NGModels 2024: "Let Classic be Classic" model suggestion campaign

No, they are from AC and the Trident from GJ I believe. The new A300 is their own
It would be really nice if they or NG stepped in to develop a new mould for the DC-8 or DC-9 with aerials...

I hope NG does a good DC-10, although I think we will have to wait for a while. I think the next step for Yu Models should be the A310.

The CAAC Trident is actually a PLAAF example and more interestingly, an ex-PIA Trident and the exact one that Lin Biao attempted to defect from China with in the 70's. Hoping this one makes it out of China and into my collection along with that CAAC 707.
I'm not sure you are correct about this Abdul.

The one that was shot down in 1971 was indeed a Trident 1E with construction number 2131 ex-PIA AP-ATL operating for the PLAAF with serial number '256'.

The subject of YU's model is a Trident 2E construction number 2165 delivered new to CAAC in January 1975 as B-256 (yes, confusing isn't it!), then re-registered in 1980 to B-261. It was transferred in 1988 to Air China as B-2208 and written off March 22nd 1990 when it overran the wet runway on landing at Guilin - Liangjiang (KWL).

I'm not sure you are correct about this Abdul.

The one that was shot down in 1971 was indeed a Trident 1E with construction number 2131 ex-PIA AP-ATL operating for the PLAAF with serial number '256'.

The subject of YU's model is a Trident 2E construction number 2165 delivered new to CAAC in January 1975 as B-256 (yes, confusing isn't it!), then re-registered in 1980 to B-261. It was transferred in 1988 to Air China as B-2208 and written off March 22nd 1990 when it overran the wet runway on landing at Guilin - Liangjiang (KWL).
I stand corrected, I didn't pay enough attention to the fact it was a Trident 2E and not a 1E. The confusion also stemmed from the registration as I remembered it as B-256 instead of making the distinction of it being a serial number. Thanks for the correction, a shame as I would have loved to see an ex-PIA Trident in CAAC colors

It would be really nice if they or NG stepped in to develop a new mould for the DC-8 or DC-9 with aerials...

I hope NG does a good DC-10, although I think we will have to wait for a while. I think the next step for Yu Models should be the A310.
A DC-9-10 is an absolute must. The only one ever done in 1:400 was an AC first generation spin cast.

............. The only one ever done in 1:400 was an AC first generation spin cast.
Jet-X did a few in some US airline liveries - mainly variations of Continental Airlines but a couple of others too;
JC Wings did a KLM DC-9-15. I don't kow if they created their own mold or used somebody else's.

Jet-X did a few in some US airline liveries - mainly variations of Continental Airlines but a couple of others too;
JC Wings did a KLM DC-9-15. I don't kow if they created their own mold or used somebody else's.
I forgot about that one. I looked at some pictures and it seems that the JC Wings mold is the same as the Jet-X one. I guess this mold might be a little better than the AC one but the shape of the nose looks wrong, and the wing seam is glaring. We need a new mold.