NG Models Rewards Program

They were all new releases. Same retailer I've used for years. Got all the other ones earlier this year with no problems. I'll confirm and see what's going on.

They were all new releases. Same retailer I've used for years. Got all the other ones earlier this year with no problems. I'll confirm and see what's going on.
Yeah thats odd, all our NG releases had cards and we always make sure to include them, I know there was an issue with a couple of retailers not including cards. Hopefully this gets resolved

Just out of curiosity, is anyone still getting these rewards cards from NG? None of my last 4 NG models had a card in them.
Every release I've bought since that started has had a card inside. Sounds like somebody is removing them! I've yet to even bother with them myself :ROFLMAO: I just see them as a gimmick but will wait and see if anything solid happens

I've only received 3 NG's this past year and all were with cards. Only one 1 plane was received via eBay with the card already scratched, so I probably can't register the card , but I have not signed up yet. Lol!

They have just announced via various social media outlets that the CRP scheme will be going 'live' in June. The upsum would seem to be you register your points with your NG retailer to qualify for free models and "exclusive products". Your retailer then handles the transaction and sends out your stuff once you pay the shipping. I need to go through a ton of boxes and retrieve all of my cards. I probably qualify for a 1:1 scale 747 by now...😀

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1684307346541.jpg
    FB_IMG_1684307346541.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 34
  • FB_IMG_1684307335412.jpg
    FB_IMG_1684307335412.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 22
  • FB_IMG_1684307317436.jpg
    FB_IMG_1684307317436.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 46
The code redeeming works on NG's site now, so I guess it's time to start opening up those old boxes again.

Apparently you can get 1 free model per 10 purchases? I'm admittedly a bit skeptical as to whether retailers would support this, I certainly don't see my local store being happy. Either way, interested to see how this goes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230517_164839_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230517_164839_Instagram.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
The code redeeming works on NG's site now, so I guess it's time to start opening up those old boxes again.

Apparently you can get 1 free model per 10 purchases? I'm admittedly a bit skeptical as to whether retailers would support this, I certainly don't see my local store being happy. Either way, interested to see how this goes
Stores that only carry a handful of NGs every month would definitely not be happy. I can already picture my local store get irritated by this too. They better have communicated with the retailers in advance (and gotten approval from them) before this announcement.

Last edited:

I feel the 10 models for a free one might be a bit too low and might end up changing to a higher amount of models.

Honestly I'm very pessimistic about that whole card code idea, not because I think it's a bad idea, but the fact that there are people that aren't honest. People might end up ruining the card system by taking just the card out of the box, redeeming it and then returning the model. Perhaps retailers could keep the cards in a separate little drawer of their own that only the retailer themselves can access and give out the cards after you purchase the model but that just pushes more work onto retailers.

I feel the 10 models for a free one might be a bit too low and might end up changing to a higher amount of models.

Honestly I'm very pessimistic about that whole card code idea, not because I think it's a bad idea, but the fact that there are people that aren't honest. People might end up ruining the card system by taking just the card out of the box, redeeming it and then returning the model. Perhaps retailers could keep the cards in a separate little drawer of their own that only the retailer themselves can access and give out the cards after you purchase the model but that just pushes more work onto retailers.
You can't easily identify the card once it is away from the model so that wouldn't work and frankly unscrupulous retailers are more of the problem. There have already been several retailers that were taking the cards out and sending the models to people without them. When people requested the card they would send a random one.

One of the retailers names apparently rhymed with SleazyNoise

I agree this system does seem to put a lot onto retailers. If anything it is likely to benefit the bigger retailers who won't be so bothered by it.

In fact I just spoke with two retailers on the topic (one US and one UK) and both actually thought it would be good for them.

Last edited:
What NG should do in my opinion:
- Give retailers a pile of cards and send/give them with every NG purchase, so people cannot steal them when visiting stores.
- Let customers redeem codes themselves on NG's website and choose their prize, which will be shipped to the nearest NG retailer.
- When too many customers complain about not recieving cards, the retailer will (for example) not recieve more cards with a warning on NG's media channels
- When redeeming a physical prize, notify customers of a fixed shipping fee (if there is any) so there are no surprises afterwards.

This way it's more easy for customers to check their points and prizes, more easy for retailers because they don't have to register all this, and better for everyone because fraud is less likely to happen.

Last edited:
I'm admittedly a bit meh on exclusive models. There's unlikely to be many choices, and knowing NG, the majority will inevitably be US/UK stuff. NG almost never releases airlines like SQ or CX, so there's no reason to believe they'll pop up as exclusives.

Free models sound great tho, hopefully NG has sorted things out with retailers.

Last edited:
You can't easily identify the card once it is away from the model so that wouldn't work and frankly unscrupulous retailers are more of the problem. There have already been several retailers that were taking the cards out and sending the models to people without them. When people requested the card they would send a random one.

One of the retailers names apparently rhymed with SleazyNoise

I agree this system does seem to put a lot onto retailers. If anything it is likely to benefit the bigger retailers who won't be so bothered by it.

In fact I just spoke with two retailers on the topic (one US and one UK) and both actually thought it would be good for them.
EZNoise is the worst...I've stopped buying from them altogether. Pre-ordered a model which was never sent, even weeks after it became available to retailers. No communication from them when prompted. I went ahead and purchased this model elsewhere thinking it would never arrive. Then, months later, they charged my credit card and sent the model.

Have also received severely defected models. When you ask for an exchange, they accept, then simply refund your money without sending a new model, leaving you without the desired model.

Have also heard stories of them stealing the cards from boxes.

Thanks for the info. Do we know which retailers have opted in for this program? Like I have over 50 cards but which retailer should I rely on to redeem the rewards?