NG Models August release hints

Of the 47 releases, absolutely nothing interests me. There was a load of potential, but yet again there are so many similar models, rereleases, odd choices, fantasy models, etc, etc.

Also, I'm wondering what happened to the other PK- A330s, B- A330 and B- A350s? I've been waiting for NG to release a China Southern A350 for ages.

The Pan Ams are very frustrating. Why do we need 4 of the same releases and two with the same registration? I think NG misunderstands what we mean when they hear us shout for more classic models. There are so many duplicates in this set. Why? Why not just release one of each, it would make space for almost another 20 unique models!

Delays don't really bother me. The retailer I order from only charges me for the models on pickup, not when I place an order. However there will likely be delays for this set. Obviously, people will be annoyed when their highly anticipated model is delayed for months but at least they know it will be high quality.

Remember people, buy what you like and like what you buy.

I was not expecting these but I'll be preordering the WN 738MAX in the Heart Livery and both NK's 319 and 320neo. Delayed or not, I'm looking forward to these 3 releases as I'm replacing outdated moulds from other brands.

Attachments

• 15035.jpg
    15035.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 49022.jpg
    49022.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 88017.jpg
    88017.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 38
Anyone know why they made the pink SWA max? Quite a long shot here but maybe hopping on the Barbie movie trend?

NG I just want my Saudia Tristar, its all I ask for. NG you've been teasing me with this by first leaking the artwork, announcing it and then delaying it for the same time it took for the leak to become reality.
I don’t understand what the delay is with this one. Clearing an inventory backlog appears to have taken priority with all the Air India, Pan Am and ANA releases happening at the moment.

Of the 47 releases, absolutely nothing interests me. There was a load of potential, but yet again there are so many similar models, rereleases, odd choices, fantasy models, etc, etc.

Also, I'm wondering what happened to the other PK- A330s, B- A330 and B- A350s? I've been waiting for NG to release a China Southern A350 for ages.

The Pan Ams are very frustrating. Why do we need 4 of the same releases and two with the same registration? I think NG misunderstands what we mean when they hear us shout for more classic models. There are so many duplicates in this set. Why? Why not just release one of each, it would make space for almost another 20 unique models!

Delays don't really bother me. The retailer I order from only charges me for the models on pickup, not when I place an order. However there will likely be delays for this set. Obviously, people will be annoyed when their highly anticipated model is delayed for months but at least they know it will be high quality.

Remember people, buy what you like and like what you buy.
Again, with the Pan Am/Air India/ANA L-1011’s I think there’s a load of unsold inventory hanging around in the factory. It’s the same stock being repackaged. To shift them they’ve just changed the reg/name, and in some cases added or omitted other minor details, such as radomes etc.

There must be so much of it that some are just being repackaged as they are - Pan Am N510PA “Clipper George T. Baker” now follows Air India V2-LEJ as being another straight 2020 re-boxing.

Thinking more about this, all this stock here is from the 2020 batches - and we all know what happened that year. Perhaps the pandemic upset the normal distribution of these lines at the time, so much of it has been held back since then?

Again, with the Pan Am/Air India/ANA L-1011’s I think there’s a load of unsold inventory hanging around in the factory. It’s the same stock being repackaged. To shift them they’ve just changed the reg/name, and in some cases added or omitted other minor details, such as radomes etc.

There must be so much of it that some are just being repackaged as they are - Pan Am N510PA “Clipper George T. Baker” now follows Air India V2-LEJ as being another straight 2020 re-boxing.

Thinking more about this, all this stock here is from the 2020 batches - and we all know what happened that year. Perhaps the pandemic upset the normal distribution of these lines at the time, so much of it has been held back since then?
Yeah, I understand the reasons behind the rereleases but it's still frustrating. Frankly, without the duplicate releases, there is no way NG's factory could keep up with 40 different releases a month. Despite our complaints, NG still does a very good job of making high-quality models, and their variety is still better than some.

Yeah, I understand the reasons behind the rereleases but it's still frustrating. Frankly, without the duplicate releases, there is no way NG's factory could keep up with 40 different releases a month. Despite our complaints, NG still does a very good job of making high-quality models, and their variety is still better than some.
NG has excellent moulds but can't use them properly. Phoenix pumps out awesome releases with rubbish moulds. Everyone else is somewhere in between...

