Pricing

SmallTimeAviation

Now that Midwest Model has been bought out, I've noticed their prices have soared (all things considered). Ali used to price them to be fairly competitive, but now not so much. For example, the new GJ American Eagle Dash-8:

Midwest Model: $66.95
JetCollector: $40.95
Waffle: $38.95
Diecast Airplane Store/Airline Museum: $39.96
West Coast Diecast: $43

They're charging ~$10-$12 more than the rest for the DL 767-400 as well. I can't justify overspending when I don't have to. I guess this is more of a WTF post, more than anything, but it just irritates me seeing a place that used to be competitive with other retailers just jack their prices up.

Wow that is odd. That looks more like the MSRP price Gemini give out than any sensible price people actually charge.

I'm not sure who is actually in control of Midwest anymore.

Wow that is odd. That looks more like the MSRP price Gemini give out than any sensible price people actually charge.

I'm not sure who is actually in control of Midwest anymore.
That would make sense, but unlike most sites where they have the MSRP crossed out and have their price, Midwest doesn't.

Now that Midwest Model has been bought out, I've noticed their prices have soared (all things considered). Ali used to price them to be fairly competitive, but now not so much. For example, the new GJ American Eagle Dash-8:

They're charging ~$10-$12 more than the rest for the DL 767-400 as well. I can't justify overspending when I don't have to. I guess this is more of a WTF post, more than anything, but it just irritates me seeing a place that used to be competitive with other retailers just jack their prices up.
Well now we know what type of experience they have.

Pricing is key for me in the UK. To be fair a lot of the time I use Aircraft Model Store due to decent prices but more so because I can earn British Airways Avios points through them.

Other than that, Aviation Retail Direct are decently priced but Bedfordshire Diecast are normally the cheapest and are very good too.

They wait for the model to sell out everywhere else, knowing that people will eventually start buying from them at that price when it's rare.

Bumping this because yes for a fact MMS was bought by a new owner and has just become nuts after that. It’s a shame what it’s become but when Ali ran it, it was one of the best retailers i’ve ever bought from.