NG Models August 2024 Hints

Who the hell want more Chinese airlines??? I see no Air France, no Cathay Pacific 777, no Delta 777-200LR, no KLM, no ANA, no JAL, no Air Canada, no Virgin Australia 777, no United 767-300ER!!! This is probably because of the fuckin Chinese gouvernement in Hong Kong and their influence on NG releases! 😡 If HK was still british or independent like it used to be until 2019, we would not get thousands of chinese releases!
Jesus, where do I even begin.

Who wants more Chinese airlines? The Chinese collectors and those who collect those models.

It is not NGs job to cater to the releases YOU want.

The ccp doesn't give flying 💩 about what models a company releases. They are too busy suppressing the freedoms of their own people.

Hong Kong was never independent. I honestly cannot comprehend why you think if Hong Kong was still under British rule, or an independent nation, how that would change any NG releases. Please defend your stupid ass logic.

Airbus A350-900

B-xxx
B-xxx
Just realized something... Hong Kong Airlines used to operate A359s, all of which had Hong Kong regs. HX is owned by Hainan Airlines and their livery is basically a reskinned version of the former.

Given NG's track record, I wouldn't be surprised if these two are HX A359s instead of CX :confused: The A35Ks are definitely CX, though.
32692675687_7aa1064f29_k.jpg

Who the hell want more Chinese airlines??? I see no Air France, no Cathay Pacific 777, no Delta 777-200LR, no KLM, no ANA, no JAL, no Air Canada, no Virgin Australia 777, no United 767-300ER!!! This is probably because of the fuckin Chinese gouvernement in Hong Kong and their influence on NG releases! 😡 If HK was still british or independent like it used to be until 2019, we would not get thousands of chinese releases!
Jeez my guy, it’s not like every manufacturer is doing Chinese releases and certainly you can handle one manufacturer out of your collecting criteria. Also I can assure you the government has way more important things than worrying over manufacturers in their country making MODEL PLANES! It’s not that deep.

I could be wrong but I kind of smell a pattern with the A330s... All three registrations wore the Star Alliance colors, so I predict the A330s will be BMI, TAM, and Avianca in the Star Alliance livery, and we know NG LOVES Star Alliance with a passion (and probably reduces costs in production too).

Hope I'm wrong...

PT-xxx (PT-MVM)
1721282145549.png

G-Wxxx (G-WWBM)
1721282173748.png

N34xxx (N342AV)
1721282162426.png

G-WWBM would be a chance for NG to use the correct v.tail. They showcased it on a sample but never used it on any release.

Not that I'd have any interest in alliance colors.

I could be wrong but I kind of smell a pattern with the A330s... All three registrations wore the Star Alliance colors, so I predict the A330s will be BMI, TAM, and Avianca in the Star Alliance livery, and we know NG LOVES Star Alliance with a passion (and probably reduces costs in production too).

Hope I'm wrong...
You may be right. Damn.

Hope I'm wrong...

PT-xxx (PT-MVM)
View attachment 31298

G-Wxxx (G-WWBM)
View attachment 31300

N34xxx (N342AV)
View attachment 31299

TAM A330 in Star Alliance colors would be a big bummer to many Brazilian collectors.
We don't have many TAM A330s in 1:400.

They actually do - at least, I'm aware that the person handling IG reads MAF

My understanding is - it's more of how NG's central operations perceive and process demand and production queues, based on inputs received, and notes from local forums, and then international forums.
NG did burn their hands a bit on a lot of the early 757s - which were recommendations made by collectors - but very niche - such that many of those are still available in stores. I guess that has made NG wary of international release choices on their most sought after moulds, given their heavy capital investments, compared to other brands. Thus the hesitation to release 1011s already released by others, for example - even though there's a lot of perceived demand within forums

Such as?

Out of the three Star Alliance 332s, G-WWBM is an early built airframe and so has got a taller v.tail.
There are three different v.tails on 330s and NG showed all three v.tails at sample stage but never ever used this tallest one despite of some releases would have needed it.
I know the 333 and 332 have different V. Tails. Didn't know of this aspect! I see it's much taller

Last edited:
Just realized something... Hong Kong Airlines used to operate A359s, all of which had Hong Kong regs. HX is owned by Hainan Airlines and their livery is basically a reskinned version of the former.

