWO"Moomin, Finnair 100" sticker #2
39046A350-900FinnairOH-LWP"Moomin, Finnair 100" sticker #1
Just the Jetstar for me this month.

This is a pretty boring set in my view besides the American chrome 777-200ER. We have several near identical releases of airlines we've seen quite recently and also a few headscratchers (e.g. ANA L-1011, no 737s!!). Additionally, most of them are some sort of special livery or variation, which isn't surprising since NG seems to emphasize them.

I won't deny that I'm biased towards releases of airlines in the United States, but there's certainly some gaps that really should be filled there. For just one of several examples, it's honestly pretty baffling that we haven't gotten a single NG A319/A320 for any U.S. airline considering the length of time that this mold has been around. It's a great mold, but it needs better utilization. With that being said, more release diversity would go a long way. There's many other gaps to be filled (e.g. Korean Airlines widebody aircraft, more African carriers, more 757s, European narrow-bodies besides Air France, Lufthansa, & British Airways). NG has certainly given us plenty of exciting and diverse release sets, but those elements have been lacking for the past two months. Having bigger sets would allow for more opportunities for variety, but I think we can still have some good variety in these smaller release batches.

I'm curious to see how many of these releases still end up getting delayed despite the small set.

Yep super disappointing. The first one must have sold well but when you get 1 Tristar a month and this is what you get it is super frustrating.
It is, although it’s given my wallet a bit of a break! From the current artwork posted I can’t see a yellow radome dot on it which was another possible variation, although minor.

This is a pretty boring set in my view besides the American chrome 777-200ER. We have several near identical releases of airlines we've seen quite recently and also a few headscratchers (e.g. ANA L-1011, no 737s!!). Additionally, most of them are some sort of special livery or variation, which isn't surprising since NG seems to emphasize them.

I won't deny that I'm biased towards releases of airlines in the United States, but there's certainly some gaps that really should be filled there. For just one of several examples, it's honestly pretty baffling that we haven't gotten a single NG A319/A320 for any U.S. airline considering the length of time that this mold has been around. It's a great mold, but it needs better utilization. With that being said, more release diversity would go a long way. There's many other gaps to be filled (e.g. Korean Airlines widebody aircraft, more African carriers, more 757s, European narrow-bodies besides Air France, Lufthansa, & British Airways). NG has certainly given us plenty of exciting and diverse release sets, but those elements have been lacking for the past two months. Having bigger sets would allow for more opportunities for variety, but I think we can still have some good variety in these smaller release batches.

I'm curious to see how many of these releases still end up getting delayed despite the small set.
Good points. It's weird how they're not exactly ignoring certain regions, but rather releasing the same airlines over and over again. Lots of major carriers like Singapore and Asiana are being almost entirely overlooked.

Good points. It's weird how they're not exactly ignoring certain regions, but rather releasing the same airlines over and over again. Lots of major carriers like Singapore and Asiana are being almost entirely overlooked.
Yeah, like for instance I was surprised at how many Korean Airlines 737-900s we were getting. Volaris, Frontier, Allegiant, and Spirit (until recently....oh wait, it's delayed) have definitely been overlooked in North America, along with other highly requested planes (e.g. United Evo Blue A320). They definitely should branch out to more airlines and not release so many near-duplicates (like the TAROM A318s, WestJet 737-600s, and Southwest Canyon Blue 737-700s - of which one of the Canyon Blues was essentially a re-release!). With NG's excellent molds and generally good QC, some more release diversity would go a long way.

I'm also curious as to why we've still been seeing models get delayed. It's long past Chinese New Year. NG was pumping out sets of 30 or more planes with very few or no delayed models. They currently have 27 models in their delayed backlog, some of which date all the way back to the March release set! Sometimes it's okay to delay a model in order to get it correct (e.g. the Cathay Pacific L-1011), but generally, it's not good to have such a backlog. They could honestly take two months off from announcing new release sets (they won't) and the releases of the delayed models would fill that gap.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-09 141507.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-09 141507.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2023-06-09 141525.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-09 141525.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2023-06-09 141540.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-09 141540.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 10
Yeah, like for instance I was surprised at how many Korean Airlines 737-900s we were getting. Volaris, Frontier, Allegiant, and Spirit (until recently....oh wait, it's delayed) have definitely been overlooked in North America, along with other highly requested planes (e.g. United Evo Blue A320). They definitely should branch out to more airlines and not release so many near-duplicates (like the TAROM A318s, WestJet 737-600s, and Southwest Canyon Blue 737-700s - of which one of the Canyon Blues was essentially a re-release!). With NG's excellent molds and generally good QC, some more release diversity would go a long way.

I'm also curious as to why we've still been seeing models get delayed. It's long past Chinese New Year. NG was pumping out sets of 30 or more planes with very few or no delayed models. They currently have 27 models in their delayed backlog, some of which date all the way back to the March release set! Sometimes it's okay to delay a model in order to get it correct (e.g. the Cathay Pacific L-1011), but generally, it's not good to have such a backlog. They could honestly take two months off from announcing new release sets (they won't) and the releases of the delayed models would fill that gap.
Cannot agree more.

Very curious about the decision-making for releases. At some point making polls may not be a bad idea

They could've easily made a 738 or a Max for KE instead of flooding the market with 739s, and it also doesn't make sense that NG is this hesitant on making popular US carrier A320s given how many US 737s they have been putting out.

I'm on the same page as you on the delays, but I'm at least glad that they are shrinking the release sizes a bit so that they can clear this backlog especially since future releases are a thing now.

They could've easily made a 738 or a Max for KE instead of flooding the market with 739s, and it also doesn't make sense that NG is this hesitant on making popular US carrier A320s given how many US 737s they have been putting out.

I'm on the same page as you on the delays, but I'm at least glad that they are shrinking the release sizes a bit so that they can clear this backlog especially since future releases are a thing now.
I almost wonder if there are any rights issues which impact what NG can release (that's what I'm curious about regarding the Southwest Heart 737-700, even though we've had two Heart 737-800s). NG has made some very odd release decisions, especially lately.

I'm glad they're trying to clear the backlog, but we still have 8 1:400 models and 4 1:200 models delayed from the May set, which was already a small batch. There's definitely a problem here. I don't recall these backlogs happening last year. Hopefully most of this backlog gets cleared soon, but I honestly don't expect the July or August release sets to have more than 15-20 models.

Those 737-900s were real head-scratchers. They're unpopular and not what folks usually associate with KE, so it doesn't make sense from a business perspective. After NG's announcement everyone here was saying "where's the A333?"

Speaking of which, there hasn't been a good KE A333 in 400 scale. Same goes for the 772 and 773. The 77W is a steady-seller, and KE 748s fly off the shelves upon release. Lots of opportunities that NG's failing to exploit.

Last edited:
Those 737-900s were real head-scratchers. They're unpopular and not what folks usually associate with KE, so it doesn't make sense from a business perspective. After NG's announcement everyone here was saying "where's the A333?"

Speaking of which, there hasn't been a good KE A333 in 400 scale. Same goes for the 772 and 773. The 77W is a steady-seller, and KE 748s fly off the shelves upon release. Lots of opportunities that NG's failing to exploit.
Indeed there hasn't been a good KE A333, especially one with the up-to-date titles!

Their first 787-10's entering service this year, which means the A333s will be gone pretty soon. Maybe that'll be a wake-up call for NG, who knows.
HL7550 is one of the oldest registrations in the entire fleet right? The newer variants (HL8---) will probably still stay for long enough, but either way hopefully it will be a wake-up call to make more KE heavies.