Gemini Jets December Release predictions

Atlspotter

Hey everyone,
We are well into the month of November and Gemini still haven’t posted their releases or any hints, so I thought it might be about time for this thread. Since it’s so late in the month, my theory is it might be a larger release set, but for both December and January. Still, we could get some good releases. I’m hoping for a Hawaiian A330-200 as always, maybe some Delta A321s, but overall I’m quite happy with their releases up to now. Maybe a regular livery Alaska 737-900 or Max 9 would be nice. Interested to see all of your guys’ thoughts!

Part of me hopes to see the E195 E2 in 1:400. I would expect the American A321 heritages to be done as well, probably in one scale only. I suspect another MD-80 will be done, if I had to pick an airline for this I would go with Northwest Bowling Shoe.

As for when these releases could be announced: the November releases have yet to arrive at the warehouse, though GJ has said they’re “on approach”, so I think in the next week or so they will arrive and be sent to retailers, then the week after the December set will be announced. In this case I would estimate an announcement the week of Dec 3-9 or 10-16.

Part of me hopes to see the E195 E2 in 1:400. I would expect the American A321 heritages to be done as well, probably in one scale only. I suspect another MD-80 will be done, if I had to pick an airline for this I would go with Northwest Bowling Shoe.

As for when these releases could be announced: the November releases have yet to arrive at the warehouse, though GJ has said they’re “on approach”, so I think in the next week or so they will arrive and be sent to retailers, then the week after the December set will be announced. In this case I would estimate an announcement the week of Dec 3-9 or 10-16.
That Northwest MD-80 would be very welcome indeed. And so would Republic, either scheme.

Probably something Emirates and from North America and stuff that has most likely been done or announced by manufacturers with better moulds and QC.

wondering why haven't NG and Phoenix touched any Emirates stuff since they never seem to care about licensing anyway (e.g. NG Delta)
NG's an enigma. There's zero reason for them to shaft Singapore or Cathay to the extent that they do, yet it keeps happening. I suppose the same logic applies for Emirates. Or EK's licensing is particularly stingy, and AV400 is just really ballsy.

wondering why haven't NG and Phoenix touched any Emirates stuff since they never seem to care about licensing anyway (e.g. NG Delta)
Because of what I mentioned above. Gemini and Emirates are VERY protective of their arrangement. NG and Phoenix just don’t want to poke the bear. Aviation400’s being very brave with the Emirates 777, I wouldn’t be surprised if they got slapped with a legal threat from Gemini and EK.

Given this info Todd gave us and doing a bit of math it’s been 5 years in between the 1st and 2nd release. 4 years between the 2nd and 3rd. And if there were to be a release this year it would be another 5 years since then. I think Todd is giving us a teaser for December in this case. My guess is we will get another AA MD-80 in 1:200?

IMG_1759.jpegIMG_1760.jpeg

GJ announced the American A321 PSA and Piedmont retro jets as future releases on their website.

Given this info Todd gave us and doing a bit of math it’s been 5 years in between the 1st and 2nd release. 4 years between the 2nd and 3rd. And if there were to be a release this year it would be another 5 years since then. I think Todd is giving us a teaser for December in this case. My guess is we will get another AA MD-80 in 1:200?

View attachment 24619View attachment 24620
Would be nice if so. The black nose variant hasn’t been made by them, so if they do it again that’s the one I want to see.

GJ predictions are so boring. Gemini is always too predicable...
I have the feeling they focus more on the 1/200 scale market and drop 1/400 more and more. There are even more monthly releases in 1/200 than in 1/400. I think this has changed in 2023.

I have the feeling they focus more on the 1/200 scale market and drop 1/400 more and more. There are even more monthly releases in 1/200 than in 1/400. I think this has changed in 2023.

I get the feeling 400 scale makes them the money but the owners themselves collect 200 scale so are more intersted in it. The number of 400 scale releases has remained fairly steady and at a corporate deal level I'd think it is the 400 scale that forms the major part of these.