NG Models Official Wechat Post

we will not have the june release? because these seems the delayed models (or myabe i'm wrong.. in the last months I was so busy with the work)
---
sorry if maybe i'm not in the right section... but what happened in the account of NG in Instagram?

sorry if maybe i'm not in the right section... but what happened in the account of NG in Instagram?
IG is blocked in China - so their original account was shut down - my speculation is that they'd use it via VPN and got found out

Now they have employed someone in Europe to operate both their new accounts.

A short update from NG:

NG: Points for new products can be accumulated starting Tuesday

NG Models 2024-06-02 21:36 Guangdong

Many of our friends are eager to accumulate points after receiving new products. We are currently processing the data for this batch of points cards. It is expected that points for this batch of new products can be accumulated starting Tuesday (June 4th)!

Additionally, here's an early reveal: soon, your Growth Value will have a place to be used, and it will be a very interesting application. The higher your Growth Value, the better, so cherish your points cards!

Source: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/-MAmyn0uhDkB2j1soDIxrw
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure what has happened that NG announced this news, looks like there's something wrong with the point redemption cards.

Few here seemed to have received their models from this batch. I'm guessing no one here has had this issue yet - Or hasn't redeemed their cards yet?
No. Still haven’t heard anything about my free models from April’s reward program. Surely they must have been sent out?

On the cards it says "...other benefits in the future such as participating in production plan development, advising next new created moulds and updating of existing products, etc."

My guess is growth value will be used there in one way or another, the higher your growth value, the better you will be able to affect the future production.

NG is so damn frustrating. Nobody gives a hoot about fancy boxes and CRP, we just want quality models of planes we like. If they didn't sink so much money into the CRP, ultimate collection and repeat releases, there wouldn't be so many delays and QC issues. Maybe start covering certain popular airlines again for, you know, $$.

No wonder they're in trouble.

Few here seemed to have received their models from this batch. I'm guessing no one here has had this issue yet - Or hasn't redeemed their cards yet?
I’ve yet to hear about them. It’s June and while I understand waiting for a free model (minus shipping in my case), having to wait two months with minimal communication from NG about it has been a bit frustrating.

Evidently they’re supposed to be sent out with the May releases; hopefully they can fulfill that.

While it is easy to do, I think I'll wait for an official black nose release from NG. Not in a hurry to get them though so they can do whatever. Also I'm afraid of messing up the nose with a Sharpie!
I think the early versions had at least partial bare metal on the tail also, rather than the solid gray paint. So just putting the black on the nose wouldn't even create a correct rendition anyway.

NG: The production of a new batch of collector's edition packaging boxes is about to be completed.

NG Models, 2024-06-05, 18:42 Guangdong

A short video takes you closer to the production of the collector's edition packaging boxes. Can you guess which product these packaging boxes are for? The physical items are expected to be available by June 20th.

1717641078884.png

Source (inclu. full video clip): https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/U6Nu3I_y_ZkIgq8ik5oHaA

I honestly don't like the ultimate collection, I rather NG go back to using foam instead of plastic.
i dont mind UC, but what pisses me is their metal stand has serious fitting problem (some wont fit into their very own model!) which they have been completely keeping quiet and do nothing about it! it could be simply avoided if they have QC or at least try to fit their stand to their model.
makes me feel like idiot to spend more to buy something useless.

NG: Launch of New 747-100 Model and Sub-brand NG Lite

NG Models, 2024-06-10 10:35, Guangdong

Following the grand release of the new 747-100 mold, we have used this new mold to simultaneously create the first 1:400 scale model: the Boeing 747-100 test flight livery. This is to commemorate the 55th anniversary of the Boeing 747's first flight (1969-2024). This product has official authorization from the Boeing Company.

Since this is released as an experience version, we have set its reference price at a highly cost-effective 268 CNY(~37USD, 35EUR, 29 GBP), and launched it under the new sub-brand NG Lite, hoping everyone can experience it with a lower budget.

Note: We have not installed antennas on this product, and most future products in the "Lite" series will not have antennas installed.

The NG Lite brand incorporates the dynamic word "Lite" into the original brand design, representing lightness, simplicity, and liveliness. In the future, we will bring more highly cost-effective new products through this brand. NG Lite series products also support the CRP reward points program.

The NG Lite series will follow a new product numbering rule: NG XXX XXX, where the first XXX is the three-letter code of the operator, and the last XXX is a sequential number. For example, the product number of this item is an 8-digit code: NGBOE001.

Finally, let’s appreciate the packaging cover of this product! The front features a commemorative photo of the first flight of the world's first 747, with Joe Sutter, full of interest, taking the lead.

Creating excellent models for the world is our unremitting pursuit. We will continue to enrich our mold family and continuously optimize existing molds, providing everyone with a wider range of higher-quality products, including the 747 series.

1717988296247.png1717988302085.png1717988318153.png
1717988421199.png

1717988430989.png

Source: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/Dzo-RrtIlJGhF9hHkUaGhA
--------------------------------------END-------------------------------------------

Interesting, it looks like NG has pre-made these models before the release of the 747-100 on their social media, and they didnt anticipate the mass criticisms while they also cannot go back to fix these already made models, so they come up with the sub-brand to sell at lower price while still working on the mould... very smart marketing.

Last edited:
Actually these are targeting at different market hence cheaper price. No antenna for lite version of NG, also the printing is mmeehhh 😂

It is retailed at RMB268 which is around USD37 in China.

Attachments

• IMG_2358.jpeg
    IMG_2358.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2359.jpeg
    IMG_2359.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Interesting, it looks like NG has pre-made these models before the release of the 747-100 on their social media, and they didnt anticipate the mass criticisms while they also cannot go back to fix these already made models, so they come up with the sub-brand to sell at lower price while still working on the mould... very smart marketing.
Interesting theory. But you could also see this as a marketing test shot for the mould. If there are enough who consider this "good enough" there wont be any major retooling for future releases maybe.
Or - and this would be my hope - really have this parallel in the portfolio and start over from scratch with a 747Classic mould. One that is worthy to carry their nane.