NG Models June 2024 Hints

There's nothing wrong with NG being a Chinese company, but them taking suggestions exclusively from Chinese ppl (who happen to have an insatiable appetite for gaudy specials) does piss me off.
Just curious if you have the same problem with Gemini Jets producing American, Delta, Hawaiian and Emirates month after month because people request and buy them and keep the company afloat, just like the gaudy specials.

Also, I do agree with you about the specials being gaudy. Some of the liveries that appear look like they've parked a plane in a dark alley and the local youth have gone to town with a spray can.

Last edited:
Just curious if you have the same problem with Gemini Jets producing American, Delta, Hawaiian and Emirates month after month because people request and buy them and keep the company afloat, just like the gaudy specials.
Incoming wall of text... I don't at all, for two reasons:

1) GJ is hamstrung by licensing. Hence, they are obligated to produce certain airlines, while others block them from doing so. I know this because KAL threw a hissy fit after a GJ release back in 2023, and blocked GJ from making more models of their aircraft. NG doesn’t give a hoot about licensing, so all their antics are purely their own choice.

2) I don't care enough about GJ400 to be bothered by their releases. NG meets the quality standards and I want quality models of planes I like, so it's infuriating when they keep wasting their moulds.

As for the financial side, my criteria (SQ/CX/KE widebodies) is among the lowest hanging fruit in the entire industry. Guaranteed to make bank. I wouldn't be slandering NG as much if I collected obscure African LCCs.

Last edited:
Incoming wall of text... I don't at all, for two reasons:

1) GJ is hamstrung by licensing. Hence, they are obligated to produce certain airlines, while others block them from doing so. I know this because KAL threw a hissy fit after a GJ release back in 2023, and blocked GJ from making more models of their aircraft. NG doesn’t give a hoot about licensing, so all their antics are purely their own choice.

2) I don't care enough about GJ400 to be bothered by their releases. NG meets the quality standards and I want quality models of planes I like, so it's infuriating when they keep wasting their moulds.

As for the financial side, my criteria (SQ/CX/KE widebodies) is among the lowest hanging fruit in the entire industry. They're guaranteed to make bank. I wouldn't be slandering NG as much if I collected obscure African LCCs.
A lot of good points. I agree with you on the low hanging fruit, there are a lot of decent options being left on the table.

I have no problems with the Chinese airlines and special schemes as long as the mainstream options eventually flow through, funded in part by the sales of the specials etc.

Why is no one talking about the kuwait airways a330-800 and -900? Think that has to be a good release from this less than ideal set
Right.
  • I'm picking one up - will be lovely alongside the 332 of theirs. Would have preferred two versions of the tail logo - but I can understand they'd wanna avoid that since JC recently released it.
  • The Qantas Freight - we knew it was coming and glad to have that as a counterpart to the earlier one -
  • One of the CZ A350s - one of the best looking A350s out there - that scheme slays on any aircraft frankly
  • AA 762 - glad I held off on that AC one
I'll wait for NG to do a Ron Allen DL 763, and the classic Widgets (even though I picked the recent PHX one - I'd gladly pick all the ones NG will make) - if these operated in both engine versions, and they make each , they're coming home. Hoping NG will do a Ron Allen 764 - that's frankly the only version I'd be interested in

Last edited:
I'll wait for NG to do a Ron Allen DL 763, and the classic Widgets (even though I picked the recent PHX one - I'd gladly pick all the ones NG will make) - if these operated in both engine versions, and they make each , they're coming home. Hoping NG will do a Ron Allen 764 - that's frankly the only version I'd be interested in
I would love to see N102DA with its respective liveries, Habitat For Humanity 763, and the BCRF 764 (old and new). Although they should do the non-special schemes first, as they seem notorious for just specials now...

it doesn't look like panda has ng pre orders anymore, i pre ordered my ng may releases from waffle - he seems to get them in first.
Same. Seems like Panda does get some stock of newer NG models but wondering how reliable they are to wait on for items still in pre order elsewhere but not listed on Panda. I used to purchase from them often because of free shipping and the coupon code.

I hope we see some announcements about the A350-1000. Dont see NG using that very often. Only 3 releases in A35K till now. BA Etihad Qatar and Cathay with another repeat of the Virgin Atlantic A35K.

Does Panda not list any NG pre-orders? I don't see the May/June releases listed.
They don't list new pre-orders until way down the road, but they always get around to it eventually. As a result they tend to have pre- order models in stock when other retailers are sold out. Great customer service too.