NG Models 747-8

Bummer, but these could be the exact same samples Richard reviewed back in March. Guess I'll send NG an email tonight politely begging for updates, for the millionth time...

Finally found a photo of the bottom side of the wing and to no surprise it has the same issues as it did before. It may as well be that NG simply did the modifications digitally and hasn't created a new sample to bring it to Airliners, which is what I'm hoping for but again unlikely.

They're certainly taking their time to release the first 748s, but at this point I'm not quite sure if they're doing so to improve their moulds or there are some other reasons we don't know about.
Doing the updates digitally and not making a new sample would be less work, so it's definitely a possibility. Maybe I'm trying too hard to be optimistic lol.

Last edited:
Would be a bit strange to go to such a big collectible show and display an unfinished product, when they had weeks to improve it. Isn't this the perfect time and place to show everyone what you can do?

Bummer, but these could be the exact same samples Richard reviewed back in March. Guess I'll send NG an email tonight politely begging for updates, for the millionth time...

Doing the updates digitally and not making a new sample would be less work, so it's definitely a possibility. Maybe I'm trying too hard to be optimistic lol.
Tried not to pester them too much recently but I did just send an email too. It's unfortunate that chances are if they don't get to the issues now, they never will. The 777 APU exhaust is still waiting for a rework.

Tried not to pester them too much recently but I did just send an email too. It's unfortunate that chances are if they don't get to the issues now, they never will. The 777 APU exhaust is still waiting for a rework.
Thanks, I just did as well. Tried to word it a little strongly (without being rude ofc), since being conciliatory doesn't seem to work. Hopefully we get more concrete answers..

This “rework” will not happen as they consider the current shape to most accurately represent a true to scale 777 tail cone. And when compared to what Aviation 400 and JC did with their molds, forgetting scale for the needless requirement to represent the strobe and position lights, I am with NG in their position. Those stubs are grossly oversized (200 scale at least) on AV400/JC molds.

Having said that, yes they should address the modifications of a models particulars to most accurately represent the real plane, such are the wings of the Tu-154B2 which shouldn’t have but two actuator fairings exceeding the trailing edge of the wing.

I don't think these were the same samples, but they were identical. I am not saying improvements won't be made, only that the samples at Airliners did not have any.

Would be a bit strange to go to such a big collectible show and display an unfinished product, when they had weeks to improve it. Isn't this the perfect time and place to show everyone what you can do?

They certainly did not want to show how good of a 747 they can make, but rather just remind us of the fact that they haven't forgotten about it, and are still working on it. Their 757s did call a lot of attention.

--------------------------------------

Speaking of Airliners International, allow me to hijack this thread a bit. Here are the photos I took:

AI2023.jpg

I don't think these were the same samples, but they were identical. I am not saying improvements won't be made, only that the samples at Airliners did not have any.

This was my perception aswell: It doesn't mean they won't tweak the moulds. I guess the samples shown are simply older models. Maybe from the same production batch of the samples sent to Richard for the review.

AK signing an AC box next to the NG sample moulds, coincidence? :unsure:

Actually, that was a coincidence. Paresh and I spent a lot of idle time at that table, so when AK swung by I asked him to sign that box for me. It is a 1:200 Viasa DC-8 that he kindly sold to me for a very good price the day prior.

This pic however, was not coincidence:

IMG_7219.jpeg
Disclaimer: I did not take that picture, I was just asked to share it online. I did not mind doing that.

This was my perception aswell: It doesn't mean they won't tweak the moulds. I guess the samples shown are simply older models. Maybe from the same production batch of the samples sent to Richard for the review.

That is exactly what I think also.

Actually, that was a coincidence. Paresh and I spent a lot of idle time at that table, so when AK swung by I asked him to sign that box for me. It is a 1:200 Viasa DC-8 that he kindly sold to me for a very good price the day prior.

View attachment 17630
Disclaimer: I did not take that picture, I was just asked to share it online. I did not mind doing that.

Heh, I'm surprised he's not extending a certain other finger😉

View attachment 17630

BAHAHAHHAHA

ITS ANDREW

I have the 757 and 747 samples with me I can get some photos later on

View attachment 17630

Well, I certainly wasn’t expecting THIS!

BAHAHAHHAHA

ITS ANDREW

I have the 757 and 747 samples with me I can get some photos later on
That would be much appreciated. Could you share some pictures of the sample directly compared with the JC and PH moulds too?

Hey, did you happen to get a response from them? Nothing for me.