NG Models August 2024 Hints

Obviously, since they did the Star Alliance livery for Air China's two A330-200s, and then Egypt's Star Alliance, and now the other three Star Alliances, these are almost certainly products that will gather dust on warehouse shelves, because simply changing the registration number and logo will not attract much interest.And where are the A330neos ?

Obviously, since they did the Star Alliance livery for Air China's two A330-200s, and then Egypt's Star Alliance, and now the other three Star Alliances, these are almost certainly products that will gather dust on warehouse shelves, because simply changing the registration number and logo will not attract much interest.And where are the A330neos ?
If you are an Egyptair or BMI or TAM collector you'd only be interested in one so changing the reg and logo would make a massive difference to you. If they can split the production run across these multiple releases then it makes even more sensible to do and makes it a lot less likely these will shelfwarm. At least that is what I hope they are doing.

If you are an Egyptair or BMI or TAM collector you'd only be interested in one so changing the reg and logo would make a massive difference to you. If they can split the production run across these multiple releases then it makes even more sensible to do and makes it a lot less likely these will shelfwarm. At least that is what I hope they are doing.
Unless they go for the less accurate, these three 332s are rather different to each other. There's hardly more than the base coating you could do in one single run but would need to split thereafter. Not at all interested in these but curious how they turn out.

Unless they go for the less accurate, these three 332s are rather different to each other. There's hardly more than the base coating you could do in one single run but would need to split thereafter. Not at all interested in these but curious how they turn out.
Which of the 3 has/have the earlier generation h stab?

Which of the 3 has/have the earlier generation h stab?
The bmi should have the taller v.stab, but I don't expect this detail to be done. I was more about the artwork differences between these three. These are not like doing a run of LH 333s and splitting them up in three different regs/names.
I see different alliance title and logo sizes and positions, different cabin configs and likely some different wing painting patterns, engines...

I'm just curious whether NG is doing all three accurately.

The shape of the two lower leaves on the one that has the logo lower on the engines should be different, as not to interfere with the horizontal stab rail. Is that what you are talking about also?
Yep! Glad you could spot that too - it's not unnoticeable - really bummed about NG missing this - let's see

This is really getting out of hand. The problem I have with this release is not the huge amount of Chinese and US releases, but it is the insane amount of liveries of the same airline (e.g. Atlas Air in particular here). As Richard mentioned in his video, it doesn't make any sense to release all of the livery variations all at once. They could have easily split these through the next 2 years and I think even the most hardcore Atlas Air collectors would be happy with that. I can't imagine how those Atlas collectors feel now since it would be quite ridiculous to buy all 5 of them and then not have a budget for other recent releases. The same thing happened with the Tahiti 787's two months ago...
The problem with this is that once NG releases these, there is very little chance they will get back to making the same livery or special scheme once more: As an example, they released two Norwegian 787-9's at the same time and never made more of those after that. The same thing with the British Project Utopia schemes...

The second problem I have with these latest release sets is the obvious one: They don't use a lot of their moulds. What happened to the SP's and L1011's or 757's for that matter? The only thing which made me a bit happy in regards to this issue, is that they finally released an A350-1000 after a long hiatus of this mould. I would like them to do the same with the L1011 at least in the upcoming months.

Regarding the vast amount of Chinese and US releases, I understand NG since these are their main markets and they need cash quickly since they are developing a lot of new moulds AND are also expanding their tooling & production line. BUT, in my opinion, they should at least consider releasing some South American, African, European, Canadian or Indian aircraft, at least a few dozen of them by the end of the year. I believe this would be their saving grace from the recent turmoil and also add a bit of what is now becoming more of a nostalgia, which is making obscure retro liveries on their older moulds.

Btw, I can't wait to see their A340's, DC10's and revised 747 classics. I believe this is a great time for collectors as well as manufacturers such as NG to turn the hobby into something more beautiful and exciting.

These are my 2 cents...

Last edited:
The whole 'Ultimate Collection' would have been fantastic if
1) only only certain deserving models were released as that, thus making those 'special'
2) the whole delays-because-of-packaging-production fiasco would have been avoided

A sizable pre-order from April is pending due to one Ultimate Collection model....., as is another large one from May

Sigh

Doesn't make sense at all, and I now regret placing orders for the UC - the price difference at the retailer was only 7-8pc, but the inordinate delay is not worth it

Last edited:
This is really getting out of hand. The problem I have with this release is not the huge amount of Chinese and US releases, but it is the insane amount of liveries of the same airline (e.g. Atlas Air in particular here). As Richard mentioned in his video, it doesn't make any sense to release all of the livery variations all at once. They could have easily split these through the next 2 years and I think even the most hardcore Atlas Air collectors would be happy with that. I can't imagine how those Atlas collectors feel now since it would be quite ridiculous to buy all 5 of them and then not have a budget for other recent releases. The same thing happened with the Tahiti 787's two months ago...
The problem with this is that once NG releases these, there is very little chance they will get back to making the same livery or special scheme once more: As an example, they released two Norwegian 787-9's at the same time and never made more of those after that. The same thing with the British Project Utopia schemes...

The second problem I have with these latest release sets is the obvious one: They don't use a lot of their moulds. What happened to the SP's and L1011's or 757's for that matter? The only thing which made me a bit happy in regards to this issue, is that they finally released an A350-1000 after a long hiatus of this mould. I would like them to do the same with the L1011 at least in the upcoming months.

Regarding the vast amount of Chinese and US releases, I understand NG since these are their main markets and they need cash quickly since they are developing a lot of new moulds AND are also expanding their tooling & production line. BUT, in my opinion, they should at least consider releasing some South American, African, European, Canadian or Indian aircraft, at least a few dozen of them by the end of the year. I believe this would be their saving grace from the recent turmoil and also add a bit of what is now becoming more of a nostalgia, which is making obscure retro liveries on their older moulds.

Btw, I can't wait to see their A340's, DC10's and revised 747 classics. I believe this is a great time for collectors as well as manufacturers such as NG to turn the hobby into something more beautiful and exciting.

These are my 2 cents...
Very well said. The whole issue of producing 5 Atlas Air 748s all at once means that:
  • Collectors who want an Atlas Air 748 will struggle to choose which one they want.
  • Tons of these will sit in warehouses for a long time and retailers will struggle to sell them
And Atlas Air isn't the only carrier they've taken this approach with recently (e.g. Spirit). It would be far more preferable to spread out these releases over time for sake of overall set variety. As I've said on here before, there are so many low-hanging fruit that would be excellent releases, but they're too fixated on releasing special liveries and near identical aircraft.

I'm also worried about the fact that we didn't see any new MD-80 or 767 releases with this set. I think it's yet another sign of NG spreading themselves out too thin. These molds are new and need to be utilized to their highest potential.

This set is mostly American and Chinese materal once again, and while there's nothing necessarily wrong with that the choices are rather lacklustre. I feel this set could easily be halved without upsetting anyone. Then there's the Malaysia 777 mess too - so not their best month. Here are my rankings:

I was expecting more of their new 757-300s and 767-300ER with Delta and United CO colors (maybe in next releases).