NGModels 2024: "Let Classic be Classic" model suggestion campaign

a bit more thought on the "classics", definitely there is certain level of lost in translation from east to west when it comes to classic model airliner.
in Chinese, it's more on the theme/livery that's rather "iconic" but not necessarily "old" enough, any plane that's retired can be put into the broader term of being "classic". (of course has to be special first)
while in the west side, it's more of being "vintage" with time and memory in the "classic", from those 60s-80s or even 90s.
Does it mean that NG will just follow Chinese standard in this campaign? - perhaps, but not necessarily.
two things to take into consideration,
1. this first release is rather fast since their announcement, and so far it's only announced on their Chinese social media channel, so no real channel for western collectors to voice their thoughts, despite you can still email them anytime.
2. their real "classic moulds" were merely announced last month or so, given their pace in making the white sample mould into real full livery airliner, it's unlikely they will be announcing what you want in a least another 6-8 months, which is the 2nd half of 2024. so their first few round of classics will still be based on their current model lineup anyway.
still, i wouldn't doubt that NG could come up with more of the real "classics" that lots of you guys really want. jus a bit more patience.

Last edited:
All I care about is that they do well-desired and sought-after US retros. That’s what I’m after right now.
I am having a cull on my US retros and selling them to make space for new releases. No lists yet, but if you after are Aeroclassics, pm me with your wants and you can have first priority?

I’m thinking some BA 747 World Tails need to be released, tails we haven’t seen from GJ and Big Bird! Got excited when NG done the Chelsea Rose 772 hoping more tails would come out! Can still hope….

I’m thinking some BA 747 World Tails need to be released, tails we haven’t seen from GJ and Big Bird! Got excited when NG done the Chelsea Rose 772 hoping more tails would come out! Can still hope….
Those would be welcomed, although I gather NG have trouble with the printing of some of the more intricate designs.

Those would be welcomed, although I gather NG have trouble with the printing of some of the more intricate designs.
Curious to know why you state this - they seem to have done a number of complex liveries with ease - the Balarinji ones, the myriad Chinese schemes, the new Salmon 737, the Gol Voa Canarinho, the Sichuan A319, A330s & A350s thus far, amongst others. Yes they do mess up at times, the Peter Max and one of the CZ Zhuhei ones - those seem to be exceptions though, isn't it?

They replicated the livery perfectly but messed up big time in the lettering! lol

Should read "TRANSPORTADORA" and "OFICIAL"
instead of "TRANSPDORTADORA" "OFCIAL"
Ouch. Yeah that's like the aircraft name on the LH A350-900 that they messed up - and the Hawaiian A330 where the aircraft name should be in another colour. These are significant, but say, out of 10, one would probably need to be really nitpicking and say deduct 0.5 marks? That's still a great 9.5/10