NG Models July 2023 Hints

Pretty disappointed tbh. Only European short haul aircraft is the Airbus house a321s that have already been made well by at least 3 manufacturers. Where is SAS, Eurowings, ITA, Swiss, Iberia, Finnair, Austrian?

Doesn't seem to be anything and frustrating at times when an obscure Asian special gets made but all these airlines, some of which have had little representation in 1/400 get constantly overlooked.

It's also a shame that the classics have taken a backseat and are now low priority, and when some are announced, are always the ones to get delayed - I've got the Saudia & Pan Am L-1011's on preorder which are both delayed, plus the Qantas SP, and now possibly another Cathay L-1011 to add even further to the backlog. Then they keep dangling the carrot with the bare metal Eastern - they must have run a good number of blanks at the time if they can facilitate two separate hybrid releases before the main subject even gets made. It's great when they're finally in hand, and are much treasured models, but these classic releases are now very much sidelined and at the bottom of the pile. The outstanding key classics to be made on the L-1011 mould family seems more far away than ever.

Ooooooooooh Cathay L1011? It wouldn’t hurt for me to get a 2nd! Other than that though the only other thing that somewhat interests me is the fantasy model. At least that means more money saved for me this month.

Looks like we’re back to the full-size releases. Now that they have the backlog cleared out, both future and delayed releases, let’s hope that it doesn’t fill up again. I’d hate for something cool to be released that I want, then it’s delayed for several months because they have insufficient resources to complete production.

The US registrations within the hints are all the future releases; as such, Imua One, More To Love, Salmon People, and the two Aviancas (which I’m disappointed about, why can’t it be a US carrier?) will all be released.

What disappoints me most is the Eastern/Air Canada L-1011. While I understand it’s a Buchannan release and it seems to me their main goal is to do hybrids or other obscure airlines that NG may not be interested in doing, we desperately need that polished Eastern L-1011. Part of me is hopeful that it’s a sign that it’s coming soon but I don’t have much confidence in that.

Last edited:
Looks like we’re back to the full-size releases. Now that they have the backlog cleared out, both future and delayed releases, let’s hope that it doesn’t fill up again. I’d hate for something cool to be released that I want, then it’s delayed for several months because they have insufficient resources to complete production.
The backlog isn't cleared out? The Saudia, Pan Am L-1011's & Qantas 747SP are still delayed and outstanding for example. I'm fully paid up for all three with the earliest being from the April release set (I think?). Still waiting patiently for these here at this end. Now more L-1011s are announced and we've yet to even see the release photos of the others long since announced and up for preorder

The backlog isn't cleared out? The Saudia, Pan Am L-1011's & Qantas 747SP are still delayed and outstanding for example. I'm fully paid up for all three with the earliest being from the April release set. Still waiting patiently for these here at this end. Now more L-1011s are announced and we've yet to even see the release photos of the others long since announced and up for preorder
Dang they still have some in the backlog? Hopefully they’re able to push those out soon…

What disappoints me most is the Eastern/Air Canada L-1011. While I understand it’s a Buchannan release and it seems to me their main goal is to do hybrids or other obscure airlines that NG may not be interested in doing, we desperately need that polished Eastern L-1011. Part of me is hopeful that it’s a sign that it’s coming soon but I don’t have much confidence in that.
I thought after their first EA hybrid, the Air America release, was the sign that a polished Eastern L-1011 was coming soon! o_O Now they are releasing a 2nd hybrid from this same run of electroplated blanks, a big batch all evidently printed up with the thick hockey stick base c/s - so they better have saved some up to get those 'EASTERN' titles and reggies printed on finally, now even later rather than sooner! :eek:

I'm not seeing a lot to excite me I admit.

Virgin & Qatari MAXs
Mexican and Tajikistan 787-8s
The F-G A330 is presumably a Beluga XL

Is that another Air India Tristar too? V2- could be V2-LEO the Air Mauritius / Caribjet hybrid but I doubt it.

Hopefully the Buchannan pair aren't really obscure hybrids this time.
its prob cause we are all waiting for the 747-8

It's also a shame that the classics have taken a backseat and are now low priority, and when some are announced, are always the ones to get delayed - I've got the Saudia & Pan Am L-1011's on preorder which are both delayed, plus the Qantas SP, and now possibly another Cathay L-1011 to add even further to the backlog. Then they keep dangling the carrot with the bare metal Eastern - they must have run a good number of blanks at the time if they can facilitate two separate hybrid releases before the main subject even gets made. It's great when they're finally in hand, and are much treasured models, but these classic releases are now very much sidelined and at the bottom of the pile. The outstanding key classics to be made on the L-1011 mould family seems more far away than ever.
You too huh? I've also been waiting for the Saudia Tristar from when it was leaked ages ago. I wish they would at least give us a timeline for when those two will be out.

