Out of Africa - A Haul of Aeroclassics and Big Birds at Great Prices

Great models. I hadn't noticed the Varig 707 or I'd have grabbed it!

One thing it seems you have to careful with when ordering from the Aviation Shop is that the condition of secondhand models is not always perfect (I've spoken with others who've had similar experiences). Several of the models in this box have 'ramp rash' from rubbing in the cradles. I get the feeling they'd been boxed up for many years. Given the rarity of the models here I'm willing to accept it.

I'd never seen this BigBird Seaboard World 747 in the wild before. You can see there is some ramp rash but I can live with it:

SEABOARDWORLD_B747_05.JPG

SEABOARDWORLD_B747_11.JPG

still a fantastic model and great find.I agree not all models from there are perfect.I got lucky that all mine came in great condition.All of these were from his new “stock”.I have been buying from this store for many years now and i would say 99% of what i have received have been great.Always going to have some issues with older models.Many issues when receiving brand new ones nowadays from the manufacturer too though i suppose

.... Several of the models in this box have 'ramp rash' from rubbing in the cradles.......you can see there is some ramp rash but I can live with it:
great finds and fantastic net prices - talking of ramp rash - a collection model I'd bought from Threshold - an AC Aeromexico DC-10, has a similar marking on the port side above the wing, and there's a darkened patch where the window printing has smudged onto the vermillion band - however at 70 GBP all inclusive of shipping, duties, I decided to not let it bother me.

Shipping from Aviation Shop to Bombay is prohibitive - I piled up items worth 5000R ish in the cart - and the shipping was - can you believe it - 10000+R! (edited - yep, 10k)

Thus gross prices will just end up being thrice in this case sadly
(long sigh)

Last edited:
Great models. I hadn't noticed the Varig 707 or I'd have grabbed it!

One thing it seems you have to careful with when ordering from the Aviation Shop is that the condition of secondhand models is not always perfect (I've spoken with others who've had similar experiences). Several of the models in this box have 'ramp rash' from rubbing in the cradles. I get the feeling they'd been boxed up for many years. Given the rarity of the models here I'm willing to accept it.

I'd never seen this BigBird Seaboard World 747 in the wild before. You can see there is some ramp rash but I can live with it:

View attachment 24517

View attachment 24518

Seaboard World 747s pack a lot of history. I have one too, albeit a GJ one with that ugly tail seam. Still very nice, a GJ club model with some exclusive numbered card deal.

I have not done comprehensive research, but I have a feeling the model might have the wrong engines for the Saudia titles. Still a nice model and the incorrect engines do shed some light on some cool historical anecdotes.

Another pair from this box both of which came a little worse the wear.

This Air Afrique 747 Freighter has more of the same sort of ramp rash the SW did:

AIRAFRIQUE_B747_08.JPG

This Ciskei CV-990 (a Hangar Club Model) came with big wheels stuck on the nosegear leg. Fortunately I was able to remove them and no damage to the model was done, plus I had a more sensibly sized tyre set in the spares box so she now looks good as new:

CISKEI_CV990_05.JPG