NG Models July 2023 Hints

I know it's a little selfish to say I actually like that they are releasing special liveries (as I mainly just collect cool special liveries)
What I really don't like is the specific choice they release. Even for special liveries, there are many way better options, Eva's Hello Kitty, China United's City liveries, JetBlue's A320s, WestJet's Frozen, even the rest of Southwest's State liveries, just to name a few.
Watched the movie today, that is def a 10/10 thriller, but this livery...that is 2/10 at most

They certainly prioritize releasing specials over normal liveries. Specials are nice and all but the standards are MUCH better at representing an airlines' overall fleet.

100%. This has become a real frustration with NG for me, along with underutilizing certain molds (757 in particular). I own a handful of special livery models, but my preference is always for the standards. The way they've handled Southwest is a good example for sure. I can understand having N871HK as the debut for the Max8 mold since I know there was a lot of excitement around that aircraft entering service irl, but the lack of a normal Heart livery 73G--while they've been steadily checking off the state flag and other SWA special liveries--is so frustrating.

100%. This has become a real frustration with NG for me, along with underutilizing certain molds (757 in particular). I own a handful of special livery models, but my preference is always for the standards. The way they've handled Southwest is a good example for sure. I can understand having N871HK as the debut for the Max8 mold since I know there was a lot of excitement around that aircraft entering service irl, but the lack of a normal Heart livery 73G--while they've been steadily checking off the state flag and other SWA special liveries--is so frustrating.
I am missing the 757 too. The only time I contacted them was a year ago regarding the Avensa/Servivensa 757s. Positive response back then, but who knows if they even remember. I don't want to try to contact them again, they seem to have plenty of collector's requests in their inbox.

It really boggles me that they went through the hassle of making the early RB211 engine mold, and left out one of the few operators that they could use that mold for.

I am missing the 757 too. The only time I contacted them was a year ago regarding the Avensa/Servivensa 757s. Positive response back then, but who knows if they even remember. I don't want to try to contact them again, they seem to have plenty of collector's requests in their inbox.

It really boggles me that they went through the hassle of making the early RB211 engine mold, and left out one of the few operators that they could use that mold for.
Yeah, im slowly getting alienated by NG.

NG speedrunning the "squander collectors' goodwill" phase... Jokes aside, I've rarely seen praise for their releases in the past 6 months or so.

I feel like you guys are being a bit too harsh on NG. NG has relatively diverse release sets compared to others. Sure, I can understand the argument that they have other moulds they could use more, but saying stuff like "Oh NG hasn't released XX model in X years, why couldn't they have released that instead of this?" is perhaps a bit ridiculous. Personally I think this release set is ok. Sure it doesn't have holy grails that you guys all wanted, but in no means is it a bad release set.

NG has one of the worst release sets in my opinion. Of the main manufacturers, AC is the best with different airlines and liveries every month, Phoenix and GJ have a good mix of modern and retro these days, JC is decent despite being stuck with GJ.
NG is in the back with the same airlines, many special liveries (without the basic version that people ask for) and very few retro models (TU154, 757, 747SP, L1011).

NG are very frustrating at times. The quality is fantastic and their moulds continue to be some of the best released in the scale but the variation is not very good. I agree that Qatar has been done to death now, we’ve had alot of them and I would say the airline is well covered and doesn’t need that many releases now.

My particular gripe with NG is how ignored Europe is. Yeah we get the odd bone thrown to us in the form of air europa or Ryanair but the majority of models from Europe are widebodies such as British Airways, Iberia, SAS, Lufthansa and Alitalia but little to no narrowbodies have been made. it’s frustrating as the majority of European narrow bodies that NG have made are sold out and are very hard to find. The same can’t be said for certain North American or Asian airlines. I hope NG changes this trend and starts to release more as there’s clearly a market for them when looking at previous releases but from recent releases, I don’t have a great deal of confidence in them currently.

Last edited:
NG has one of the worst release sets in my opinion. Of the main manufacturers, AC is the best with different airlines and liveries every month, Phoenix and GJ have a good mix of modern and retro these days, JC is decent despite being stuck with GJ.
NG is in the back with the same airlines, many special liveries (without the basic version that people ask for) and very few retro models (TU154, 757, 747SP, L1011).

Honestly, notwithstanding the accuracy of some of their molds, I think Phoenix has been having the best set of releases for the past few months. Tons of subjects that truly fit my main collecting criteria. I guess you can't have it all...

I agree with the rest of your assessment, GJ does throw some nice subjects in their mix as well. I find Aeroclassics a bit too retro for my taste lately, but still, I know they are the ones that will release the key holy grails missing in my collection. Not really sure what NG is thinking, I honestly think there is a major disconnect between them and the collectors outside of China (would be interesting to see what Chinese collectors think about them), or they have lost their target and are trying to be unique, but are becoming boring instead.

Aeroclassics certainly has always had the best diversity and range of airlines. Phoenix has been much better this year. Gemini throw us the odd bone sometimes but their range is far worse than NG's - then again they release such a small number of models each month.

I agree with what you're saying about NG. I don't understand their approach at the moment either.

Better late than never I guess - it's been a busy week but here's my view on the latest NG releases. It mirrors a lot of what you've said but even so once you get past the repetition there is still a decent number of Supersonic releases in this batch:

Better late than never I guess - it's been a busy week but here's my view on the latest NG releases. It mirrors a lot of what you've said but even so once you get past the repetition there is still a decent number of Supersonic releases in this batch:

I wanted to see what you had to say about the American International fantasy L1011, your commentary gave me a chuckle. I have the same feelings towards that model, at first I said "meh," but now I am really liking that nineties look. I'm actually liking the idea of a potential NEA TriStar from DieHard II, terrible plot, but I really enjoyed the airplane scenes as a kid.

Still haven't fixed the door behind the wing, should be a window and not a porthole window?
The door has been fixed according to the drawing that was uploaded on their socials. There are some more minor issues still awaiting attention though.
It has been fixed.

Attachments

• 79023 (3).JPG
    79023 (3).JPG
    603.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 79023 (1).JPG
    79023 (1).JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 26