NG Models June 2023 Release Hints

HL7550 is one of the oldest registrations in the entire fleet right? The newer variants (HL8---) will probably still stay for long enough, but either way hopefully it will be a wake-up call to make more KE heavies.
7550 was retired December of last year, so the oldest active plane in the fleet is 7524 at 25.2 years.

Last edited:
They could've easily made a 738 or a Max for KE instead of flooding the market with 739s, and it also doesn't make sense that NG is this hesitant on making popular US carrier A320s given how many US 737s they have been putting out.

I'm on the same page as you on the delays, but I'm at least glad that they are shrinking the release sizes a bit so that they can clear this backlog especially since future releases are a thing now.
It is reasonably clear that NG are creating multiple versions of the same model in order to limit production costs and split volumes. It is exactly the same thing that Aeroclassics and JC Wings do (albeit JC drop their 2 variants months or years apart). That is why they made 2 KE 739s and why for example they just announced 2 Euroatlantic 777s.

I almost wonder if there are any rights issues which impact what NG can release (that's what I'm curious about regarding the Southwest Heart 737-700, even though we've had two Heart 737-800s). NG has made some very odd release decisions, especially lately.

I'm glad they're trying to clear the backlog, but we still have 8 1:400 models and 4 1:200 models delayed from the May set, which was already a small batch. There's definitely a problem here. I don't recall these backlogs happening last year. Hopefully most of this backlog gets cleared soon, but I honestly don't expect the July or August release sets to have more than 15-20 models.
I have to admit people harp on about the release delays but it isn't a major problem. Barely anything is delayed more than 2 months so the delays are hardly huge - people are being spoiled. The reason it didn't happen last year is NG are producing vastly more models this year than last.

You can't have your cake and eat it. On the one hand there are complaints that there are too many similar models and not enough unique releases and on the other there are complaints about volumes and delays. The two are in direct competition with each other. The more unique models and the more likely delays are. NG already are making almost twice as many models as anyone else.

If you want less releases then the Heart 73G and KE A333 are even further away. Frankly not trying to be rude but WN is one of the most heavily released airlines so any WN collector has been well spoiled. KE isn't exactly under-represented in 400 scale too.

Now if you were talking about an EA Tristar you might have a point but saying that NG aren't making enough modern US and Asian narrowbodies just doesn't fit the stats.

Screenshot_2023-06-22-21-04-20-624_com.instagram.android-01.jpeg
on a positive note, super thrilled to see the yellow nose. Most or all of you must know this by now - just thought to belatedly share my joy at seeing this (been too preoccupied on the work and personal front).
Although would have been nice to see the yellow nose and the all-Japanese titles as one release - these ANA 1011 releases are selling out really quickly in Asian stores - NG seem to have hit it right from a market standpoint. Just an observation or a comment - and not an approval or disapproval from my perspective as I myself have been critical of the recent spate of re-releases and weird hybrids (not even the nice ones - like Aer Lingus white shamrock tail with the twin blue stripes - such a nice scheme! - have sent this one to NG quite a few times)
There's lots of Tristars we still want/need made including a polished belly Mohican, amongst others (Sudan / TAAG / BWIA / CX other versions / Tristar 500 in the Negus scheme / bare metal LTU / PSA, LTU, Worldways, etc with the lower fuselage galley bulge / Eastern variations / TWA variations / etc etc / etc)
Cheers

Last edited:
Interesting. I don't understand why Portugese airlines are so onto this. SATA did something similar with the Aeroclassics A310s although it didn't stop them
Yes curious to see what NG's response would be - would they delay release like they did with the TAP ones, or will they not care as this may just end up being a PSA from the airline to its customers and may not result in anything legal - let's see.

yellow nose
I wonder about all that NG fetish for one offs and mismatching parts.
I guess that if they had an A380 mould we'd already have LH nc with mismatching flap/slat colors (hail damage repairs) or a sistership with a Malaysian Airlines emergency slide cover.

I wonder about all that NG fetish for one offs and mismatching parts.
I guess that if they had an A380 mould we'd already have LH nc with mismatching flap/slat colors (hail damage repairs) or a sistership with a Malaysian Airlines emergency slide cover.
The yellow nose isn't a one-off - quite a few ANA 1011s have had these over their careers - so it does have a legitimate place - as much as, say, a CX with or without a black nose, an AI 743 with a blue anti-glare, or a TWA with or without the anti-glare, amongst others. Let's not equate this particular model to extreme examples we've seen elsewhere - like the Cathay 777 with the wrong spelling that was made into models. The yellow noses werent a one off or a mistake or an error.

Last edited:
The yellow nose isn't a one-off - quite a few ANA 1011s have had these over their careers - so it does have a legitimate place - as much as, say, a CX with or without a black nose, an AI 743 with a blue anti-glare, or a TWA with or without the anti-glare, amongst others. Let's not equate this particular model to extreme examples we've seen elsewhere - like the Cathay 777 with the wrong spelling that was made into models. The yellow noses werent a one off or a mistake or an error.
To be fair the Cathay Paciic 777 was a far more interesting variant than this NH L-1011

Yes curious to see what NG's response would be - would they delay release like they did with the TAP ones, or will they not care as this may just end up being a PSA from the airline to its customers and may not result in anything legal - let's see.
Afaik, TAP models made by NG are licensed/commissioned by the airline (or the Portuguese shop - nevertheless they have the official stamps) whereas the EuroAtlantic is by NG themselves. As a result, the situation differs. It is actually an interesting release, though.

NG could have made the NH L-1011 with the chrome belly like the BBox version, at least it would be more different from the other 2

View attachment 17555
on a positive note, super thrilled to see the yellow nose. Most or all of you must know this by now - just thought to belatedly share my joy at seeing this (been too preoccupied on the work and personal front).
Although would have been nice to see the yellow nose and the all-Japanese titles as one release - these ANA 1011 releases are selling out really quickly in Asian stores - NG seem to have hit it right from a market standpoint. Just an observation or a comment - and not an approval or disapproval from my perspective as I myself have been critical of the recent spate of re-releases and weird hybrids (not even the nice ones - like Aer Lingus white shamrock tail with the twin blue stripes - such a nice scheme! - have sent this one to NG quite a few times)
There's lots of Tristars we still want/need made including a polished belly Mohican, amongst others (Sudan / TAAG / BWIA / CX other versions / Tristar 500 in the Negus scheme / bare metal LTU / PSA, LTU, Worldways, etc with the lower fuselage galley bulge / Eastern variations / TWA variations / etc etc / etc)
Cheers
If this sells well in Asian stores then I hope to see Orient Thai or Thai Sky Airways, maybe even Kampuchea Airlines

Ok, didn't know it wasn't a one off.
You know, I'm a livery purist. I don't like stickers and other stuff that's not part of a livery "as delivered". Consequently I also have no love for a model that features an unpainted/uncoated radome as that's what I think they were. Uncoated, bare fibreglass.

I'm highly curious to know the background on these. Must have something to do with radar performance as coating a radome leads to signal attenuation. So keeping them bare increased performance.
Interestingly, a quick search shows me a timeframe right after the radar related loss of DL191. Coincidence?

OT...
The type I worked on had two variants of radomes due to two types of radars used. The F-4F KWS/LA had the "classic" rubber coating (hence the black color) while the KWS/LV had it bare for performance reasons - the color looked similar to those 1011 radomes (->fibreglass)