NG Models Official Wechat Post

I disagree. The BigBird Mk.3 that JC uses is arguably a better product.

The fact that you have to compare the NG Lite with Phoenix and current AC to make it look decent goes to show you how mediocre it really is.

Arguable is the word as overall the BB Mk3 isn't a better mould. The NG is superior in the following ways:

Engines
Pylons
Wing to fuselage join
Undercarriage

The BB Mk3 is superior in:

Wingspan
Nose shape (But even then everyone here has been buying the NG SPs and been happy with them)

SO at best it is a draw I'd say.

Oh, now they are suddenly competing with JetHut and YY, of course. I suppose you can throw Daron and Matchbox in the mix too 😂. And to top it all off JC has decided to join the “we are now ditching the antennas and making cheap models too” movement too.

Don’t take it personal, but it is a bit funny.

Now you're conflating two seperate things. This isn't the finished NG 747 and the concept of NG Lite, while not something I'm interested in myself, is valid.

By the way if you mean JC by the image Sam posted that was clearly a joke.

To be fair, just about any other 1:400 manufacturer also shows aggressive monopolistic tendencies.

It’s all business though, and it happens in every industry. And us as consumers shouldn’t care about what model brands do as long as we are getting the models we want.

No other company has acted in the way GJ and ADI has over the years, not even Aeroclassics. As consumers (actually as human beings) we should be educated and definitely care about what companies do because if you are oblivious or wilfully ignorant the chance of you getting what you want (or even need) is significantly decreased. The recent uptick in amoral political behaviour and populist 'politicians' is a direct result of wilful ignorance and stupidity combined with a lack of morality and greed. I'll fight my little corner for justice in 400 scale :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Criticising NG is fine and definitely warranted but at least try and back up your comments with content and treat GJ the same way.

When did other brands come into the discussion? I’m not sure why they had to be brought in to prove a point when this entire discussion had nothing to do with them in the first place.

Other brands come into the conversation because you make comments with unsubstantiated facts about NG (like the one you made about Gemini making more Euro models than NG the other day) and then give GJ a pass when they do far far worse regularly. This is called context and is important when looking at what people say.

Remember the Avelo 737 that came out a couple years ago? I wasn’t very fond of that model either, as was many other people, but from my perspective it wasn’t worth it to pass on GJ’s rendition and wait for NG. That’s why I still got it. As of June 2024, no one else has done an Avelo plane in any scale except Gemini Jets. I have no confidence that NG is going to do an Avelo plane. I’m surprised Panda hasn’t even touched that subject yet!

You're the perfect GJ customer. You'll buy any products they make and stay quiet when you're not happy with it then complain NG have major problems, which you haven't substantiated, when they are producing a much better product over and over and over. ;)

You can be unsatisfied with a model and still buy it at the same time; just don’t be excessive with your complaining.

I agree. I wouldn't own 1500 Aeroclassics if I loved them all equally, however there are still some standards!

I, for one, have kept my mouth shut about those problems because we all know what they are. It’s redundant to have it be brought up every time JC/GJ use that (or any other mould that gets frequent criticism) for a release. Being quiet about these issues when I want to buy a model makes me more likely to get it, especially if it’s a subject I desire.

This is were I disagree. It isn't redundant. You are a commentator on the models (with your own channel) and yet you choose to look the other way and assume everyone watching your material knows what they are. Repetition is one of the most important aspects of speech or message delivery, especially when the audience is unknown or changing. By being quiet on this sort of thing, even when literally discussing it makes you somewhat complicit.

I’ll disregard the part about variety of airlines because that’s a subjective topic and that debate could go on for hours.

It isn't. There is no way Gemini have a more diverse set of releases in any world. They do what they do and that is fine but to complain about NG's diversity while giving Gemini (and others) a free pass is a double standard.

However, Gemini Jets is most certainly not after shutting down competition. If they were, they’d be getting into serious legal trouble, and it would be of my understanding that the supposed “letter” Gemini Jets sent to retailers several years ago about “if you’re selling NG Models, you will be cut from our retailer network” would violate laws regarding anti-competitive practices. I also understand that this “letter” would’ve essentially sent them on a kamikaze mission, killing any and all sales they could achieve from retailers, and they would go out of business themselves. This proved ineffective in its strategy anyway, as retailers are still selling both brands to this day, so I can reasonably conclude that this “letter” was false. I can guarantee they’re smart enough to realize that and disregard whatever retailers do with NG, and any other brand for that matter.

This is nonsense. The letter was definitely not false - I have a copy of it and it was even published on at least one retailer's website! Also in addition to what Jorge said on this they still vet retailers before they allow them to stock their own products and turn them down if they don't like other products they are stocking. Panda's mini-brands like Miniature Models have been a target here. They act and operate like a cartel, which is directly against the interests of collectors.

I’m not sure where you’re getting the perception of a “double standard”; NG’s problems are more significant than just having mould and printing defects. It’s been made clear to me that NG has some kind of issues within management (what exactly is uncertain and I’m sure I’ll never know). Issues with just the models would constitute far less a response from me personally than issues with models and with management.

I don't think it is clear NG have any special issues. I do think it has been clear that they have made decisions that some collectors haven't liked around model releases and that they have bitten off more than they can chew in terms of the amount of new mould production. Those are decisions and arguably only the second one is an issue.

For some reason complaints about NG seem to get magnified and they are held to a different standard. As I said you could use the same language about any 400 scale brand and claim there are 'management issues' because they all do things that from the outside look odd and aren't well performed. The list of 'issues' is longer for the other brands.

