NG Models Boeing 767-200/300 Mould Sample Review

YesterAirlines

NG announced the Boeing 767 series whilst I was away in Amsterdam showing off 16 of their other mould samples! I was surprised but, it seems there is no end to what they can, and will, produce, at least for major jet families. There have been relatively recent moulds by Aeroclassics (767-200) and Gemini / JC Wings (767-400) but nobody has looked at the entire family for a long time. In the first of two parts I look at the series 200 and 300 moulds:

NG_767s_B.jpg

Main gear legs need to be a bit shorter. It's more noticeable on the B767-200 sample.
Cockpit windows could be also a bit bigger but honestly this current size don't bother me.
And the engines... yes, they need some refinements.

The rest looks fantastic!!!

The cowling on the PW4000 engines look a little stretched, but the exhaust on the CF6 engines definitely look too elongated. And I do agree about the cockpit windows: a bit too small.

Other than that, I'm excited to see what NG will do~ These look great, and can't wait to see the -400ER sample!

I don't agree with your landing gear suggestions at all. The gear in your diagrams don't match the size of the sample. Both of the images you've added are smaller than the gear on the sample. The gear size is fine.

I'm OK with the gear/tire size, I just think the legs should be slightly shorter.

The B767-200 seems to have too long MLG. There's way too much ground clearance. The real United 767 seems to sit much lower than that.
The sample even seems to have a slight tail-up/nose-down attitude aswell.

1700745461081.png

I don't agree with your landing gear suggestions at all. The gear in your diagrams don't match the size of the sample. Both of the images you've added are smaller than the gear on the sample. The gear size is fine.
The gear images I added are smaller than the sample because they are supposed to be smaller than what's currently on the samples? I'm not sure if I'm getting the point here. The photos of the gears are from the ANA 767 right below, and I don't think the photos are out of proportion.

Just to be clear I have not sent anything to NG yet.

Again I really don't see an issue here either. The UA 767 in that photo is clearly at an angle so the tail is lower than the nose. I think the engine ground clearance is fine.

The sample really doesn't display a nose down angle

Both of the images I added are smaller than the gears on the sample because the gears are supposed to be smaller than what's on the samples? I'm not sure if I'm getting the point here. The photos of the gears are from the ANA 767 right below.

Just to be clear I have not sent anything to NG yet.
But look at the bottom of the fuselage on your gear shots and it is lower than the belly of the sample. You simply can't take photos, which are also at different angles, and compare an object that is many metres long to one that is a few cms with that level of detail.

I suppose if it sits level it should be alright then. I'll omit that part of the diagram and send the rest. Thanks.

I suppose if it sits level it should be alright then. I'll omit that part of the diagram and send the rest. Thanks.
Agree the cockpit window needs enlargement. The gears might be a tad high, but size is okay. The front gear may be a little bulky if anything. Side note - have always thought their 737 cockpit windows were a tad short too. Panda does it best.

Again I really don't see an issue here either. The UA 767 in that photo is clearly at an angle so the tail is lower than the nose. I think the engine ground clearance is fine.

The sample really doesn't display a nose down angle

Not sure about the 767-200, but FWIW the 767-300 does tend to sit with a very slight nose-up attitude. So I want to believe the nose-high attitude seen in the UA picture is actual and not an illusion.

Having said that, I can't tell whether the sample sits nose down, nor will it be a deal breaker for me.