NG Models Rewards Program

Have they said whether the list will be updated, i.e. each month? Might hold off and wait for some recent releases if that will be the case.

Have they said whether the list will be updated, i.e. each month? Might hold off and wait for some recent releases if that will be the case.
They've said something along the lines of having 1 week per month during which purchases using points can be made, but they're being (purposefully?) cryptic

NG replied in their WeChat post that next month's exchange list will feature some "jaw-dropping" themes -- the stage has been set @@
But yeah so far it seems like it's been used to clear stocks, free models tho, won't complain

Last edited:
NG replied in their WeChat post that next month's exchange list will feature some "jaw-dropping" themes -- the stage has been set @@
But yeah so far it seems like it's been used to clear stocks, free models tho, won't complain
What could that be... Early access to the 747 Classic moulds would fit the bill quite nicely.

Interesting. After seeing the list last night I decided to wait it out; hopefully that turns out to be a good decision! Excited to see what NG has in store for us for the remainder of the year.

I’ve taken a look at the program and it’s really nice. I won’t be using it this time around, even though I have a handful of unused cards lying around. I don’t know if cards are supposed to expire though.

Can someone explain to me what the Time cost and stock cost is from NG’s social media posts?

I have been doing my cards since yesterday only and have already gone past 1000 points with a few boxes left. I would rather wait next month for the exciting releases in the program.

Can someone explain to me what the Time cost and stock cost is from NG’s social media posts?

I have been doing my cards since yesterday only and have already gone past 1000 points with a few boxes left. I would rather wait next month for the exciting releases in the program.
Presumably, time cost is the amount of time elapsed until this month's offers expire. Stock cost is how much of this month's stock is gone.

I grabbed a United B747SP just to see how it works. I save the rest for another round of models.

This quick comparison using existing preorders illustrates the difference and you can see it is more than a few Euros on all of these aside from the PHX A350. The prices in brackets are converted to Euros for UK and US store equivalents. Waffle's prices are even cheaper because everyone with an ounce of sense gets at least 10% off using a code which I didn't put on his prices.

I know you'd have to pay shipping to buy from elsewhere but that's not the point. The point is that prices at Aviation Megastore are not competitive. They also clearly show two others things:

1. They price larger 400 scale models like the A380 at a higher price than say an A350, which is pretty cheeky as we know the costs are the same as shown by the UK and US stores
2. Their NG prices are unrealistically higher than for other brands - and there's no really good reason for that either I am aware of

View attachment 16188

Visiting the stores is valuable but I'd rather shop at a well run online retailer like Bedfordshire who checks all his models before sending than a store like Aviation Megastore, which I know doesn't check its models at all and relies on you to do it for them.

A third point unrelated to the store in particular is that Gemini models are absurdly overpriced in Europe, including the UK.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but why are you comparing Aviation Megastore prices incl. TAX with Waffle's excl.?
What I see in this list is that some models are cheaper while others are more expensive.
I haven't ordered anything in the UK post-Brexit so I'm unsure on the procedure, but Waffle is least preferable here as I'd have to add import and VAT to those prices.