Gemini Jets January 2024 Release Predictions

What a turning point for GJ in this new set. Something new and exotic. My bet for the A300 is that it is in fact a new mould, a variant production from the long-announced new A310 which has yet to see the light of the day. If it’s an entirely new casting, then it shall be a direct competition to AC’s iteration. However, the only question remains: will it feature a generic one-size-fit-all engine?
A Delta A310 would be really nice

Amazing release set for me, of course the Delta CRJ-900 is a must-have, but the Delta 757-200 Widget is my favorite plane with my favorite livery, so I might also get that. That KLM E195-E2 also looks very good.

Great set (type-livery). Great diversity (aircraft type).
- that's a great choice for a 732 - just not sure about what mods they'll do now to their ok-ok mould
- the much awaited DL 752 with the bare metal tail cone will still be welcome if it were on another great mould from elsewhere that isn't being used wisely
- looking forward to this A300 mould. Hopefully they get it right - wondering whether they have only this - 600 version now, or the entire type range.
- awaiting the colourful Azul E2s
- surprised that GJ releases a sought after model like the DL crj in such close proximity - uncharacteristic of them

Nothing I'll buy from this set for now

Last edited:
Great set. Great diversity.
- that's a great choice for a 732 - just not sure about what mods they'll do now to their ok-ok mould
- the much awaited DL 752 with the bare metal tail cone will still be welcome if it were on another great mould from elsewhere that isn't being used wisely
- looking forward to this A300 mould. Hopefully they get it right - wondering whether they have only this - 600 version now, or the entire type range.
- awaiting the colourful Azul E2s
- surprised that GJ releases a sought after model like the DL crj in such close proximity - uncharacteristic of them

Nothing I'll buy from this set for now
I'm curious as to how diverse it actually is.
I mean we've got Atlas (Atlas was in the Dec releases), Delta (which has been in every GJ release since the dawn of time almost), United (refer to Delta notes) and Emirates (Okay, this is a bit diverse given it's an A300).

Not being an apologist for NG but people jump up and down and say they are not diverse enough but GJ get praise from pumping out the same airlines month after month?

I mean we've got Atlas (Atlas was in the Dec releases), Delta (which has been in every GJ release since the dawn of time almost), United (refer to Delta notes) and Emirates (Okay, this is a bit diverse given it's an A300).

Not being an apologist for NG but people jump up and down and say they are not diverse enough but GJ get praise from pumping out the same airlines month after month?
I agree with what you state actually - and I wish to clarify. Diversity in terms of aircraft types - however yes - not in terms of airlines.
I'm probably also jumping the gun - as you rightly state - because these are standard GJ airlines. Probably I'm just glad to see them on different types or different combo (like the much needed DL widget on the 752)

I agree with you that NG unfairly get a beating - and that makers like GJ make one small move and then the (broadly American) collectors tend to be overjoyed at it - I think why I'm perhaps happy with this set (even though there's nothing in it for me) is this:

Keeping in mind GJs very small release set (in big production numbers)
- new moulds actually being used
- range of types
- making supposedly 'niche' classic airlines like Aviatsa
- making long awaited models

You're right too - that since our expectations from GJ aren't great - this seems to be great as a set

Perhaps it isn't. PH arguably had a great set. As did AC. NG has always had great sets - I'm one of their biggest supporters and I also buy NG's more than I do other brands for obvious reasons of quality and accuracy - so for me, it isn't a comparison to other brands perhaps, as much as it is a comparison to their own previous release sets.

Yes I would like GJ to make more daring choices. And to update their moulds. And stop using outdated moulds

It's actually not that diverse indeed. It's an ordinary Gemini Jets batch. However, this one got a few surprises.

Atlas, Delta, United, Emirates are indeed absolutely nothing new. The exciting news here are the A300, which is a new mould for GJ, and the Honduras B737-200, since it's an exotic release and also marks the "revival" of a B737-200 release.
The Delta 757 is also quite nice because of the Widget scheme.

So basically these highlights are the ones getting some love. No one really seems to care about the United 787s or the Atlas 747 which were also present here. It seems the Gemini Macs releases also failed to get some attention here 😆

So basically these highlights are the ones getting some love. No one really seems to care about the United 787s or the Atlas 747 which were also present here. It seems the Gemini Macs releases also failed to get some attention here 😆
I frankly didn't care to even notice I admit 😂about the Atlas alas and the United 787s.
My algorithm just ignored their presence when I was initially responding 😂😂😂
I call faux pas on my own previous adulation of this GJ set 🤣🙈😁

The 'Aircraft' in the Emirates A300 artwork, now that I see it, looks really weird. If that's a projection drawing from their actual 3D CAD software, then I'll be concerned.
You are right. Ok seeing this artwork I am almost 100% certain that this is the Jet-X mould as the shape of the image here around the cockpit and the lines around the wing (which match the seamlines of the Jet-X mould) appear to be clear giveaways:

GJUAE2231.jpg
1_aadd0d77989985e32ce2140f22bd88e9.jpg

You are right. Ok seeing this artwork I am almost 100% certain that this is the Jet-X mould as the shape of the image here around the cockpit and the lines around the wing (which match the seamlines of the Jet-X mould) appear to be clear giveaways:

View attachment 26484
View attachment 26485
Yes very clearly - this is the CAD 2D projection drawing of that Jet-X mould - and well, long sigh........!!! it's clearly thus a typical GJ 'contractual fulfilment' model - and we shouldn't get our hopes high for a 2024 level mould.
Okay I'm now pissed at GJ for this deception lol 😂. How we got taken for a ride lol.
The AC A300 is safe from competition for now I guess, and hopefully they'll get that bendy wing issue sorted out whenever they release one next.

It's actually not that diverse indeed. It's an ordinary Gemini Jets batch. However, this one got a few surprises.

Atlas, Delta, United, Emirates are indeed absolutely nothing new. The exciting news here are the A300, which is a new mould for GJ, and the Honduras B737-200, since it's an exotic release and also marks the "revival" of a B737-200 release.
The Delta 757 is also quite nice because of the Widget scheme.

I noticed the three RAAF BBJs but have no interest as they've only had since 2003 to release them and all of a sudden when a much superior version comes along they decide to do it.

Yes very clearly - this is the CAD 2D projection drawing of that Jet-X mould - and well, long sigh........!!! it's clearly thus a typical GJ 'contractual fulfilment' model - and we shouldn't get our hopes high for a 2024 level mould.
Okay I'm now pissed at GJ for this deception lol 😂. How we got taken for a ride lol.
The AC A300 is safe from competition for now I guess, and hopefully they'll get that bendy wing issue sorted out whenever they release one next.
I was really looking forward to a new A300 mold and the possibility of several FedEx tail numbers...