NG Models Official Wechat Post

NG has released photos of the infamous Malaysian 777-200ER's that were thought to have been canceled on their Instagram. Note the simple boxes and the use of "WM Models" for the standard releases.
Screenshot_20240831_141040_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240831_141055_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20240831_141110_Instagram.jpg

NG has released photos of the infamous Malaysian 777-200ER's that were thought to have been canceled on their Instagram. Note the simple boxes and the use of "WM Models" for the standard releases.
View attachment 32733
View attachment 32734View attachment 32735
I’m a little confused by this. Full disclosure, I was pretty spilt on the initial announcement, though if you ask me now, I didn’t mind it being made in the first place. However, the fact they went ahead and announced its cancellation, then proceeded to release photos of the models acting like they never said anything about the cancellation baffles me. The mixed signals they’re giving here isn’t the best look IMO.

I’m a little confused by this. Full disclosure, I was pretty spilt on the initial announcement, though if you ask me now, I didn’t mind it being made in the first place. However, the fact they went ahead and announced its cancellation, then proceeded to release photos of the models acting like they never said anything about the cancellation baffles me. The mixed signals they’re giving here isn’t the best look IMO.
Yeah I'm very very surprised to see these model photos. Perplexing to say the least

View attachment 32733
View attachment 32734View attachment 32735
No wonder I have heard rumours about the MH duo that NG is still looking at ways to release them after that disastrous announcement - now they come up with a dummy brand to circumvent possible backlash...

From what I heard NG has already completed the models and is just awaiting delivery when they announced them - so they do look for solutions to release these 777s despite cancelling them as a NG release.

For me it's fine to release these models, the empty box art is much better than the previous designs.

Is it true that there won't be any September releases?
Haven't heard anything that suggests they'll be skipping September. If they did though, that would definitely be disappointing and would possibly be another sign of cost-cutting (fewer releases = fewer production costs, although it's easy to assume they'd want to produce and sell new models to make profit).

Haven't heard anything that suggests they'll be skipping September. If they did though, that would definitely be disappointing and would possibly be another sign of cost-cutting (fewer releases = fewer production costs, although it's easy to assume they'd want to produce and sell new models to make profit).
Per source, the Sep hints will be out this few days.
NG are releasing these for Sep 2024.... Also another model on there website for Sep 2024 is the JAL B787-8 Expo 2025 livery, so looks like there will definitely be Sep releases.
yes, I've actually seen some collectors received the 1:200 C919 CA and CZ already. so 1:400 can expected to reach the market sooner than later.
RT:
1725330683736.jpeg

“Thirty Years of Sailing Through Wind and Rain Together, B-2445 Thanks You!” Customized Service and the Launch of the New 747-400 Model

NG Models - September 9, 2024, 19:55

Thirty years of sailing through wind and rain together,

Not only have we flown with you,

But we have also made history together.

B-2445,

Thank you for being with us!

(The above text is from the banner at the farewell ceremony for Air China B-2445)

Steps for the Customized B-2445 Version (1:400) Service:

• September: Reservation. You can immediately visit the official website's reservation center to obtain a reservation code. During this period, the new 747-400 model will be released. A successful reservation will consume 1 point.
  • October: Registration. Register with the reservation code at designated partner stores (details for store registration will be announced separately). Delivery services will be provided by the partner stores, with a service fee and shipping costs (specific fees to be announced later).
  • November: Delivery. Once the product is completed, it will be shipped to the stores for delivery.
The release is a collectible edition, offering premium packaging, a new alloy stand, a customized certificate, and an electronic reservation list for commemoration. The custom package is rich in content!

Let us create history together, like B-2445, and enjoy an extraordinary experience!
1725883658665.png
(If the number of reservations is too low, this project may be canceled.)

LINK: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/GLIi188RVD0LH6M1oW7mkw
-----------------------------------------------END----------------------------------------

Personally, i'd wait and see how their new 744 mould looks before making the reservation.
plus, there are two more 744 in Air China fleet, B-2447 and B-2472. so it's not the last queen in CA fleet.

Personally, i'd wait and see how their new 744 mould looks before making the reservation.
plus, there are two more 744 in Air China fleet, B-2447 and B-2472. so it's not the last queen in CA fleet.
The sample didn't have a whole lot of issues, apart from the flaps and wing root. But I'm expecting this first release to have the customary printing issues.

Mould aside, it's anyone's guess as to how well they'll use it.

Last edited:
You'd think they'd have been the first ones NG would have used, considering how much they've used their A330's
absolutely. I mean those lovely original foam boxes of theirs literally had 'A340' formed into them. And now with PHX's A340s resurgence (which of course I'm glad for as I have bought almost all of the recent ones announced), we'll probably see even less of NG's A340s, if ever that is.

But if you notice, they haven't really used their A330s as much as they could have - and thus I've been picking up a few of PHX's in recent months. This month's PHX set is another stellar example of the mould's usage.

A pity, considering how good NG's A330s are (and thus by extension, their A340s would/should be)