NG Models January 2024 Release Hints

TWA Tristar would be welcome. There's a few variations still to be done. Especially with the anti glares.
And then hopefully we get the Eastern ones - we've been trolled enough with those hybrids 😆

And hopefully at some point the reg will read N10___ for that PSA....... although they mostly won't modify the mould as they didn't for the Worldways

I really hope it's PR-XTA in the delivery TAM scheme with 'America's 1st A350' sticker on or PR-XTB/C in the TAM scheme 🤞🤞🤞 - had been suggesting this to NG (to the point of nagging I admit lol) quite some time ago - and I really hope we get the TAM 'classic' scheme and not any of the LATAM PR-XT_ ones 😬😬😬
Face-palm alert - it's most likely PR-AOY that they'd announced as 'future release' earlier 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

TWA Tristar would be welcome. There's a few variations still to be done. Especially with the anti glares.
And then hopefully we get the Eastern ones - we've been trolled enough with those hybrids 😆

And hopefully at some point the reg will read N10___ for that PSA....... although they mostly won't modify the mould as they didn't for the Worldways
Pretty sure they said they would go about doing that for the PSA L-1011's. It's just a shame with the Worldways one we didn't have it but still

Wonder how many of these will be inevitably delayed, especially with CNY coming very soon.

Just bizarre why they don’t focus on catching up and releasing the many late models from previous months.

For quite some time now I have had a list of around 10 Phoenix models that I'm tempted to buy but wanted to wait for NG (the 767s and A340s as well as Turkmenistan 777 etc).

After seeing this release set I just went ahead and pulled the trigger. Where's the new A340 and 767 mould? At this rate I don't even expect them to come out this year TBH. It just seems like some airlines are haunted. Aside from the Southwest 737, dreadful release set.

I'd be down for a TWA Tristar since I missed their previous ones.

N26xxx, N22xxx, N41xxx should be the three Southwest Heart livery 73Gs that were announced as future releases. Been looking forward to those but am tempering my enthusiasm until we see how the colors turn out.

here-are-some-images-of-drdos-a319-anusadhan-a-flying-test-v0-g28zs7853y8a1.jpg

I'll be super impressed / thrilled / pleasantly surprised / excited if the VT- A319 turns out to be this - the DRDO test bed.

I like collecting at least one 'grey military version' of a civilian craft - and if it's this unique one, that'll be something.

Last edited:
For quite some time now I have had a list of around 10 Phoenix models that I'm tempted to buy but wanted to wait for NG (the 767s and A340s as well as Turkmenistan 777 etc).

After seeing this release set I just went ahead and pulled the trigger. Where's the new A340 and 767 mould? At this rate I don't even expect them to come out this year TBH. It just seems like some airlines are haunted. Aside from the Southwest 737, dreadful release set.
your quandary resonates with mine too - Given their track record it'll take NG a while with their 767s & A340s - and even if they do, they may not end up repeating subject matter that's just been released recently or what NG would deem too 'niche' - unless I guess they see (in their own way) a larger demand (perhaps) - right now they seem to be an engima - unless they are preparing for an onslaught (!!!!!) - but all of this is just pure speculation anyway.
PH has great A340s - and yes, they won't be upto NG's standards - but they're best in class right now (until NG's enter production - and in the absence of the PMs). Their subject matter is fabulous (shout out and thanks to @DTcustoms !!!!) - and I'd get these, even if later NG produces them - I'd get those too (I'm a sucker for quads and especially A340s lol)
PHs 763s are great these days too and with their excellent subject matter - so they're not a bad bet at all - as long as you're okay with their not-a-deal-breaker-kind-of limitations that @YesterAirlines has nicely written about on his blog - especially in the recent AA Vignelli review.

This is likely going to be a very boring set. Time and time again we see the same regions and same airlines. Although there are typically some decent to good choices in each set, the repetition and duplication outweighs a lot of the momentum that NG could be building. Some questions I have about this set are:
  • More Australian 747-SPs??? How about more 757s? There's still plenty of liveries to choose from.
  • More potential re-releases of recently made aircraft (e.g. AeroMexico 737-700)??? Re-releases should only come every few years at the earliest, and there's LOTS of better choices out there for re-releases, such as:
    • Singapore A350-900
    • Qantas 787-9
    • ANA 787-8, -9
    • FedEx 757-200
  • More Korean narrowbodies??? Where are the widebodies??? Collectors are begging for Korean widebodies.
We desperately need more geographic and carrier diversity. I'd be a whole lot more excited by these release sets if they had more variety, even if most of the aircraft are outside my collection criteria. I really want to be surprised by these sets.

I hope the three Canadian Max 8s are Air Canada, WestJet (new livery), and WestJet (old livery - or maybe Sunwing?). I fear though that we're getting three more Swoops. Swoop just recently went defunct and had just 16 aircraft in its fleet. It wasn't a big carrier by any means. Why have we gotten three 99.9% identical Swoop 737-800s, with the possibility for three more Max 8s??? It's just so bizarre that NG fixates on stuff like this. I'm not entirely against splitting registrations across a release, but three nearly identical aircraft is downright excessive and having lots of near duplicates in each set is tiring and repetitive.

As much as I'm happy for us to be getting the long-awaited Southwest Heart livery 737-700s, I'm concerned that the blue will once again be too dark. I honestly don't have much hope that it'll be fixed, given the renders that NG gave us. It's an uncharacteristic mistake for NG to make, which is disappointing to see, especially on long-awaited releases.

Does anyone know when NG’s supposed to announce? It’s been a few days since the hints came out, usually they have the releases out by this point.

Surely can't be worse than this right? Only up from here! 😁
I agree this is a truly awful set. Some incredible choices here and not in a good way. Who even needed the Buchannan ATA hybrid L-1011 let alone a second one with a minor change. Almost all of these releases are a waste of time. The Air Travel A320 and the Tu-154s are about the only thing to raise any interest