NG Models June 2023 Release Hints

True. That also means it'll be in the previous gold livery version with the smaller titles? Did the 773 ever carry the yellow scheme btw?
I don't think so, the oldest pic of a SQ 773 on JP has the gold livery. The Jubilee titles were removed by 2006 or so.

Attachments

• 64806_1083064395.jpg
    64806_1083064395.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 24
I don't think so, the oldest pic of a SQ 773 on JP has the gold livery. The Jubilee titles were removed by 2006 or so.
This will go nicely with the 77W!
And NG's 777s look vastly improved for some reason - they've probably tweaked the cockpit printing? Of course their engine and wing detailing is great, and they get that slightly nose down posture correct - the APU is still a bummer but I can live with that !
The recent Aeromexico was a stunner - and am thinking of getting the AI 777 and the China Southern 777F. (another one they've re-released 🙆🏽‍♂️)
I wasn't too happy seeing the pictures of JCs 777s - the ANA Kimetsu one and the Ethiopian Cargo. Both their nosecones seem overpolished and are pointy - and the cockpit printing seems visibly off. Both were on my wishlist but seeing the photos have dropped them. Plus they have become level now - I have a previous JC ANA 772 and it has the correct nose down posture. Bummer. Options seem to be getting more limited when one would presume otherwise.

This will go nicely with the 77W!
And NG's 777s look vastly improved for some reason - they've probably tweaked the cockpit printing? Of course their engine and wing detailing is great, and they get that slightly nose down posture correct - the APU is still a bummer but I can live with that !
The recent Aeromexico was a stunner - and am thinking of getting the AI 777 and the China Southern 777F. (another one they've re-released 🙆🏽‍♂️)
I wasn't too happy seeing the pictures of JCs 777s - the ANA Kimetsu one and the Ethiopian Cargo. Both their nosecones seem overpolished and are pointy - and the cockpit printing seems visibly off. Both were on my wishlist but seeing the photos have dropped them. Plus they have become level now - I have a previous JC ANA 772 and it has the correct nose down posture. Bummer. Options seem to be getting more limited when one would presume otherwise.
I've never been bothered by NG's cockpit printing, maybe it's a little inconsistent on some releases. I'm not a fan of the JC's 737-esque cockpit windows and crude landing gear. It's quite apparent when compared to NG and the real thing (left is JC, right is NG).

Attachments

• 1669527429695.jpeg
    1669527429695.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 22
I've never been bothered by NG's cockpit printing, maybe it's a little inconsistent on some releases. I'm not a fan of the JC's 737-esque cockpit windows and crude landing gear. It's quite apparent when compared to NG and the real thing (left is JC, right is NG).
That's correct. Appreciate this comparison. In these photos it's apparent NG's nose shape, printing, and detailing is far superior and as usual, as close to the real thing as one can get.
Since we are on the subject, have you ever noticed that JC seems to have two templates for the 777 cockpit windows? If you see the recent 2 retros - the Saudi and the Qatar ones - and you compare to others - the difference is quite apparent - the retros seem to avoid this '737'-esque windows as you describe it. But the window sizes seem much larger than they should be.
I'm not sure if it's something you or others have noticed too.

That's correct. Appreciate this comparison. In these photos it's apparent NG's nose shape, printing, and detailing is far superior and as usual, as close to the real thing as one can get.
Since we are on the subject, have you ever noticed that JC seems to have two templates for the 777 cockpit windows? If you see the recent 2 retros - the Saudi and the Qatar ones - and you compare to others - the difference is quite apparent - the retros seem to avoid this '737'-esque windows as you describe it. But the window sizes seem much larger than they should be.
I'm not sure if it's something you or others have noticed too.
I'm not sure your comparison really is fair. That JC example you've chosen looks really bad. This recent JC 772 looks far better and in my experience of the mould the JC 777 is superior to the NG version in quite a few ways.

MU772.JPG

I'll probably get the AA 777 announced here so it'll make an interesting comparison. Certainly the cokcpit printing on some recent NG 777s has been suspicious both in terms of size and placement.

Overall this is a very underwhelming set of releases. NG has been a big disappointment in 2023 so far and Buchannan Models seems to be producing the most pointless hybrids quite often. Frustrating as we get barely any actual classics and just these odd bland hybrids from Buchannan.

I'm not sure your comparison really is fair. That JC example you've chosen looks really bad. This recent JC 772 looks far better and in my experience of the mould the JC 777 is superior to the NG version in quite a few ways.
Yes I agree one shouldn't generalise based on one model - and yes I do recall now your recent review of the 777 where the picture you shared is from if I am correct, and that model's a stunner for sure - though do you think the nose is a bit pointier or misshapen than it should be? The 777s have like a blunted domical nose cone (terrible description I agree) though the recent JC ones seem to make them quasi A330 like.
As is evident in the pictures you and @pons399 have shared - one stark difference is the cockpit template - which is what I was mentioning in my earlier message too. Some releases - like the retro Qatar and Saudi - seem to have the correct cockpit template and the correct blunt nose too.

Yes I agree one shouldn't generalise based on one model - and yes I do recall now your recent review of the 777 where the picture you shared is from if I am correct, and that model's a stunner for sure - though do you think the nose is a bit pointier or misshapen than it should be? The 777s have like a blunted domical nose cone (terrible description I agree) though the recent JC ones seem to make them quasi A330 like.
As is evident in the pictures you and @pons399 have shared - one stark difference is the cockpit template - which is what I was mentioning in my earlier message too. Some releases - like the retro Qatar and Saudi - seem to have the correct cockpit template and the correct blunt nose too.
I haven't seen any particularly pointy ones myself. I admit I don't get that many 777s but all the JC ones I own on this mould are excellent.

I'd just chalk that up to manufacturing error, JC screws up cockpit windows on a regular basis. Their 1:200 748s were alright up until a year or two ago, after which they started producing "angry" ones en masse. It's happened with a lot of their other moulds as well.

Wasn't that ATA L-1011 in hybrid TWA colors already released by Buchannan before?!
Anyway, very boring releases indeed...

Have NG in 2023 become a endless production line of excellent but somewhat tedious models covering the same types and airlines every month with small scheme differences? When the Phoenix release set is a lot more interesting then maybe there are questions to be asked? While NG's models are better quality the subject matter for this month's releases looks incredibly similar to the past three months, with a few notable exceptions. Here are my thoughts:

Even as a Garuda collector that A333 is a miss, NG should've gone with a regular or old livery before doing the special.

Attachments

• 490753_c0a46684c3_280 (1).jpg
    490753_c0a46684c3_280 (1).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 1200px-PK-GPG_A330-341_Garuda_Indonesia_NRT_22MAY03_(8453139822).jpg
    1200px-PK-GPG_A330-341_Garuda_Indonesia_NRT_22MAY03_(8453139822).jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 8