A somewhat dull set -- we are getting quite a few duplicates on the widebodies, Scoot, Thai 788, Eva 789, and Starlux A359. Well, that means a money-saver anyways.

Will be picking up the special liveries AS Salmon, HU Pepsi 738s, WN Imua 7M8, AS More to Love 739, the two government 788s, and potentially QR 7M8

PS. never quite understand the reasoning behind releasing so many Hybrid liveries, for me at least I'd want a proper representation of an airline. Lots of choices for tri-stars unless Buchannan is blocked from releasing certain airlines -- for example, I'd be interested in the North Grumman Stargazer, Saudi and Jordan modern livery, Tristar Experience N910TE.

Last edited:
I thought after their first EA hybrid, the Air America release, was the sign that a polished Eastern L-1011 was coming soon! o_O Now they are releasing a 2nd hybrid from this same run of electroplated blanks, a big batch all evidently printed up with the thick hockey stick base c/s - so they better have saved some up to get those 'EASTERN' titles and reggies printed on finally, now even later rather than sooner! :eek:
Maybe there's licensing issues with the Eastern brand to be dealt with ? A dickie bird did tell me something along those lines was afoot a while ago. Bear in mind 'Eastern' is still an active brand.

You too huh? I've also been waiting for the Saudia Tristar from when it was leaked ages ago. I wish they would at least give us a timeline for when those two will be out.
Yep, me too! ;) Yeah that would be nice, and also to eventually even see the release pictures, it should fabulous on this tooling. I was so excited when Saudia got announced, it's such an important classic carrier for the TriStar. They've chosen a later 1978 delivery, HZ-AHI, MSN 1160 - however I've just picked up on something: the artwork shows this with a 'Frisbee' Fairing which is actually incorrect going by reference photos, in this link here on Flickr we see an early photo of HZ-AHI taken in 1982:

Saudia L-1011 HZ-AHI

and then here, much later on in 1993:
16487_1105804458 31.05.1993.jpg

This machine is indeed a -200 but it does not have the 'Frisbee' Fairing on the #2 intake, and was never modified with one, so NG had better take note here!

Attachments

• 32009-1024x683.jpg
    32009-1024x683.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 13
Maybe there's licensing issues with the Eastern brand to be dealt with ? A dickie bird did tell me something along those lines was afoot a while ago. Bear in mind 'Eastern' is still an active brand.
Good point - you could well be right there. That would explain a lot, just like Pan Am, although we've seen the SP's and one L-1011-500 already made. Bloody frustrating though as it's so close with these hybrids here. I do hope we get one in the end - after all, we also got the Delta Widgets and the Cathay Pacific, with another possibly on the way - and those airlines are known to be fierce about protecting their IP as well.

Last edited:
So, after doing research, it looks like a good chunk of their release (at least 1/3) are part of their backlog. However, I notice a few re-releases. Mainly, the B787s with Singaporean (9V-xxx), Thai (HS-xxx), and Taiwanese (B-17xxx) registrations. All of which were released fairly recently. But, knowing NG, this is pretty typical of them.

So far, not a lot really interests me. Maybe a second Scoot B787-8 (?)

Airbus A320
Airbus A321
N39xxx
N77xxx
F-Wxxx (x3)
Avianca “Aviateca Heritage” livery
(N398AV)
A320 (w/o WL)

**“future release” backlog
Avianca
A320neo
  • “Current” livery (N775AV)
  • “AeroGal” livery (N776AV)
**N776AV “future release” backlog
Airbus Industrie
A321neo (XLR)
  • “Flying Xtra Long Range” (F-WXLR) [CFM engines]
  • “QR Code” (F-WWAB)
  • “Flying Xtra Long Range” (F-WWBZ) [PW engines]

Airbus A330
Airbus A350
F-Gxxx
B-58xxx
Airbus Transport
A330 Beluga XL #6
(F-GXLO)
Starlux Airlines
(B-58503)
A350-900

B737-600
B737-700
B-5xxx
B-5xxx
XA-xxx
Air China
(B-5023 / B-5027 / B-5037)
Air China
(any reg.) [w/ or w/o WL]
  • “Pink Peony” (B-5211 / B-5214)
Aeroméxico
(any reg.)
  • “Chrome” or “Current” livery
  • “Este vuelo te da Kilómetros Premier” (XA-GMV)
China Southwest
(B-5023)
Air China Inner Mongolia “Tianjiao Inner Mongolia” livery
(B-5226) [WL]
China Eastern
  • “Old” or “Current” Livery
  • “Yunnan Peacock (orange)” (any reg.)
China Southern
China United Airlines