NG Models August release hints

If the 757 is TF-FIU then I'd be very happy NG listened to me.
It's already been released by NG though (not that that's precedent for not doing a re-release). Various other Icelandair candidates still awaiting a release such as the Loftleider Leisure and a Britannia hybrid which may well fit the Buchannan remit perfectly.

Attachments

• 0078033.jpg
    0078033.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 1270706.jpg
    1270706.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 0735065.jpg
    0735065.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 0930028.jpg
    0930028.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 7270129.jpg
    7270129.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
It's already been released by NG though (not that that's precedent for not doing a re-release). Various other Icelandair candidates still awaiting a release such as the Loftleider Leisure and a Britannia hybrid which may well fit the Buchannan remit perfectly.
Or Loftleiðir Icelandic that made the Antarctic flights?

Steinar

Almost 50 releases, this is combined what Gemini Aeroclassics Phoenix and JC releases in a month. Collectors and retailers going bankrupt.😆😆

Almost 50 releases, this is combined what Gemini Aeroclassics Phoenix and JC releases in a month. Collectors and retailers going bankrupt.😆😆
I don't even think that NG's Chief Apologist can justify this many releases, and that doesn't even include his Buchanan hybrids. This is pure unadulterated GREED at it's best. I don't think that collectors or retailers will go bankrupt; they will simply say "no" to these excesses. Eventually, wishful thinking or economic inevitability?, NG will drown in their unsold inventory. Greed should not be rewarded!!
As for my guesses, it's a matter of who even cares!! Most everything has been done before, and I just rolled my eyes about a third way thru their long list.

I don't even think that NG's Chief Apologist can justify this many releases, and that doesn't even include his Buchanan hybrids. This is pure unadulterated GREED at it's best. I don't think that collectors or retailers will go bankrupt; they will simply say "no" to these excesses. Eventually, wishful thinking or economic inevitability?, NG will drown in their unsold inventory. Greed should not be rewarded!!
As for my guesses, it's a matter of who even cares!! Most everything has been done before, and I just rolled my eyes about a third way thru their long list.
Agreed about the huge batch of unsold inventory. There are still models releases from a year ago on sale on retailer sites. Now they're releasing boring models with releases of them. Why, just why? It simply baffles me.

Agreed about the huge batch of unsold inventory. There are still models releases from a year ago on sale on retailer sites. Now they're releasing boring models with releases of them. Why, just why? It simply baffles me.
For the Chinese ones its understandable. But it does get questionable when NG releases an SWA 737 in the Canyon blue livery, sees it doesn't sell and releases another one.

Wow wow wow......47 models.....I will be stunned if at least 25 of those aren't delayed. I wouldn't be surprised if NG is trying to play catch-up after releasing some smaller sets a few months back, but I'm skeptical of that paying off.

There's lots of Chinese regs per usual (I think I counted 14?), and there seems to be a lot of doubles with registration prefixes (and even triples). With that being said there's some really nice potential/likely releases in here, some of which are from my neck of the woods.

Airbus A319
  • N53xxx
    • N530VA - Virgin America
    • N530VA - Alaska (after it bought Virgin America)
    • N531NK - Spirit (2002 - 2007 livery)
    • N535NK - Spirit (current livery)
Airbus A320 (but I'm pretty sure it's a NEO given the registration)
  • N90xxx
    • N904NK - Spirit (current livery)
Airbus A321
  • N94xxx
    • N946JL - JetBlue (Ribbons tail - NG has done this one before on the A321neo)
  • N98xxx
    • N982JB - JetBlue (new livery - pretty much a given since it's on the future release list)
    • N986AN - American (WL re-release - I highly doubt it's not JetBlue, but NG has definitely surprised us before)
Boeing 737 Max 8
  • N88xxx (x2)
    • N8814K - Southwest (standard, current, normal Heart livery - finally....we just need a -700 now)
    • N8842L - Southwest (maybe we just get two normal ones?? It's alright this time I suppose; they should sell really well, but this shouldn't be an often-used strategy. Maybe there's a weird grey winglet variant I'm not aware of?)
    • N8891Q - Southwest (Destination 225 sticker, this plane is barely a month old 😮)
Boeing 787-8 or -9
  • N85xxx
    • N8572C - Riyadh Air 787-9 (new livery - and it's on the future release list, so this wouldn't be surprising)
I'm also curious to see what the Japanese 787s and Canadian 737-800s end up being. Perhaps we'll get a double special livery release for WestJet (Frozen and Walt Disney World liveries). An ANA 787-9 standard livery re-release would be tempting to get, but I'm pretty sure one of those 787s will end up being the ANA Pikachu special livery. We haven't had standard JAL or ANA 787-8s yet from NG, so maybe we'll see those. We desperately need Korean widebodies though...

Quite a wild set we have here, but it's definitely better than the July set, which was fully of recent re-releases and bizarrely boring choices. I'm definitely pleased to see some U.S. A319s and A320s! Hopefully we don't see too many delays out of this one.

Here's my guesses on the N's:
A319 N53xxx
View attachment 20767
A320 N90xxx:
View attachment 20768
A321 N98xxx:
View attachment 20769
A321 N94xxx
View attachment 20771
737-MAX 8/9 N88xxx:
View attachment 20772
737-MAX 8/9 N88xxx::
View attachment 20773
Boeing 787-8/9 N85xxx:
I honestly have no clue
Lockheed L-1011 N50xxx:
View attachment 20774
L-1011 N51xxx:
View attachment 20775
I'm thinking the same. Though one of the N L1011's are probably going to be another full on PAA L1011 which I personally wouldn't mind.

There's absolutely no need to defend the size of the set.

Can anyone put forward a cogent argument why 47 models a month is bad for anyone - retailers or consumers? Retailers can buy as much or as little as they like and so can consumers. That is the end of it. I don't see any evidence of more unsold stock for NG than anyone else. No greed - just jealousy from those whose factory can't produce 10 quality models a month and has a tiny retailer network and sales figures. After all we all know there are at least 3 to 4 times as many stockists of NG as there are of AC.

I see moaning about not getting the models you want and then moaning about them releasing too many models. How does that work exactly? Also having to wait a few months for a model sometimes is very much a first world problem especially when you know it will be released and when it arrives it'll be top quality. NG's wait times are no longer than Gemini's future releases, JC Wings standard releases (not even the future ones), Aviation400s or for this year even Phoenix. The fact you are all complaining about the waiting just illustrates the popularity.