NG Models August release hints

That is a fair representation I'd say. However I would say that 400 scale is in a better place than it has been for many years so don't fret. Imagine what it would be like if NG, Aviation400 and Panda weren't about!
I imagine it would be a worse hobby . And imagine what the 400 scale world would have been like if we had a good classic 747 mould that was seeing regular use

And if they make them, they are delayed 🙂
Blimey mate you're like 20 something not 70. I don't think a couple of months is going to kill you :). They've never not delivered a model and of the hundreds they've made only a small percentage have ever been delayed more than 2 months.

The hobby is undoubtedly in a better place generally, but it's kinda meaningless if the best never makes what you like. I understand that's more of a criteria problem, but still, it's frustrating.
I agree but.... many collectors have been waiting literally decades for specific models so you wanting some modern Asian widebodies for types made regularly by several other brands is pretty low priority. Try getting a Tu-114!

I get your point though and don't disagree too.

Anyway AK has woken up and is posting on DAC so he'll be here soon to tell you what you're thinking and spread his rays of sunshine. Let's see what he has to say today. You just know he was going to love this batch regardless of what was in it.

Blimey mate you're like 20 something not 70. I don't think a couple of months is going to kill you :). They've never not delivered a model and of the hundreds they've made only a small percentage have ever been delayed more than 2 months.
Sshh, it's just a trend I see with the aircraft I am mostly interested in (and many others too I guess) like the Saudi/Cathay/Pan Am Tristar, Qantas 747SP, chrome American 777, 747-8's, so just hoping to not see this continue. I hope I won't have to add the Air Atlantic L-1011 to this list.

God All Mighty NG take a break! So much to look at lmao. Overall it’s another typical set by them; not to say it’s bad by any means, as I actually think it’s better than their last couple sets.

There’s definitely going to be quite a lot of discussion on this pink Southwest plane. IMO it’s the craziest release I’ve ever seen.
IMG_1321.jpeg

God All Mighty NG take a break! So much to look at lmao. Overall it’s another typical set by them; not to say it’s bad by any means, as I actually think it’s better than their last couple sets.

There’s definitely going to be quite a lot of discussion on this pink Southwest plane. IMO it’s the craziest release I’ve ever seen.
View attachment 20810
So this one's your fault :) . You crazy kids

So this one's your fault :) . You crazy kids
Perhaps 🤔

One other thing too, the pink Southwest was the suggestion of another collector as an April Fool's joke, which garnered a lot of attention that prompted NG to announce it now. Nevertheless it's an interesting decision and perhaps if there's enough interest, we may see more of these come up. In that case I suggest NG create a subdivision to dump their fantasy releases into so it doesn't clog up releases we want from NG themselves.

It's the year 2049.

NG Models has released over 1,000 fantasy Uniteds, Americans, BAs, Southwests, Qatars, Air Chinas, and ANAs, after burning through every reg in those airlines' fleets twice over. Meanwhile, their last Singapore Airlines release was back in 2020. The only classics made using NG moulds are Buchanans, representing schemes known by a grand total of 5 people on average. Their 747 moulds are still "coming soon." Phoenix Models thereby continues its monopoly of 1:400 747s, having become a Fortune 500 company by catering to that market's overwhelming demand...

So we’ve got yet 2 more Pan Am L-1011-500’s, including one which is an identical tail number to the 1st 2020 release…crikey. Might get N503PA to fleet-build, that’ll be on top of the previous fleet-build release, which I’m still waiting for 😂
Then yet another ANA which again, looks like an identical release to a previous one this time.

How much more inventory have they got to shift until we start seeing some much needed missing L-1011 subjects?

The hint for the Luxair SP was the most hopeful out of this batch for me, a nice original retro subject for 1:400, but it seems to have disappeared from the list?

Last edited:
NG I just want my Saudia Tristar, its all I ask for. NG you've been teasing me with this by first leaking the artwork, announcing it and then delaying it for the same time it took for the leak to become reality.