NG Models Official Wechat Post

I would expect that any products they had made prior to me pointing out the wing issue
If they'd just listen, the wing (and all the other things) wouldn't be an issue today as it was identified instantly when you had the sample on the AMS show table last September.
Tried several times to get through to them directly offering my help but no. Oh well...

Will be interesting to see if and how they improve to turn this 747Classic mould into something acceptable finally. Are they even aware of the other issues? I have the feeling there's noone at NG with a bit of love for the queen of the skies.

If they'd just listen, the wing (and all the other things) wouldn't be an issue today as it was identified instantly when you had the sample on the AMS show table last September.
Tried several times to get through to them directly offering my help but no. Oh well...

Will be interesting to see if and how they improve to turn this 747Classic mould into something acceptable finally. Are they even aware of the other issues? I have the feeling there's noone at NG with a bit of love for the queen of the skies.

I have made them well aware (I even sent them your GIF) although I doubt they'll make something that'll please you 100% ;)

Btw, I so wish they'd have these "non-rolling" gears on their regular/premium line and have those rolling gears limited to their lite/toy line,because it's usually those rolling wheels that optically turn the best looking NG model into a toy.

Btw, I so wish they'd have these "non-rolling" gears on their regular/premium line and have those rolling gears limited to their lite/toy line,because it's usually those rolling wheels that optically turn the best looking NG model into a toy.
So... something like this for regular NGs? 🤣
20240214_162714.jpg

the recommended MSRP for that lite 741 is 268 CNY, which is $36.94. Cannot wait to see it getting listed for AT LEAST $50
At Arcunia (Netherlands) it's listed for €55 / $59, the same as Phoenix and some JCwings.

Don't want to track this OT, just to showcase what I mean:
NG's amazing MD-80, no look at those gears.
The real thing has a nose gear track width of 14"
The NG measures at what translates into 36.2"
Right. That's what irks me about the Tu 154s as well. Looks like it's rolling on a set of dumbbells.

Boy is NG struggling to get the blody 747-100/200 right. I still need to watch Richard’s video to see if I’m missing something, but this Lite BS is basically them saying “screw it, we can’t get it right, here you go gents.”

It's fun seeing NG cook up these creative new gimmicks, without devoting a single braincell towards addressing holes in their releases. Absolutely can't wait to see what the future has in store...

Last edited:
It's fun seeing NG cook up these creative new gimmicks, without devoting a single braincell towards addressing holes in their releases. Absolutely can't wait to see what the future has in store...
That’s what I was also referring to in my post yesterday. Both that and management have some problems that need to be addressed…

Boy is NG struggling to get the blody 747-100/200 right. I still need to watch Richard’s video to see if I’m missing something, but this Lite BS is basically them saying “screw it, we can’t get it right, here you go gents.”

They have said that they will fix the 747 so it isn't directly connected (but obviously this is a mistake on their part to a degree). Frankly even if it stayed as it is, it is the best 747 available new now and a mile better than the PHX abominations and the over-polished and badly printed AC versions.

I get that they aren't producing the models you want them to but waiting around getting grumpy because NG aren't catering to you specifically whilst spurning everyone else's models is not a recipe for happiness. If NG never made another modern SQ, CX, NH, JL or KE model it wouldn't bother me at all, they are all well catered for elsewhere.

That’s what I was also referring to in my post yesterday. Both that and management have some problems that need to be addressed…

Everyone has problems of one kind or another. Gemini, Phoenix, JC Wings, AV400 and Aeroclassics are all hardly making perfect models all the time and certainly not at the same time as producing a wonderful range. It just strikes me that you almost never say anything negative about the company you buy a lot from who produce largely inferior products, for a tiny range of airlines and care a lot less about their customers while trying to shutdown all competition. But it is NG that has the problems! That's a serious double standard.

Name a brand that is producing higher quality models than NG consistently, in the same numbers and has a better range of models. You can't, because there isn't one.

They have said that they will fix the 747 so it isn't directly connected (but obviously this is a mistake on their part to a degree).

Hopefully they don’t give up before giving us a mold that will makes us all smile.

Frankly even if it stayed as it is, it is the best 747 available new now and a mile better than the PHX abominations and the over-polished and badly printed AC versions.

I disagree. The BigBird Mk.3 that JC uses is arguably a better product.