So to summarise:

- You criticise NG in a way you don't other brands
- You'll buy what GJ make regardless of the quality if it fits your collection criteria
- You actively avoid criticising known issues with GJ because 'everybody knows it already'
- You have made statements about NG that aren't backed up by fact
- You have made up your own truth about GJ's actions even when there is plenty of evidence to the contrary
- NG apparently have 'significant management problems' that you haven't really defined
- You mention above NG printing defects, which in reality are certainly no worse than what is seen from others and I'd argue less significant

That is why I percieve a double standard and why I struggle to accept some of what you say.

Last edited:
…while I am not familiar with the letter you are talking about…
This supposed “letter” was sent in 2018 during NG’s early days. Unfortunately I can’t find out what it says because the article linked to it was deleted long ago.

It’s all business though, and it happens in every industry. And us as consumers shouldn’t care about what model brands do as long as we are getting the models we want.
You’re right, I’m sure there’s lots more going on in this hobby that I don’t know about and quite frankly never will. The only reason why I showed as much concern regarding NG’s situation is because I do want them to succeed. While I don’t know the full details, it hasn’t sounded all that good. It may be resolved in a few months, it may not; who knows. Only time will tell.

I can’t work out whether I’m excited or disappointed. I’m super excited it’s the first one because I’ve always wanted one. She’s a big part of aviation history. She changed the world.

But the model has no antenna and I don’t know if they’ve skimped on the pricing because it’s a bad quality model.

Are NG bringing out a version more in the standard price range of £55-£60 do we know?

I can’t work out whether I’m excited or disappointed. I’m super excited it’s the first one because I’ve always wanted one. She’s a big part of aviation history. She changed the world.

But the model has no antenna and I don’t know if they’ve skimped on the pricing because it’s a bad quality model.
I think they partly have because it isn't up to their usual standards. Whether you consider it bad quality is relative and I'd argue it is still a good quality model in comparison to competition, however it definitely isn't as good as NG have managed historically.

Whether this NG Lite line is just a cover story only time will tell. My opinion is split on this
Are NG bringing out a version more in the standard price range of £55-£60 do we know?
Yes they will when they have the mould updated, but that won't be for a while

Lately I enter the forum and I can only envy you because you slaughter each other for toys xD
I always get pissed off with a thousand daily hassles, and honestly if there are months where I can avoid spending money on models I'm happy.... I have more money for my side projects or whims :D

Best reply ever! You're my hero here! :LOL: :LOL: 😂 😂 :cool:

Lately I enter the forum and I can only envy you because you slaughter each other for toys xD
I always get pissed off with a thousand daily hassles, and honestly if there are months where I can avoid spending money on models I'm happy.... I have more money for my side projects or whims :D
Toys matter! If you're going to do something no half measures 🍻 I say

NG: The Date for the Next Large-Scale Points Redemption Event is Set

NG Models 2024-06-13 07:01 Guangdong

Some friends have been asking about the date for the next points redemption event. Here is a unified response: it will be from August 1st to 10th. After that, the next one will be in January 2025!

It's about a month and a half until August, so you can check your account's available points balance now. If it's not much, quickly top up your points while there's still time!

Besides the large-scale points redemption event involving hundreds of products, there are usually opportunities every month to redeem points for new model sample machines, which is also very interesting. For example, next week there will be an opportunity to redeem the entire series of new 767 model sample machines. Stay tuned!

Source: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/4Op6tiE5_ycaYC8EwrJdvg
----------------------------------END---------------------------------

NG: You may have another fortune waiting to be claimed (the "Early Bird Reward" is coming soon)
NG Models 2024-06-15 10:43 Guangdong

To thank our loyal fans, during the next website upgrade, you will see the "Early Bird Reward": The first 100 customers to redeem points for each product will receive an additional "Early Bird Red Packet", which contains a random number of points as a reward.

This reward will be retroactive. That means the system will rank your accumulated points records before this upgrade in chronological order. If you rank among the top 100 for the corresponding product, congratulations, you will be awarded an "Early Bird Red Packet".

Isn't that exciting and unexpected? Get ready to receive this extra "fortune"! You might even save up for a free model! If you still have cards that haven't been redeemed, please hurry up—the earlier you accumulate, the higher your chance of getting an early bird reward!

This upgrade is expected to be completed by the end of June. More ways to earn points and growth value are coming in the future. Stay tuned.

Source: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/dORRhuzt8LYhDYPLCGCmZA

------------------------------END----------------------------------

Personally I cannot understand what went through their mind, clearly different retailers and customers in different regions would have different logistic efficiency, and such inequality shouldn't count for the additional reward just because "he is closer to your warehouse".

Personally I cannot understand what went through their mind, clearly different retailers and customers in different regions would have different logistic efficiency, and such inequality shouldn't count for the additional reward just because "he is closer to your warehouse".
Hopefully they can work out that inequality; my suggestion would be to wait until each and every retailer has received their products, then they can open up a window for this Early Bird thing. Even then customers will be given an advantage dependent on their location from the retailer (in-person or online store closer).

Can't help but the early samples looked a lot better around the noses, might be just the pictures.
But I sure hope they get the positioning of the cabin printing under control.

I'm not sure about the whole nose/cockpit section either... Maybe it's just the angle of the photos but I feel there's something off in that area. This kind of remind me of the first B777s NG released, which had a similar issue.

Not the exact same angle but you can see what I mean.

767.jpg767NG.jpg

(Disclaimer: I did not take the picture of the Delta 767. Picture used only as a reference. Credit to the author: Vincenzo Pace)