NG Models June 2024 Hints

Same. Seems like Panda does get some stock of newer NG models but wondering how reliable they are to wait on for items still in pre order elsewhere but not listed on Panda. I used to purchase from them often because of free shipping and the coupon code.
We will have our NG by Friday and Saturday should be up on the site. We typically get NG pretty quick once they ship

I mean they have to be selling, only explanation to why they can make so many new moulds.
Surely. Whilst keeping production costs low.
These must be to recoup capital investments in the short term.
Hopefully, we'll start seeing a difference in the next few months

A profit-seeking company ignoring popular subjects is puzzling, irrespective of criteria.

Why should a China based, Chinese speaking "Made in China" manufacturer NOT prefer Chinese subjects? If I have to choose a product to set up my resources for and have the choice of two products yielding equal revenue, I take the lower hanging fruit.
Adding to that, considering all costs and markups for international distribution etc. I'd think their per unit profits are higher on the Chinese subjects.

And let's not forget: diecast models are not a business you're usually in for the profit but for the passion. My "Made in Germany" brand would hardly do anything Chinese but would focus on stuff that me and my team prefers granted the market could pay us for.
Hardly can blame NG for doing just that when they have direct access to a huge and rapidly growing market.

Why should a China based, Chinese speaking "Made in China" manufacturer NOT prefer Chinese subjects?
Who said anything about that? I'm annoyed at NG ignoring certain subjects, not at them preferring Chinese ones. You can totally have China-centric release sets while sprinkling in a bit of the other stuff.

Who said anything about that? I'm annoyed at NG ignoring certain subjects, not at them preferring Chinese ones. You can totally have China-centric release sets while sprinkling in a bit of the other stuff.
it makes a lot of sense why NG makes a lot of Chinese models, that being said they have done extremely well devolving their new molds and getting them to us very fast. NG is killing it right now, without them we wouldn't know what an accurate model aircraft would be. gj, phx, jc, av400, panda air all mid brands with bad overall molds trying to copy ng

Why dosent NG ever do Cathay. With the A350 1000 they can do a British Airways Etihad Qatar and Virgin . Very soon we will see the Ethiopian A350 1000.
Wonder if it has anything to do with foreign relations? Hong Kong being a turbulent territory in recent news. Not making this political debate but it could be NG trying to avoid government issues with the ruling party in China. Then again, they’ve made China Airlines from Taiwan so I could be speaking out of my behind.

Wonder if it has anything to do with foreign relations? Hong Kong being a turbulent territory in recent news. Not making this political debate but it could be NG trying to avoid government issues with the ruling party in China. Then again, they’ve made China Airlines from Taiwan so I could be speaking out of my behind.
That was my thinking too - but they did the CX Tristars.

My hunch is that, in their view - it's a subject covered extensively by other manufacturers.
Which, I can attest to - all the CX moderns - 350s / 777s I have, are from JC / Av400 - I don't have any released by PHX - but they exist. And 2 A333s from PM and NG (under different random brand names )

Last edited:
Quite a few did, my post was on a more general note.
You seem to be annoyed by them not making KE/SQ/CX and mainly listening to their home market. All in all we seem to agree to almost 100% (except the subject) but from a business point of view I don't see much wrong with what they are doing these days. Do I like it? Sure not. I HATE special liveries/stickers and repeats. We had quite a few nice "specials" in Germany as well (Hapag-Lloyd, Germania..., sure would I prefer the standard colors) but I accept that I live in a market that seems pretty niche in contrast to NG's China.

Btw, I'd really be interested in their sales figures, particularly for their domestic market. I wouldn't want to bet on a "standard" KE, SQ, LH... model selling stronger globally than a Chinese special cs domestically stand alone.
Anyone with some insights?

Well they have made some models from India too and the situation between India and China at this moment is not too great. I think they don't want to do Cathay and Singapore due to strict licensing issues. But then they roll out Delta without licensing.

My hunch is that, in their view - it's a subject covered extensively by other manufacturers.
I also tend to believe that's the case, you see NG has released the Tristars and 777 both in CX retro liveries so it should be more of a choice rather than a restriction (no to do so). at least in the diecast model plane world, there is no any political restriction. (even CN company is making Taiwan airlines with ROC flag). (ONE CHINA!)

Btw, I'd really be interested in their sales figures, particularly for their domestic market. I wouldn't want to bet on a "standard" KE, SQ, LH... model selling stronger globally than a Chinese special cs domestically stand alone.
Anyone with some insights?
I dont have many insights, but based on my observation, NG seems to be expanding its sales network quite aggressively this year with many new retailers on Taobao. not to mention their retail price is the most expensive among all the 400 brands. and people are still buying (with criticism of being more and more expensive as well).

on the other hand, LH and SQ are also among the top favorite overseas airliners in CN market, probably only come after ANA/JAL. so if NG chooses to release these two (which they have for LH at least) should be also selling quite well.
but then again, LH and SQ are covered quite well by PH/JC/AV so to avoid direct competition.

as for the love for special liveries, perhaps what I can think of is that, despite there's huge domestic aviation market, there's limited number of airlines in China, so it could easily run into repeated releases if they stick to standard livery. plus Chinese airlines love different special liveries for different promotion/campaign/commercial purposes, so we end up seeing loads of special liveries as we do today. compare with other small EU/Africa/South American airlines in standard livery, NG can make easy (and boring) decision to secure their revenue.

anyway, it is what it is, and hopefully we can see some changes in the coming month.

I also tend to believe that's the case, you see NG has released the Tristars and 777 both in CX retro liveries so it should be more of a choice rather than a restriction (no to do so). at least in the diecast model plane world, there is no any political restriction. (even CN company is making Taiwan airlines with ROC flag). (ONE CHINA!)

I dont have many insights, but based on my observation, NG seems to be expanding its sales network quite aggressively this year with many new retailers on Taobao. not to mention their retail price is the most expensive among all the 400 brands. and people are still buying (with criticism of being more and more expensive as well).

on the other hand, LH and SQ are also among the top favorite overseas airliners in CN market, probably only come after ANA/JAL. so if NG chooses to release these two (which they have for LH at least) should be also selling quite well.
but then again, LH and SQ are covered quite well by PH/JC/AV so to avoid direct competition.

as for the love for special liveries, perhaps what I can think of is that, despite there's huge domestic aviation market, there's limited number of airlines in China, so it could easily run into repeated releases if they stick to standard livery. plus Chinese airlines love different special liveries for different promotion/campaign/commercial purposes, so we end up seeing loads of special liveries as we do today. compare with other small EU/Africa/South American airlines in standard livery, NG can make easy (and boring) decision to secure their revenue.

anyway, it is what it is, and hopefully we can see some changes in the coming month.
Gemini Jets recently did a Q&A and they actually explained their sales data reflects Chinese buyers purchase more special liveries whereas Western buyers prefer normal liveries. Explains why NG targets special liveries with Chinese airlines but usually releases regular liveries with European/US airlines.