NG Models 747-8

Teaser image from NG. Nose seems a little more bulbous at the bottom, not sure.
View attachment 13840
To be completely honest, I don’t mind the inaccuracies on the 747SP. I can see the problem, but to me at least, it is so minor that I don’t notice it when the model is on display. Don’t get me wrong, I love my models to be accurate, but this is something that I can overlook. However, from the looks of this image, the problem has been resolved. I am looking forward to adding at least 1 of these into my collection soon.

To be completely honest, I do not mind the inaccuracies on the 747SP. I can see the difference in shape, but to me at least, it is so minor that I don’t notice it when the model is on display. Don’t get me wrong, I love my models to be accurate, but this is something that I can overlook. However, from the looks of this image, the nose shape has been completely re-made! I am looking forward to adding at least 1 of these into my collection soon.
Agreed, I actually have no issue with the SP's nose shape. To this day I don't really understand what the inaccuracy is, although I'm sure it's a valid criticism if so many are voicing it.

Anyhow, Richard's opinion seems to be positive and a lot of important details (belly intakes, wing leading edge kink) seem to have been replicated. Monday night couldn't come sooner!

The teaser is merely a marketing image, I honestly wouldn't consider this image when talking about a possible "nose job" for the NG 747.
But anyway, I agree that NG will probably show us another fantastic product and probably with a great nose section too!

Last edited:
Richard's review is up!
Yup, already read it. There is something about the nose that doesn't seem quite right to me, but I can't put my finger on it. I think it might be the window line and cockpit printing, they both look a bit odd. The rest of the mould looks great, and I am hoping NG will fix the other minor issues (Engine fan blade direction, nose gear height, etc, etc.)

Yup, already read it. There is something about the nose that doesn't seem quite right, but I can't put my finger on it. I think it might be the window and cockpit printing, they both look a bit odd.
From the pic with the windows erased, the nose seems a little too sharp? The cockpit windows also look a little too large.

From the pic with the windows erased, the nose seems a little too sharp? The cockpit windows also look a little too large.
Yep, that seems to be the problem. The cockpit windows are a bit too tall and the angle from the roof to the cockpit windows is a bit too sharp IMO.