Swissair MD-11 Phoenix vs. JC Wings

Jazajia

In the mood for Swiss chocolate, you might be after checking this model comparison out:

And one photo that didn't make it.

DSC_3228.jpg

Super cool comparison. The long gears of the Phoenix version bother me a lot, but I also dislike the nose-down stance of the JC version.

One thing which also looks wrong to me in the Phoenix version is the tail attachment/pylon (not sure how to call that part!!!) right below the tail engine. That part connecting the vertical stabilizer (and engine #2) to the fuselage. It seems to be taller on the Phoenix mould, while the JC version looks a bit shorter and correct, at least to my eyes.

Overall, they're both good efforts. Swissair was an important MD-11 operator, and their chocolate livery is stunning. Both are good looking models :)

Super cool comparison. The long gears of the Phoenix version bother me a lot, but I also dislike the nose-down stance of the JC version.

One thing which also looks wrong to me in the Phoenix version is the tail attachment/pylon (not sure how to call that part!!!) right below the tail engine. That part connecting the vertical stabilizer (and engine #2) to the fuselage. It seems to be taller on the Phoenix mould, while the JC version looks a bit shorter and correct, at least to my eyes.

Overall, they're both good efforts. Swissair was an important MD-11 operator, and their chocolate livery is stunning. Both are good looking models :)

Thanks!

I didn't notice that issue with the base of the vertical stabilizer (not sure if that's the correct name either), but I see it now. I almost forgot to look at the pylons, but remembered about them when looking into the over-wing marking issue.