NG Models August 2024 Hints

I guess they brought too many new moulds into this scale but also 200 scale at once. Might have been too draining on their finances, especially as I'd expect profit margins to be extremely thin in a hobby like this..

You make it sound like NG is making lots of money. The behaviour of the company in recent times suggests that that isn't the case at all and they are struggling. I haven't got any real proof of this, and they deny it (which of course they would), but there's enough circumstantial evidence, from a variety of avenues, to raise concerns.

While I share a lot of the criticisms that people on this thread do regarding the releases, and I think NG has made some poor decisions in relation to a variety of things in recent times, their loss from 400 scale would be a massive problem - especially when you take into account the often lacklustre production quality of the competing brands. There is something of a sense of entitlement I sometimes feel from some collectors (especially those who refuse to buy other brands because NG is the best but then get angry when NG don't do what they want them to). NG aren't here to make you happy. They presumably want to make money. If anything they have tried too hard to please collectors and that has been detrimental to them. I'm not blaming collectors here because I think NG have made foolish errors too, but it hasn't helped.

If you take this into consideration when looking at this set, which is smaller than usual, has none of the most recent new moulds in it, variants that decrease production costs (if the Star Alliance A330 guess is correct) and focuses almost entirely on B and N reg models that they presumably think will sell well you might have a better understanding of why it is like it is.
Entitlement? Sorry but no. These feelings stem from prior positive experiences with NG and their previous marketing which generated the hype. If they truly were struggling, wouldn't the first thing be to drop the rewards program? If anything, people are buying more and more of other brands or have never necessarily ditched the other brands to begin with. If anything, it's entitlement to believe otherwise, that NG has everyone on their leash as you are suggesting. Perhaps it's that sense of entitlement that creates the stubbornness we are seeing with NG's refusal to listen to customer feedback now as opposed to before. The 'NG has the best moulds so quit whining' argument is starting to become old and repetitive, and is the exact mentality that would enable such lack of consideration for their customers, granted it's not a financial issue as you suggest (I still don't believe so...if penny pinching equated to neglecting releases from other regions, why again continue with the rewards program and why make 3-4 releases of the same airline with the same aircraft type minus a different reg or sticker). Remember, this is an international hobby at heart.

I also suspect the current trend we're seeing has to do with a change in leadership plus their recent social media hit where the deletion of their Instagram page effectively stopped any global marketing incentives they had going, creating a 'screw it, let's just do us,' moment. No doubt they took a lot of pride in their social media, and the loss of it was a huge hit to their marketing department. Notice ever since the shakeup, their previous promise to make 2024 the year of the classics has effectively been buried under the rug. All these factors combined, we see month after month of B and N regs.

Last edited:
Entitlement? Sorry but no. These feelings stem from prior positive experiences with NG and their previous marketing which generated the hype.
So basically you are saying they are victims of their own success. Because they were previously so attentive and created an expectation they must continue to perform for collectors? This has been an ongoing issue for ages. Collectors think NG should perform for them like they owe them some debt, when in fact they do not. That is entitlement.
If they truly were struggling, wouldn't the first thing be to drop the rewards program?
Not necessarily no. After all that would a) admit there were issues and b) not save them a lot of money now they're past the setup costs and are seemingly shifting unsold stock they can't sell anyway.
If anything, people are buying more and more of other brands
I haven't seen any evidence of that but what I have seen is that NG has been spending a lot more than any other brand has on r&d.
or have never necessarily ditched the other brands to begin with. If anything, it's entitlement to believe otherwise, that NG has everyone on their leash as you are suggesting.
There are several people on this forum alone who say they don't buy other brands like JC and practically only buy NG. There are plenty who say they have started collecting again thanks to NG. I didn't say NG had people on their leash but the very reaction to the NG hints which is always far stronger than it is for other brands really suggests that they do to some degree.
Perhaps it's that sense of entitlement that creates the stubbornness we are seeing with NG's refusal to listen to customer feedback now as opposed to before. The 'NG has the best moulds so quit whining' argument is starting to become old and repetitive, and is the exact mentality that would enable such lack of consideration for their customers, granted it's not a financial issue as you suggest (I still don't believe so...if penny pinching equated to neglecting releases from other regions, why again continue with the rewards program and why make 3-4 releases of the same airline with the same aircraft type minus a different reg or sticker). Remember, this is an international hobby at heart.
Clearly releases from the US and China sell well. That much is obvious.

Making 3 or 4 releases of the same airline with the same aircraft type with minor differences is a good cost-cutting measure as you can split the release volumes. I dont think they've done it sensibly but it is exactly the sort of thing you'd do more if you were struggling for cash.

I would also say that the paragraph you've written above is exactly the sort of entitlement I am talking about. 'NG's refusal to listen to customer feedback'? They listen far more than any other brand does and have had a massively greater consideration for customers than anyone else.

I also suspect the current trend we're seeing has to do with a change in leadership plus their recent social media hit where the deletion of their Instagram page effectively stopped any global marketing incentives they had going, creating a 'screw it, let's just do us,' moment. No doubt they took a lot of pride in their social media, and the loss of it was a huge hit to their marketing department. Notice ever since the shakeup, their previous promise to make 2024 the year of the classics has effectively been buried under the rug. All these factors combined, we see month after month of B and N regs.

I would argue that if the 'year of classics' has been forgotten (and I don't think it has but clearly it is delayed) it is because they simply can't afford it anymore. NG have spent way too much money on making new moulds, ultimate collection boxes, CRP and other initiatives - exactly the sort of thing they have done to try and appeal to customers which they shouldn't have bothered with as it has cost them.