The fact that you have to compare the NG Lite with Phoenix and current AC to make it look decent goes to show you how mediocre it really is.

Oh, now they are suddenly competing with JetHut and YY, of course. I suppose you can throw Daron and Matchbox in the mix too 😂. And to top it all off JC has decided to join the “we are now ditching the antennas and making cheap models too” movement too.

Don’t take it personal, but it is a bit funny.

Everyone has problems of one kind or another. Gemini, Phoenix, JC Wings, AV400 and Aeroclassics are all hardly making perfect models all the time and certainly not at the same time as producing a wonderful range.
When did other brands come into the discussion? I’m not sure why they had to be brought in to prove a point when this entire discussion had nothing to do with them in the first place.

It just strikes me that you almost never say anything negative about the company you buy a lot from who produce largely inferior products, for a tiny range of airlines and care a lot less about their customers while trying to shutdown all competition.
Remember the Avelo 737 that came out a couple years ago? I wasn’t very fond of that model either, as was many other people, but from my perspective it wasn’t worth it to pass on GJ’s rendition and wait for NG. That’s why I still got it. As of June 2024, no one else has done an Avelo plane in any scale except Gemini Jets. I have no confidence that NG is going to do an Avelo plane. I’m surprised Panda hasn’t even touched that subject yet!

You can be unsatisfied with a model and still buy it at the same time; just don’t be excessive with your complaining. I, for one, have kept my mouth shut about those problems because we all know what they are. It’s redundant to have it be brought up every time JC/GJ use that (or any other mould that gets frequent criticism) for a release. Being quiet about these issues when I want to buy a model makes me more likely to get it, especially if it’s a subject I desire.

I’ll disregard the part about variety of airlines because that’s a subjective topic and that debate could go on for hours. However, Gemini Jets is most certainly not after shutting down competition. If they were, they’d be getting into serious legal trouble, and it would be of my understanding that the supposed “letter” Gemini Jets sent to retailers several years ago about “if you’re selling NG Models, you will be cut from our retailer network” would violate laws regarding anti-competitive practices. I also understand that this “letter” would’ve essentially sent them on a kamikaze mission, killing any and all sales they could achieve from retailers, and they would go out of business themselves. This proved ineffective in its strategy anyway, as retailers are still selling both brands to this day, so I can reasonably conclude that this “letter” was false. I can guarantee they’re smart enough to realize that and disregard whatever retailers do with NG, and any other brand for that matter.

But it is NG that has the problems! That's a serious double standard.
I’m not sure where you’re getting the perception of a “double standard”; NG’s problems are more significant than just having mould and printing defects. It’s been made clear to me that NG has some kind of issues within management (what exactly is uncertain and I’m sure I’ll never know). Issues with just the models would constitute far less a response from me personally than issues with models and with management.

Gemini Jets is most certainly not after shutting down competition. If they were, they’d be getting into serious legal trouble, and it would be of my understanding that the supposed “letter” Gemini Jets sent to retailers several years ago about “if you’re selling NG Models, you will be cut from our retailer network” would violate laws regarding anti-competitive practices. I also understand that this “letter” would’ve essentially sent them on a kamikaze mission, killing any and all sales they could achieve from retailers, and they would go out of business themselves. This proved ineffective in its strategy anyway, as retailers are still selling both brands to this day, so I can reasonably conclude that this “letter” was false. I can guarantee they’re smart enough to realize that and disregard whatever retailers do with NG, and any other brand for that matter.

You are right in that other brands should have stayed out of this discussion, but since the topic has been brought up I have to say that while I am not familiar with the letter you are talking about, I have seen some signs that GJ has tried to brainwash some of the new/smaller retailers (those with little leverage) into not selling NG or anything non ADI/IF200 for that matter. Also it is quite obvious that ADI imposes a tariff of sorts on the Phoenix models they distribute in North America.

Other thing you hear sometimes is that GJ seeks exclusive airline licenses. Meaning that they spend money to ensure that they are the only ones legally allowed to produce models of certain airlines.

To be fair, just about any other 1:400 manufacturer also shows aggressive monopolistic tendencies.

It’s all business though, and it happens in every industry. And us as consumers shouldn’t care about what model brands do as long as we are getting the models we want.

And to reiterate, the NG Lite 741 has nothing to do with this, but I could see were Richard was coming from with that comment.