NG Models Official Wechat Post

I guess the most annoying thing of these MH 77E is that NG use the accidents as part of their promotion of the model itself... Releasing MRO and MRD is one thing, using MH370 and MH17 on promotion...😥😥 (The boxart features elements of MH370 and MH17 prominently, which to me is little uncomfortable)

Come to think of it, most brands choose to stay quiet when releasing their accident related aircraft like the Tropical duo - Especially if they're making SPK. PHX stick with the same design that focus on the livery itself and NOT on SQ006 for SPK.

It would have been less discomforting should NG take the approach of B-1791 of just going with the aircraft itself and NOT the accident.

P.s. Just added the boxarts for 9M-MRO and 9M-MRD.
c1ad7181-29cb-4664-8645-e4bbe447dcc6-1_all_42747.png
c1ad7181-29cb-4664-8645-e4bbe447dcc6-1_all_42749.png

I guess the most annoying thing of these MH 77E is that NG use the accidents as part of their promotion of the model itself... Releasing MRO and MRD is one thing, using MH370 and MH17 on promotion...😥😥 (The boxart features elements of MH370 and MH17 prominently, which to me is little uncomfortable)

Come to think of it, most brands choose to stay quiet when releasing their accident related aircraft like the Tropical duo - Especially if they're making SPK. PHX stick with the same design that focus on the livery itself and NOT on SQ006 for SPK.

But the whole point of the release is to mark the 10th anniversary of the accidents. They want people to know it. It's not just a random release of Malaysia 777. BTW I agree that the artwork is crap but not because it's offensive, but because it looks quite poorly done/poor taste.

IMHO, to avoid more controversies, NG could come up with a box like this:

a black or grey box, showing the artwork of the MH 777 (just like they always do), and a black ribbon of mourning.
A little text remembering the 10th anniversary of the crashes, and ending up with a disclaimer, letting people know that NG is taking this as a homage to the victims and a way of remembering these accidents (which are part of aviation history, we can't deny it). It would sound much more respectful and comforting.

Would be even better if they could donate a part of their profit to families of the victims or social organizations involved in the accident, but I guess that would be a stretch

Last edited:
They should make the box art just plain and simple, without all the flashy stickers and hashtags. Interesting how they didn't put their logo on it and the bottom left saying "747". Not sure why they added the Russian text on the MH17 one, now is not really a good time to remind them of what happened.

Wait there are still shops willing to sell them?!

I thought all Chinese shops just take them down due to "negative publicity" and NG is blamed as trying to gain from others misfortune...(吃人血馒头)

Btw Didn't someone just rushed to MH Social Media and want MH to intervene?🤯🤯
Not NG's first rodeo with accident airframes. Last year around the same time they teased B-1791, the 738 involved in China Eastern 5735. Someone over at DA.C linked us to a Chinese-language diecast model forum and I could tell there was a lot of outrage (I remember the phrase "吃人血馒头" being thrown around a fair bit). That didn't stop NG from releasing it though, they just made it member-exclusive.

I guess i'm one of the few who really don't see a problem in releasing these. I don't find it disrespectful at all. Maybe i'm just not that sensitive.
By the way, I don't see people moaning about the Singapore 747-400 "Tropical"...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's probably because nobody's released SPK in eons. People would be mad if someone were to drop it today.

Crash models are released all the time. JC Wings literally released the BMA 737-400 that crashed last year.

Personally, I don't have an issue with it. The events were a decade ago not yesterday. If these were American they've had made movies off of them by now!!

Crash models, especially those involved in famous crashes, give you something to talk about with non-airplane people and engage them with your collection.

I hate to break you guys the news, but we are all going to die, maybe some of us in a fiery airplane crash. I promise you after initial impact you won't care about it anymore. And for those left behind, there are ways to cope with the loss of loved ones and move on.

Official Statement from NGM

Due to the doubts and objections, we have decided to cancel the release of the following products. We apologize for the inconvenience and impact caused.

Cancelled - 72052 MH 777-200ER 9M-MRx Ultimate
Cancelled - 72057 MH 777-200ER 9M-MRx
Cancelled - 72053 MH 777-200ER 9M-MRx

Given the backlash they got on social media this is the right call IMO. Reactions on the forums (including here) were more mixed but social media was where it was panned by collectors.

If you want my honest opinion on these, I was torn on them. Both sides had compelling arguments for releasing it and not releasing it.

Given the backlash they got on social media this is the right call IMO. Reactions on the forums (including here) were more mixed but social media was where it was panned by collectors.

If you want my honest opinion on these, I was torn on them. Both sides had compelling arguments for releasing it and not releasing it.
The question is, will JC follow suit and cancel their own version as well.

JC's version has already been made so no chance of it being cancelled.

This situation is embarrassing and was entirely avoidable there's no other way to look at it.

Though, to be fair, there were many who'd wanted this model too. The Social Media comments just ended up working like Review Bombing does on Rotten Tomatoes - senseless and one-sided. Now there's a reverse clamour - by people who'd pre-ordered this already, or those who'd wanted it.

Doesn't help that NG's marketing department really is a piece of work too. That was some of the worst box art we've seen - with such a cringe-inducing promotion strategy.

Doesn't help that NG's marketing department really is a piece of work too. That was some of the worst box art we've seen - with such a cringe-inducing promotion strategy.
Yeah I think the box art was the worst part about it. If they had stuck with the same idea they had with the MH17 model, where it had a box of text stating "In memory of the 298 lost in the civil war", I feel that would have been miles more palatable.

NG: The list for the next round of redemption activities is out~

NG Models, July 29, 2024, 21:25

This round of the large summer points redemption event will start from 8 PM Beijing time (NOTE: UTC+8) on August 1 and end at 8 PM on August 10. You can check the detailed list of redeemable items online in the redemption mall.

1722314223026.png

LINK: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/kIxwrE3A4UW5fwIh-Wl2cQ
-------------------------------------------END-----------------------------------------

per my check on ng website, you can already view the items and their points required.
in general they are about 10-20points lower than previous round.

NG: New Way to Earn Bonus Points - Reservation Reward
NG Models, August 4, 2024, 18:19

Following the launch of the EarlyBird Reward last month, we have introduced another new way for our loyal fans to earn bonus points this month: the Reservation Reward. When a product you are interested in is on pre-sale, you can obtain a reservation code from the reservation center. Later, when you purchase the product and accumulate points, you can use the reservation code to receive an additional 20% bonus points (an extra 10% bonus for the first 100 reservations). This feature is currently in a trial phase, so interested fans can give it a try. Note: The reservation here is only for earning bonus points when you purchase the product and not a guarantee that the product will be reserved for you.

The third large-scale points redemption event of this year is in full swing. You should already feel the value of points—when you want to use them, there never seem to be enough; the more points, the better. Keep collecting these extra bonus points, and before you know it, you might just have enough for another model!
1722772333240.png

LINK: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/zlc0NBaIsx-hOjHnluZLOQ
--------------------------------------END------------------------------------------