Struggling whether I should redeem the standard Garuda A333 or wait for NG to announce the other two PK reg. A330s and see if it is a standard Garuda A330.
NG has confirmed that they will delay those two unannounced A330s to next month :cautious:

This set has to be one of the most intriguing that NG has ever done. There's a lot to discuss here.

The amount of near duplicates and minor livery variations is quite bothersome. NG seems to be doubling down on these as well. It's becoming their strategy. Do we really need two Austrian 737-600s, two Flair 737-800s, three T'way 737-800s, three Chinese Air Force A319s, another ANA L-1011 (no revised Mohican?), and two more Pan-AM L-1011s all in one release set? I don't mind seeing two aircraft from the same airline being released if there's a distinct difference among them and if one of them is in the normal livery (e.g. the Lufthansa A320neos, Southwest 737 Max 8s, maybe even the ZipAir 787-8s since it's a new carrier for NG). I've said this before but cutting down on all this clutter would reduce the delays we've been seeing this year and would also leave a little room for more in-demand releases (don't want the set sizes to balloon too much though, somewhere around the mid 20s would be a fair middle ground - especially with good variety).

The fantasy Southwest 737 Max 8..........wow....that's a wild. I really don't know how to feel, but I can't say I'm disappointed. It seems pretty polarizing. I think this has to be the craziest release NG has ever done.

I'm very happy to finally see some U.S. A319s and A320s (I will admit that I am biased towards the U.S. carriers)! Hopefully this paves the way for more of these soon (ex: U.S. big 3, Frontier, Allegiant, etc.). The Spirit A320neo is especially great and the Southwest Heart livery Max 8 is a slam-dunk as well. I'll probably pick those two up.

I'm concerned about how large the delay backlog could be next month. We may see 20+ delayed models coming out of this one.

Well, I remember collectors (fleetbuilders) crying for more variation and different regs. NG delivers - and at the same time can clear their warehouse. Sounds like a strategy.
None that I like though. Out of this latest batch there's not much I'd want. The Aegean maybe.
If they continue this way they may release 100 items a month so that I might end up buying one or two.
I fear the day they start doing this with interesting stuff (classics) though.

Well, I remember collectors (fleetbuilders) crying for more variation and different regs. NG delivers - and at the same time can clear their warehouse. Sounds like a strategy.
None that I like though. Out of this latest batch there's not much I'd want. The Aegean maybe.
If they continue this way they may release 100 items a month so that I might end up buying one or two.
I fear the day they start doing this with interesting stuff (classics) though.
I’m hoping that once they get past clearing unsold L-1011/747-SP inventory, we might start seeing a few more ‘juicy’ classic releases happening again, including the final distribution of that Saudia L-1011 which I’m really hanging for. If it was a sudden flood though that would just kill the wallet. A slow gentle feed is preferable!

Here are my thoughts on this month's NGs. I share a lot of the concerns expressed here but I do think you guys are a bit spoilt too and that some of the arguments conflict with each other and don't make full sense. Maybe I just collect too many models but even in a set with way too little on the classic front and several US and EU releases way outside my interest there are still plenty of models for me. I'd prefer them to be EA L-1011s but I'm grateful that someone is producing this many models of such quality too.

Also in terms of delays Waffle already has one of the announced Pan Am L-1011s in stock

I'm just annoyed that we still haven't seen any 747s from NG (not including 747SP) especially when they said that they will release the classics 747 mould this summer.

I'm just annoyed that we still haven't seen any 747s from NG (not including 747SP) especially when they said that they will release the classics 747 mould this summer.

Just be patient. It's still summer and they didn't say the first releases would be out then. I only asked them to tell people they were definitely doing the classics because people were constantly asking. Then they say they are and now it is 'when, when when'. I can see it now they'll send me the samples you'll all go over them with a fine tooth comb and rip them apart when they'll still be superior to all the competition out there. Just like with the 747-8s. They may not be perfect but they are better than the rest and yet there is a craving for perfection. That's fine but that leads to delays I guess and it isn't like NG haven't got plenty on. No other 400 scale has been as responsive but it is never enough it seems.

Would people prefer NG acted like Gemini? Don't say anything about new mould until the announcement of it the month before. Share no photos and just drop it in the market, often to a poor finish.

If any of you are going to the AMS show I will be there and so may some new samples!