Given NG's track record, I wouldn't be surprised if these two are HX A359s instead of CX :confused:
I would doubt that - HX A359 weren't as popular as CX (CX A350s though have been made rather frequently, could still sell like hot cakes when released. The same could not be said for HX units though...)
And given NG is releasing both -900 and -1000 together, making CX (Whom get both varients) would make more sense than making an Hong Kong Airlines A359 and Cathay A35K - afterall all what NG needs for releasing CX A359 is to slightly tweak the elements from CX A35K, but making HX A359 would require NG to draw a new scketch from scratch. (NG has not made a Hainan group A350s at this stage) Making new sketch just doesn't seem to fit in NG's strategy these days on reusing as much sketches and tweak as little as possible while milking money...

I would doubt that - HX A359 weren't as popular as CX (CX A350s though have been made rather frequently, could still sell like hot cakes when released. The same could not be said for HX units though...)
And given NG is releasing both -900 and -1000 together, making CX (Whom get both varients) would make more sense than making an Hong Kong Airlines A359 and Cathay A35K - afterall all what NG needs for releasing CX A359 is to slightly tweak the elements from CX A35K, but making HX A359 would require NG to draw a new scketch from scratch. (NG has not made a Hainan group A350s at this stage) Making new sketch just doesn't seem to fit in NG's strategy these days on reusing as much sketches and tweak as little as possible while milking money...
That definitely sounds the most like NG… Although I don’t like the laziness, I’m extremely grateful that we’re finally getting a Cathay release.

Making new sketch just doesn't seem to fit in NG's strategy these days on reusing as much sketches and tweak as little as possible while milking money...

You make it sound like NG is making lots of money. The behaviour of the company in recent times suggests that that isn't the case at all and they are struggling. I haven't got any real proof of this, and they deny it (which of course they would), but there's enough circumstantial evidence, from a variety of avenues, to raise concerns.

While I share a lot of the criticisms that people on this thread do regarding the releases, and I think NG has made some poor decisions in relation to a variety of things in recent times, their loss from 400 scale would be a massive problem - especially when you take into account the often lacklustre production quality of the competing brands. There is something of a sense of entitlement I sometimes feel from some collectors (especially those who refuse to buy other brands because NG is the best but then get angry when NG don't do what they want them to). NG aren't here to make you happy. They presumably want to make money. If anything they have tried too hard to please collectors and that has been detrimental to them. I'm not blaming collectors here because I think NG have made foolish errors too, but it hasn't helped.

If you take this into consideration when looking at this set, which is smaller than usual, has none of the most recent new moulds in it, variants that decrease production costs (if the Star Alliance A330 guess is correct) and focuses almost entirely on B and N reg models that they presumably think will sell well you might have a better understanding of why it is like it is.

You make it sound like NG is making lots of money. The behaviour of the company in recent times suggests that that isn't the case at all and they are struggling. I haven't got any real proof of this, and they deny it (which of course they would), but there's enough circumstantial evidence, from a variety of avenues, to raise concerns.

While I share a lot of the criticisms that people on this thread do regarding the releases, and I think NG has made some poor decisions in relation to a variety of things in recent times, their loss from 400 scale would be a massive problem - especially when you take into account the often lacklustre production quality of the competing brands. There is something of a sense of entitlement I sometimes feel from some collectors (especially those who refuse to buy other brands because NG is the best but then get angry when NG don't do what they want them to). NG aren't here to make you happy. They presumably want to make money. If anything they have tried too hard to please collectors and that has been detrimental to them. I'm not blaming collectors here because I think NG have made foolish errors too, but it hasn't helped.

If you take this into consideration when looking at this set, which is smaller than usual, has none of the most recent new moulds in it, variants that decrease production costs (if the Star Alliance A330 guess is correct) and focuses almost entirely on B and N reg models that they presumably think will sell well you might have a better understanding of why it is like it is.
Well said!

Last edited:

this