Basically I disagree with what you've written and I could provide plenty of background to my reasoning. Your suspicions have zero evidence to back them up - trust me, mine do not.

So basically you are saying they are victims of their own success. Because they were previously so attentive and created an expectation they must continue to perform for collectors? This has been an ongoing issue for ages. Collectors think NG should perform for them like they owe them some debt, when in fact they do not. That is entitlement.

Not necessarily no. After all that would a) admit there were issues and b) not save them a lot of money now they're past the setup costs and are seemingly shifting unsold stock they can't sell anyway.

I haven't seen any evidence of that but what I have seen is that NG has been spending a lot more than any other brand has on r&d.

There are several people on this forum alone who say they don't buy other brands like JC and practically only buy NG. There are plenty who say they have started collecting again thanks to NG. I didn't say NG had people on their leash but the very reaction to the NG hints which is always far stronger than it is for other brands really suggests that they do to some degree.

Clearly releases from the US and China sell well. That much is obvious.

Making 3 or 4 releases of the same airline with the same aircraft type with minor differences is a good cost-cutting measure as you can split the release volumes. I dont think they've done it sensibly but it is exactly the sort of thing you'd do more if you were struggling for cash.

I would also say that the paragraph you've written above is exactly the sort of entitlement I am talking about. 'NG's refusal to listen to customer feedback'? They listen far more than any other brand does and have had a massively greater consideration for customers than anyone else.

I would argue that if the 'year of classics' has been forgotten (and I don't think it has but clearly it is delayed) it is because they simply can't afford it anymore. NG have spent way too much money on making new moulds, ultimate collection boxes, CRP and other initiatives - exactly the sort of thing they have done to try and appeal to customers which they shouldn't have bothered with as it has cost them.

Basically I disagree with what you've written and I could provide plenty of background to my reasoning. Your suspicions have zero evidence to back them up - trust me, mine do not.
Agree to disagree.

I could be wrong but I kind of smell a pattern with the A330s... All three registrations wore the Star Alliance colors, so I predict the A330s will be BMI, TAM, and Avianca in the Star Alliance livery, and we know NG LOVES Star Alliance with a passion (and probably reduces costs in production too).

Hope I'm wrong...

PT-xxx (PT-MVM)
View attachment 31298

G-Wxxx (G-WWBM)
View attachment 31300

N34xxx (N342AV)
View attachment 31299
You're probably spot-on.

I could be wrong but I kind of smell a pattern with the A330s... All three registrations wore the Star Alliance colors, so I predict the A330s will be BMI, TAM, and Avianca in the Star Alliance livery, and we know NG LOVES Star Alliance with a passion (and probably reduces costs in production too).

Hope I'm wrong...

PT-xxx (PT-MVM)
View attachment 31298

G-Wxxx (G-WWBM)
View attachment 31300

N34xxx (N342AV)
View attachment 31299
That would make it the 3rd time that TAM A330 has been released...

That would make it the 3rd time that TAM A330 has been released...
Which is nearly not enough considering:
1) there's many many livery variations
2) none have been released on modern, updated moulds - the PHX ones date from a long time ago - and they have wrong h stabs

In a way, accurate 'modern' mould TAM A330s don't exist
And it's a form of bias when one counts certain airline releases vs others - it's as if only certain airlines are legitimately allowed to be made many times over

2) none have been released on modern, updated moulds - the PHX ones date from a long time ago - and they have wrong h stabs

And it's a form of bias when one counts certain airline releases vs others - it's as if only certain airlines are legitimately allowed to be made many times over

Exactly! Fully agreed.

I'd say having the exact same livery/aircraft/airline/registration combination released three times to be far more than enough (JC and Aeroclassics have both made it)

I'd say having the exact same livery/aircraft/airline/registration combination released three times to be far more than enough (JC and Aeroclassics have both made it)
You're talking of the Star Alliance one?
I'm talking of all the numerous TAM schemes
Besides, JC's A330 mould is too inferior, and ACs mould / printing / details etc has its own issues - what I have mentioned in terms of a 'modern' deserving representation

I'm surprised they haven't officially announced the releases yet. Usually, we would've known by now.

Lots of stuff seems to be slipping over at NG. They're biting off way more than they can chew with all the new molds, rewards program, and sheer volume of releases. Developing and implementing all of these things is very expensive, and I believe all the repetitive releases that we've been seeing are a likely sign of cutting costs through splitting the production of a specific model into small variations (e.g. a small logo, different nosecone, different registration, etc.). They're also really doubling-down on Chinese and U.S. releases. I think we'd see more variety if NG wasn't overextending themselves. NG is struggling to keep up and I'm honestly getting a little worried about their long-term health as a company if they continue in this direction. It also doesn't help that they had to start all over on Instagram. They lost tons of reach with their marketing because of that (through losing followers).

Hope I'm wrong...

PT-xxx (PT-MVM)
View attachment 31298

G-Wxxx (G-WWBM)
View attachment 31300

N34xxx (N342AV)
View attachment 31299
You were right
Screenshot_20240723_122232_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hope I'm wrong...

PT-xxx (PT-MVM)
View attachment 31298

G-Wxxx (G-WWBM)
View attachment 31300

N34xxx (N342AV)
View attachment 31299

Sadly you were right.
All three are indeed the Star Alliance schemes.

:mad: :cry:

No Cathays in sight… boy did I call it or what Nvm, NG themselves just posted and the Cathay A359s and A35Ks are there.

Extremely underwhelming set. The California One and the UA trio might be of interest though.