NG CRP Requests

swagninja84

Per NG's IG, there is now an option to use points and grow value to make requests.

"[New Function]You make a wish, we make it happen!!! Every 10 Growth Values will earn a chance to make a wish(it will also cost you a point). If you don't have the chance to make a wish right now, you can join other people's wishes to increase their popularity(will cost a point each time). We will arrange the new production plans according to your WISHES and their popularities. We hope the new releases are more in line with collectors' interests, and improve the lack of diversity."

seems like a good idea. Gives collectors a voice to request what models they want. Only problem I can foresee is spam and I've noticed people requesting models NG doesn't even have moulds for...

I like the idea, however I hope that NG takes the lead and has a clear idea about how to deal with certain issues.

For example:
1. If the most voters are from certain countries you will still have the same issue as today.

To counter that NG would have to pick at least a few different continents or timeframes for a release and look at the most requested planes for that continent or timeframe.

2. Point one is also applicable for type of aircraft. NG would still have to put up parameters for type of aircraft. Otherwise based on voting I am afraid that classics will never see the light of day.

3. It is currently on mobile not possible to search if a request has been made.

4. Are multiple requests for the same aircraft denied automatically or at least bundled if the livery is not different?

5. There needs to be a strategy on how to deal with same livery different reg.

But let's hope it will eventually result in a more diverse release set and happy collectors.

Yeah I noticed that, I’ve put a few requests in but you are capped at 3 anyway. It depends what kind of models you want made
YOU were capped at 3. I had a limit of 18 and have put in 7 so far. The limit for everyone will differ and will be based on their own growth value.
Screenshot_20241006-011646~2.png
I like the idea, however I hope that NG takes the lead and has a clear idea about how to deal with certain issues.

4. Are multiple requests for the same aircraft denied automatically or at least bundled if the livery is not different?
5. There needs to be a strategy on how to deal with same livery different reg.
From what I have seen for far, No. Multiple ANA 787 and 77W requests.

pretty good ideas so far, I just hope they will actually materialize not like a "wish" foundation

YOU were capped at 3. I had a limit of 18 and have put in 7 so far. The limit for everyone will differ and will be based on their own growth value.
View attachment 34102

From what I have seen for far, No. Multiple ANA 787 and 77W requests.
I have even seen two JA792A and one JA798A. It is worth noting that JA798A has the new ANA Flagship configuration while JA792A has the old configuration: which leans that they have different windows configurations. Also, JA798A is their last 777-300ER (delivered in 2019).

If you don’t know which one to chose, please join JA798A.
IMG_7386.jpeg

They had mentioned this to me and although it seems at first like a good idea I share @LiveryCollector 's concerns. I don't see this making a massive difference to diversity. About half the requests so far are Chinese (some for models that have been made already, like the CZ Guizhou 738, and some for moulds they don't have, like 400 scale Shangai CRJ). There is plenty of ANA too that I can see.

As far as I can see you can't tell how many votes something has got and don't know how many votes it needs to get made. There are some classics but not many.

There are a few models I upvoted so far (Eastern silver new mark, RJ L-1011s, Braniff 747SP, China Airlines A320, Egyptair Tu-154)

I added in 4 wishes of my own:
  • Eastern L-1011 delivery colours with small radome dot
  • Eastern L-1011 Silver new mark with cheatline beneath the windows
  • Midway A320
  • BWIA L-1011-500 'We Are Caribbean'

Attachments

• 800px-eastern-air-lines-lockheed-l-1011-tristar-1-proctor-1_orig.jpg
    800px-eastern-air-lines-lockheed-l-1011-tristar-1-proctor-1_orig.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 0337837.jpg
    0337837.jpg
    693.1 KB · Views: 2
  • lockheed-l-1011-385-1-tristar-1-eastern-air-lines-an0207958_orig.jpg
    lockheed-l-1011-385-1-tristar-1-eastern-air-lines-an0207958_orig.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 800px-lockheed-l-1011-385-3-tristar-500-bwia-international-an0846879_orig.jpg
    800px-lockheed-l-1011-385-3-tristar-500-bwia-international-an0846879_orig.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
If these wishes come true, we may see one classic per year and even more ANA / Chinese models.

Only problem I can foresee is spam and I've noticed people requesting models NG doesn't even have moulds for...
Or we see this as a chance. If only enough join in for a DC-9-10, 707-120/320/420 or 727?
I'd enter an ANA 727 (only need the mould) but can't get NG's site to work properly.

Or we see this as a chance. If only enough join in for a DC-9-10, 707-120/320/420 or 727?
I'd enter an ANA 727 (only need the mould) but can't get NG's site to work properly.
It doesn't make sense to me to use it as a lobby for new moulds. They have enough moulds that aren't being used properly already

For anyone who needs it I've whipped up a video about this with steps for wishing and voting included (YT thumbnails don't seemto be working on here):

Last edited:
It doesn't make sense to me to use it as a lobby for new moulds. They have enough moulds that aren't being used properly already

For anyone who needs it I've whipped up a video about this with steps for wishing and voting included (YT thumbnails don't seemto be working on here):

Thanks, after watching your video I had at least a rough idea about where to enter what. Took me five attempts to even select the scale.
I can't even find all this CRP/wishes stuff on my desktop browser's NG site.

Took me some nerves but I finally entered a type they have but never use: Aero Lloyd's MD-87

So, how does this all work? I mean, this website is a mess. Do I need to scroll through hundreds of entries? How do they make their choice in the end? All this is pretty vague (like all wishlists) and feels like a waste of time so far. Prove me wrong NG.

Last edited:
Just added 4 more wishes on the NG Models portal - all MD-80s (Alitalia, AirCal, Frontier & Airtours). Please vote for them!!

Some other good MDs have been suggested by people like SAS, Austrian, TWA Wings of Pride, Delta Widget, Continental globe and Aero Lloyd. All very worthy too.

Attachments

• 800px-Frontier_Airlines_(1950-1986)_MD-82;_N9801F@ATL,_September_1982_AKO_(5127219182).jpg
    800px-Frontier_Airlines_(1950-1986)_MD-82;_N9801F@ATL,_September_1982_AKO_(5127219182).jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 7357035.jpg
    7357035.jpg
    907 KB · Views: 4
  • McDonnell_Douglas_MD-83,_Airtours_International_Airways_JP5941318.jpg
    McDonnell_Douglas_MD-83,_Airtours_International_Airways_JP5941318.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 5
  • n478ac.JPG
    n478ac.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 4