NG Models August release hints

Can anyone put forward a cogent argument why 47 models a month is bad for anyone - retailers or consumers? Retailers can buy as much or as little as they like and so can consumers
Well, for a shop it makes a big difference whether you sell 2x47 or 47x2 products.

Well, for a shop it makes a big difference whether you sell 2x47 or 47x2 products.

Stores only have to order what they think they can sell. NG don't make people buy everything they release like some brands do. If they don't want to stock it is up to them isn't it? Nobody is making them buy the NG Models. The fact they do says they want to and they sell.

They're up on the NG website. LX 747sp is a Corsair (bummer), 1011s are Pan Am (incl a re-stock) and an ANA re-release, OE is Austrian 736, one fantasy Southwest, few NGmodels.com exclusives (including a nice black nose Sichuan Tu 154), a nice b&w Icelandair 757 I didn't know existed - 2 LH A320neos amongst others. The Sichuan, Lovehansa and Icelandair for me

They're up on the NG website. LX 747sp is a Corsair (bummer), 1011s are Pan Am (incl a re-stock) and an ANA re-release, OE is Austrian 736, one fantasy Southwest, few NGmodels.com exclusives (including a nice black nose Sichuan Tu 154), a nice b&w Icelandair 757 I didn't know existed - 2 LH A320neos amongst others. The Sichuan, Lovehansa and Icelandair for me

That explains the 47 models then. Several are exchange mall exclusives presumably made in small amounts and versions of existing models.

I agree not a particularly inspiring lot but the Air China 747SP, Shanghai 737-800, Lion Air MAX-9, Sichuan A33P2F and Sichuan Tu-154 are all models I'm interested in. Shame the Tristars are all re-releases.

The Pink WN MAX is a bit much!

Last edited:
A few good ones, but seriously? 2 identical Pan Am Tristars while already having two in this livery? Another ANA Tristar in this livery when there are already 3, of which 2 from 2023? Why is the LX- not a Luxair?? NG already made an F- reg Corsair 747SP and the Luxair has never been made before by anyone... Not mentioning the duplicate liveries in this release as I guess they just split one batch in two.

A few good ones, but seriously? 2 identical Pan Am Tristars while already having two in this livery? Another ANA Tristar in this livery when there are already 3, of which 2 from 2023? Why is the LX- not a Luxair?? NG already made an F- reg Corsair 747SP and the Luxair has never been made before by anyone... Not mentioning the duplicate liveries in this release as I guess they just split one batch in two.
Sarcasm mode on:

I understand your frustration but make up your mind man. As 'NG's Chief Apologist' I have to ask are they making too many models or not enough - ;) :):):)

In all seriousness I would have to agree with what you're saying and would prefer 47 completely separate releases each month. However, I'm told that is 'greedy' so maybe re-releasing models that are almost the same isn't greedy and is in fact selfless - allowing people who missed out to get them the next month? I dunno. Seems no matter what they do there's criticism, especially from competitors with lesser products.

This should help 'retailers and collectors keep up with these huge releases'.

Sarcasm mode off:

I actually agree with you. I'd have much preferred a Luxair SP and the UA hybrid Tristar 500. But as you say there are still 'a few good ones' - 5 for me in fact so it will stave off bankruptcy for another month. Imagine how 'bad' it'd be if they released 47 models we wanted at once.

Doesn't seem like all the hints are up. Out of the 4 PK A333s, only 2 are on the site.

Although I want this, I'm not exactly sure about blowing all my points on a Garuda... Hopefully the other two are regular releases, and one of them's a normal livery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230808_193615_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230808_193615_Chrome.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 19
Doesn't seem like all the hints are up. Out of the 4 PK A333s, only 2 are on the site.

Although I want this, I'm not exactly sure about blowing all my points on a Garuda... Hopefully the other two are regular releases, and one of them's a normal livery.
It's possible. They already made the normal colours so may re-release it.

GA_A333_02.JPG

Sarcasm mode off:

I actually agree with you. I'd have much preferred a Luxair SP and the UA hybrid Tristar 500. But as you say there are still 'a few good ones' - 5 for me in fact so it will stave off bankruptcy for another month. Imagine how 'bad' it'd be if they released 47 models we wanted at once.
That last part is very true. The previous Pan Am Tristar hasn't even arrived at retailers and yet they release two more. The ANA Tristar and Corsair 747SP are also still in stock. But anyway, my wallet can get a break too, it needs a holiday before being emptied at the Amsterdam Fair :)

NG people are smoking rotten oregano... the 747SP being a Corsair with LX reg is simply very mean. I guess they tricked everyone into thinking it would be a Luxair.

I'm a supporter of NG but honestly their release choices are indeed very crappy and boring now.
Phoenix, on the other hand, have some trash moulds but they do know how to pick up some amazing livery choices.

That last part is very true. The previous Pan Am Tristar hasn't even arrived at retailers and yet they release two more. The ANA Tristar and Corsair 747SP are also still in stock. But anyway, my wallet can get a break too, it needs a holiday before being emptied at the Amsterdam Fair :)
What's even worse, one of the Pan Am L-1011's they're releasing is N510PA....they already did that one in 2020....at least come up with a different reg...or better yet, a United hybrid.

I'm happy that Aegean is getting some love as this is the first A320 that has ever been made by any manufacturer. Although I detest the livery, I appreciate the Lufthansas although the older livery is much better and I would have preferred that over the new one but hopefully that livery is in the pipeline 😀😀

NG people are smoking rotten oregano... the 747SP being a Corsair with LX reg is simply very mean. I guess they tricked everyone into thinking it would be a Luxair.

I'm a supporter of NG but honestly their release choices are indeed very crappy and boring now.
Phoenix, on the other hand, have some trash moulds but they do know how to pick up some amazing livery choices.
exactly!!! look at PH's recent releases! loads and loads of fan-favorite 747s in their trash moulds! sooooooo pissed yet can't resist is my current state.

Not the greatest time in 400 scale. Phoenix has the liveries, but not the moulds. JC has the moulds, but not the liveries because of GJ. NG has the moulds too but doesn't know what to do with them.
That is a fair representation I'd say. However I would say that 400 scale is in a better place than it has been for many years so don't fret. Imagine what it would be like if NG, Aviation400 and Panda weren't about!