YY Models - New Brand & New 747-8I Mould

This goes under the radar because from what I have seen, only 1 or 2 places offer the flaps down version. The regular LH also has the FD option as well. Oops and that “Scal” printed on the box irritates me a bit.
IMG_0660.jpeg

P/s: I will try my best to review the Herpa 1/400 Lufthansa B748 exclusive model at the livery unveiling event, which appears to be based on this mould and the first ever to be produced using the tooling. The model should arrive at my place after Lunar New Year. I might compare it with my GJ LH ones and the Air China YY Wings for reference.

Last edited:
P/s: I will try my best to review the Herpa 1/400 Lufthansa B748 exclusive model at the livery unveiling event, which appears to be based on this mould and the first ever to be produced using the tooling. The model should arrive at my place after Lunar New Year. I might compare it with my GJ LH ones and the Air China YY Wings for reference.

Looking at the photos more I'm convinced the Herpa model was using the JC mould now.

My YY Wings 747-8I has arrived and I'm writing the review of it now. I am actually quite impressed. I'd say it is the 2nd best 747-8I mould.

Looking at the photos more I'm convinced the Herpa model was using the JC mould now.
That was my initial thought when the model was being known to the public. By that time only JC/GJ and PHX are releasing the 748s and the features aren’t that of PHX. So naturally it should be JC with that landing gear style and wing-to-body fairing. But I need to have the model on my hand first, which takes a bit longer than my anticipation.
It is the JC mould. Herpa have a long standing business relationship with JC Wings, in 1/200 but also in 1/400.
I would agree by this statement regarding the releationship between both too. The recent CX exclusive 744 VR-HOP was made using their by-then new 744 mould. Also the Lufthansa Cargo B77L DB Schenker which I have in my collection was also made by JCW (albeit Herpa’s copy has less details i.e: under-body details than that of the GJ/JC).